N-Europe

Perfect Dark XBLA

Gizmo

Hopefully, it'll be configurable and take advantage of the controller. I'd like something like:

Sticks - Move/Aim

Left stick click - Crouch

A - Action

X - Reload

Y/B - Scroll through weapons

RT - Fire

LT - Aim/Zoom (It needs to be somewhere for the scoped weapons)

LB/RB - Secondary Function (hopefully a button press rather than needing to hold it)

D-Pad - Weapon Wheel

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to 1: Perfect. I will freely admit to leaving my console on overnight with 4 pads plugged in and utilising the proximity mine glitch in the felicity level :P BUT! I do share the multiplayer sessions of gross addiction that we all have; three of us would grab some sleeping bags, pringles and bottles of coke and worsen our eyesights for weekends on end.

I'm sure they'll be correcting some of the glitches, hopefully removing that delay to access the pause menu where you'd continue getting shot. I'm hoping some added easter eggs will be found, besides the cheese.

I'm most curious about how they deal with the Halo-led innovation of a minimal weapon set (to deal with minimal button pressing) -- will we still have to scroll through guns, or will we have, maybe, the option to hold down LB or RB to bring up a 'gun wheel'?

Still! Nostalgia alone means this is going to sell big time.

Yeh I think you had to press and hold A for the weapon wheel. It was pretty revolutionary for the time. It may not have been the first FPS to use it but it definitely was one of them. I had to replug in my old N64 and this yesterday just through all this talk. It's still as fun as it was. I forgot how hard Perfect Agent mode was. Looking forward to seeing the achievement list for this, hopefully there'll be some nice online ones in there too. Totally forgot about the Goldeneye guns cheat for Single player too :D

• 2 months later...
Wow this is actually happening?

I see it was announced during E3, guess thats what happens when you're the other side of the world.

It sure is :) the game is getting new textures, 5.1 sound, 60fps etc and online multiplayer which should be a laugh.

Shame I will own everyone at it though. Hey ho :P

Heh, you won't :heh: I was awesome at it too, never lost. But then, I only played my own circle of friends, and most of them had Playstations, so of course I was the best. Everyone thinks they were awesome at this game because it existed before online FPS multiplayer but in reality, when it comes out on dual analogue and the whole world is out there as an opponent, there'll always be someone better out there....

But the only really good maps (IMO) in GoldenEye were Facility and Temple, both of which were in Perfect Dark and Perfect Dark Zero.

I loved... erm I've forgotten the name, the one that was all silver and had vents you could walk through to hidden areas. I also loved Library. Would be nice to see them in PDXBLA.