Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want to protest vote and declare political apathy- in that you no longer believe in the politics of the candidates and/or parties standing for election- you should spoil your ballot. All you have to do is scribble over it. These are counted, the same as any vote and registered as a kind of protest.

You certainly shouldn't vote for neo nazis. The only reasons you should vote for them is that you're a vile, disgusting biggoted shit for brains or you're just a shit for brains with no grasp of the democratic process.

if you want to protest vote and declare political apathy- in that you no longer believe in the politics of the candidates and/or parties standing for election- you should spoil your ballot. All you have to do is scribble over it. These are counted, the same as any vote and registered as a kind of protest.

You certainly shouldn't vote for neo nazis. The only reasons you should vote for them is that you're a vile, disgusting biggoted shit for brains or you're just a shit for brains with no grasp of the democratic process.

This.

Wait what? Weren't you the one who said he was considering voting BNP, that I declared an idiot?

/truth

I'd rather protest vote for anyone else.

James May and his full-size Lego house nobody wants

It could be the biggest bargain on the property market: a two-storey house that’s being given away for nothing. The only drawback is that this des res is made entirely out of Lego – and you’ll have to find somewhere to put it. Top Gear presenter James May has just built the world’s first full-size Lego house – including a working toilet, hot shower and a very uncomfortable bed – using 3.3million plastic bricks.

article-1214729-067F77B2000005DC-581_634x474.jpg

About 1,000 volunteers built the 20ft-tall house in Denbies Wine Estate in Dorking, Surrey – but now the vineyard needs the land back to harvest its grapes. If no one collects it by 8am on Tuesday, it will be hacked to bits with chainsaws. May says Legoland reneged on a deal to take it to their theme park in Windsor, Berkshire, after deciding it would be too expensive to move. Meanwhile, miffed Legoland managers criticised May for building the house without their help. May said: ‘I’m very unhappy about it. I feel as if I’m having my arm twisted into saying “knock it down”. Legoland only told us on Thursday they were not going to take it. 'Knocking it down is just wrong on every level. It’s a really lovely thing – it would break the hearts of the 1,000 people who worked like dogs to build it.’

May believes that an art gallery, a children’s home or a wealthy private collector might be interested in the house. But any entrepreneurs hoping to make money from it would face legal problems as Legoland has an exclusive licence to use the plastic bricks as a public attraction in Britain.

Lego has also banned May from dismantling the structure and giving away the bricks, which the company donated for his forthcoming BBC show James May’s Toy Stories. ‘It would dilute Lego’s sales – we can only give them to charity,’ May said.

May slept in the house on Friday night, on ‘the most uncomfortable bed I’ve ever slept in’ – when he also discovered the house was not waterproof.

Martin Williams, marketing director of Legoland Windsor, said: ‘We’re disappointed we were not consulted as our model-makers could have advised on building a movable structure. In our opinion, the only way to move the Lego house now is to cut into it, which would compromise the structural integrity and present us with health-and-safety issues. We considered all the options but due to cost, timings, logistics and planning permission, we have decided it would not be viable to move the structure to the park.’

Earlier this year the TV presenter made his debut in the Chelsea Flower show with a garden made entirely out of plasticine. His Paradise in Plasticine boasted palm trees, bushes, a vegetable patch, grapevine, lawn, rockery and pond and featured two and a half tonnes of plasticine in 24 different colours.

The 46-year-old claimed his effort is the biggest and most complex plasticine model ever made. He produced the the garden as part of his BBC 2 series James May's Toy Stories, where he aimed to 'get kids out of their bedrooms and away from their Playstations'.

Alton Towers bans men in Speedos

Small swimwear is out, says water park in barely concealed grope for August publicity.

Frankly, any man wearing tight swimming trunks at a water park that boasts "adrenalin-pumping thrills" is asking for trouble.

However, it seems that sanity, self-preservation, good taste, and even the memory of Rod Stewart's terrifying leopardskin Speedos have not proved sufficient deterrent: Alton Towers today announced a ban on tiny trunks at its aquatic park, on pain of compulsory bikini waxing.

Rachael Lockitt, the park's PR manager, rejected any suggestion that the Speedo story was dreamt up to generate a little August publicity. However, the venue got good press mileage in May when it announced a similar "ban" on children wearing high heels to cheat the height requirements on its rides.

It insists the trunks-only rule is an "extreme measure … to prevent embarrassment among fellow members of the public and to maintain the family-friendly atmosphere at the resort".

"While women may hail the return of the skimpy bathers, the style itself is not deemed public or family friendly, and therefore we are requesting that male swimmers wear more appropriate styles such as boardshorts."

Morwenna Angove, sales and marketing director for Alton Towers, said: "We feel this small brief style is not appropriate for a family venue so we are advising male bathers to wear more protective swimwear such as shorts."

It is not yet clear whether male bikini waxing, or the full back, sack and crack is being contemplated. Alton Towers said not only men were involved – some women bathers had turned up wearing thongs.

So far Alton Towers has not announced any further clothing guidelines for its toddlers' paddling pool, recklessly named The Little Leak.

Seems a bit pointless?

And a bit sexist, considering they didn't ban bakinis.

I'm a Conservative too, but that doesn't make a vote for the BNP any better. If you don't agree with someones views, if you don't want them to represent you, don't vote for them. Simple. A protest vote is a spoiled ballot.

