N-Europe

Splinter Cell Conviction (360)

Shorty

My personal favourite game out of the whole conference. Looks like its going back to what made Chaos Theory one of the greatest games of last generation, and adding some kickass presentation in the mix as well. Whenabouts did they say this was coming?

Presentation was great as always. But i have huge doubts about the gameplay going by other ubi games.

Agreed. Not a great fan of Ubi games....most recent game of theirs that I have disliked being Far Cry 2.

But if any of the previous splinter cell games are to go by, than this should be decent!

It looks like it'll be very streamlined but not to the degree of the latest Prince of Persia. For instance to beat people up you won't be tapping out button combos, and the 'Execute' option appears to take over aiming so long as you get the jump on people, but you aren't just following a set path all the time.

Seems like a good balance between interaction and making play look stylish, at least from what was shown.

I have never been a fan of any of the splinter cell titles. They just never sat with me. But I will say that this looks great. I don't think it looks as much a splinter cell title anymore even though it still has all of the stealth elements to it. Loving the mission statements and story telling as projections on the real world. It's a small thing but I think it really stands out and makes the game stand out.

• 5 months later...

The martial arts reminds me of The Bourne Identity, he's even dressed similar. Good to see Splinter Cell return to what made it Splinter Cell, I was so disappointed with Double Agent, it was the only one I didn't finish and I absolutely loved the previous three games. Unfortunately, I don't have a capable PC to play it on..

A release I'm actually excited for. Loved the original and double agent was pretty good as well. Didn't like Pandora Tomorrow and never tried Chaos Theory, though perhaps I should. I read in EDGE that this one might be a bit more combat based than the others and might rely on stealth a bit less, which I am skeptical of.

A release I'm actually excited for. Loved the original and double agent was pretty good as well. Didn't like Pandora Tomorrow and never tried Chaos Theory, though perhaps I should. I read in EDGE that this one might be a bit more combat based than the others and might rely on stealth a bit less, which I am skeptical of.

Looks that way, but if there's a good balance I wouldn't mind. That's if I even play this game. One problem I've had with Splinter Cell is when you get spotted, it's just a case of loading bullets into whoever saw you first and running away as fast as you can. So many times I just never bothered to fight back and just sat there being shot to death..

• 1 month later...

OXM Information :

Co-Op|

•Archer & Kestrel are the new Co-Op characters.

• Takes place about 2 months before Conviction

• roughly 6 hours

• Cover compared to Gears "..slip from one hiding spot to the next, like a more svetle Marcus Fenix."

• Pressing A when you're caught in a choke hold will elbow your Captor in the gut, giving your partner a brief chance to take a headshot.

• If you're wounded, you can either play dead or use your pistol until your partner heals you or you bleed out.

• 4 co-op Campain Chapters

|Persistent Elite Creation|

• You earn points through out the SP & MP

• Change your look online and the look of Sam Fisher

• Upgrade Weapons / Gadgets / Appearance

|Deniable Ops|

• 6 Maps (4 from co-op & 2 only for DO)

• Hunter (Clear the map of Enemies, alone or with a partner)

• Infiltration (same concept, but detection by enemies automatically results in failure)

• Last Stand (Protect an EMP warhead from waves of attacking foes)

• Face Off (the sole adversarial mode, with two players going head-to-head with a costumizable number of A.I. Opponents populating the map)