I dont believe that a spoilt vote is a protest vote. Ok you have not voted for anyone. But that means no party are really bothered as you havent voted for anyone else either.

I also dont see voting green as an option as it was hoping for the fact that large numbers of people would vote BNP and shock the mainstream partys. I dont think large numbers of people voting green would shock in the same way.

Anyway in the end i changed my opinion and said i would not be voting for them for the reasons already stated in the thread. But i still hate the fact that people make out that people shoudnt vote for them. There a legitamate party and if they manage to gain the votes then why the hell shoudnt they get to run the country it is a democracy after all. Im not sure they would be much worse than the current shower of shit.

Seems a bit pointless?

In a sense, but women will always be the "same size" when it comes to undergarment swimwear. Whereas blokes have varying "packages". I don't really agree with showing ones banana hammock off, but I will defend their right to wear it. It's up to them if them want to show off [no doubt with varying degrees of embarassment] Although the childrens theme park might not be the bext place to show off the lunchbox.

Seems a bit pointless?

I think its just in good taste. I woudnt say its sexist. I think this ban should be expanded across the EU and enforced most in the eastern EU states as when i was on holiday earlier ths year there were far to many ex 'commies' wearing speedos. Those images will haunt me for the rest of my days.

I dont believe that a spoilt vote is a protest vote. Ok you have not voted for anyone. But that means no party are really bothered as you havent voted for anyone else either.

I also dont see voting green as an option as it was hoping for the fact that large numbers of people would vote BNP and shock the mainstream partys. I dont think large numbers of people voting green would shock in the same way.

Anyway in the end i changed my opinion and said i would not be voting for them for the reasons already stated in the thread. But i still hate the fact that people make out that people shoudnt vote for them. There a legitamate party and if they manage to gain the votes then why the hell shoudnt they get to run the country it is a democracy after all. Im not sure they would be much worse than the current shower of shit.

And what is a large number of BNP votes going to do to affect any other party? A high number of spoiled votes shows dissatisfaction. A high number of BNP votes shows a high number of morons and bigots.

And what is a large number of BNP votes going to do to affect any other party? A high number of spoiled votes shows dissatisfaction. A high number of BNP votes shows a high number of morons and bigots.

Says the person calling names and judging people with regardes to the democratic process.

Yes spoilt votes show dissatisfaction. But they know were disatisfied already. They dont need a spoilt ballot paper to work that out.

A large number of votes to the BNP shows that they might not have that long to correct there ways before they gain real power. I mean im the first to admit that the BNP coming to power would not be a good thing.

Says the person calling names and judging people with regardes to the democratic process.

Yes spoilt votes show dissatisfaction. But they know were disatisfied already. They dont need a spoilt ballot paper to work that out.

A large number of votes to the BNP shows that they might not have that long to correct there ways before they gain real power. I mean im the first to admit that the BNP coming to power would not be a good thing.

So if they know we are dissatisfied why is a BNP vote necessary?

So if they know we are dissatisfied why is a BNP vote necessary?

Because BNP getting in to power is the worst thing that could happen to this country. If they thaught BNP were going to start making ground they would have to act.

Like i have said i never wanted them to gain power. I just personally feel that it is the best way to make a protest vote. If you feel differently thats up to you. But i have a vote and i am allowed to use it any way i wish.

The fact is after the Gurkha and Johnson Beharry VC sagas i woudnt vote for them any way as i woudnt want them to have the satisfaction of gaining that extra vote.

At the moment we have bassically a 2 party state, the lib dems are going no where (they may do well from labours misfortune this time but give it 4 years and they will be back in 3rd again), the green party arnt either. Yes people are concerned about green issues but i dont think theres enough people who will put them as there number 1 issue to vote green.

The BNP on the other hand have the potential to grow rapidly. Im originally from the working north and there are a lot of out and out racists who will vote BNP. But then there are a second (but much larger) group of people who know that the BNP are bad and dont really want to vote for them. But they are sick of Labour attitue of helping people who dont deserve help. And taxing people who work and do everything right and proper to pay for the 'shameless' types. People also see immagrants as being a group who dont deserve help. People just want change and there is the potential that the BNP could do very well out of this.

Labour and the Conservatives need to realise this and make drastic changes. When at the next election the torys win (and they will its almost a fact) if they do not make some drastic changes to this country the BNP could do very well at the election after it. As people will not have forgotten how much of a mess labour made of it only 4 years ago.

This is all what i see to be fact. Im not a racist despite what many of you think. I do not and never did want to see the BNP elected to power. I just think there needs to be some massive chnage. And a strong turn out from the BNP could be the catalyst to make these changes.

I don't see how a growing vote percentage for BNP will make the other parties change teh way you want them to. If anything the other parties will just become more like the BNP, which surely is the wrong idea? If you vote for green party, and the reds and blues go "holy shit, people wanna be green, let's be a bit more eco-friendly and liberal!" then... well that's surely a better end result.

I don't see how a growing vote percentage for BNP will make the other parties change teh way you want them to. If anything the other parties will just become more like the BNP, which surely is the wrong idea? If you vote for green party, and the reds and blues go "holy shit, people wanna be green, let's be a bit more eco-friendly and liberal!" then... well that's surely a better end result.

But i dont really care about them being eco friendly (well i do but its not a key issue) and what do you mean by liberal? Im not sure the torys need to be any more liberal. I just want them to start looking after people who deserve it. And people who just take take take get fuck all until they put something back in.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!