Favourite Zelda Town or Village

Favourite town  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite town

• [b]Windfall Island[/b] (Wind Waker)
    • [b]Outset Island[/b] (Wind Waker)
    • [b]Clock Town[/b] (Majora's Mask)
    • [b]Goron City[/b] (Ocarina of Time)
    • [b]Kakariko Village[/b] (Ocarina of Time)
    • [b]Kakariko Village[/b] (Link to the Past)
    • [b]Kakariko Village[/b] (Twilight Princess)
    • [b]Ordon Village[/b] (Twilight Princess)
    • [b]Castle Town[/b] (Twilight Princess)
    • [b]Other[/b]

I vote for Windfall Island. It's interesting geographically and architecturally, has many shops and residencies and is home to a great many sidequests. Trying to get into the Bomb Shop on that stormy night is one of my favourite moments in gaming. There's something so understated about it.

I also love little touches like finding a late night auction going on or popping into the mysterious potion shop to see what the owner can make with my ingredients. The Pictography and Merchant sidequests are very enjoyable and, possibly best of all, sending a flaming arrow into the lighthouse and then seeing its comforting beam from afar.

I loved this island since I first encountered it and had a reunion with an old friend (well, he's my friend even if no one else likes him! ) and crawled through the town's three secret passages.

Voted Windfall, it's awesome! It probably has more interactivity than all the towns/villages in Twilight Princess combined!!

Lighting the lighthouse is indeed awesome and I love the stealth mission, game of hide and seek, the way the island is quite small but it has loads of depth, all the routes/building connect up really well and it feels comforting and enjoyable. A home from home.

But also...

I love Hyrule Market in OOT, just because for what it was at the time, it seemed such a vibrant, bussling, market place full of warmth, happyness and enjoyment with people prancing around etc... then you had the little side alley to explore and the dogs etc...

Edited by Retro_Link

Kakariko Village (TP)

I thought the overall feel of this was just amazing, sure, there wasn't that much to do, and there weren't very many people, but that was explained well enough in the game, directly and indirectly. Walking into the bomb shop, lighting your lanturn, getting it put out, and then walking out was just awesome. I didn't really like the design of the elder's hut though, and that end of the town. Its also one of the best areas in TP that shows how hyrule has changed since OoT. The town had boomed and then was abandoned.

On the subject, I'd personally like to see more villages in the next Zelda. Perhaps there are two mountains with different goron settlements, or different villages for River Zoras and Sea Zoras, ect.

Well, seeing as Clock Town is 10 times more developed than any other, as well as NPCs going out their life in a strict pattern over 3 days within the town, it's an obvious choice. Not sure why people are picking Windfall Island - in comparison to Clock Town it is relatively barren, and the NPCs inhabiting it are absolute garbage.

And now, you must make me choose! Damn you!

If it's any consolation, I love Clock Town too! ;) My favourite part is Western Clock Town, which is a narrow side-alley full of mysterious shops that gradually gets higher. Actually, Windfall Island's main street may have been based on it.

Kakariko Village (TP)

I thought the overall feel of this was just amazing, sure, there wasn't that much to do, and there weren't very many people, but that was explained well enough in the game, directly and indirectly. Walking into the bomb shop, lighting your lanturn, getting it put out, and then walking out was just awesome. I didn't really like the design of the elder's hut though, and that end of the town. Its also one of the best areas in TP that shows how hyrule has changed since OoT. The town had boomed and then was abandoned.

I really liked the height of the canyon and seeing where you could float to with a Cuckoo. That's one of the things I love about Zelda towns - how interactive they are compared to most RPGs.

I haven't voted seeing as I'm torn. I'd vote for Outset Island because of the peacefulness and tranquility but I'd also like to vote for other and choose the Zora Domain in Twilight Princess for similar reasons, although this place seems more relaxed than Outset Island. I'd also give a mention to the Minish Village. That place was just beautiful, even on the GBA.

If it's any consolation, I love Clock Town too! ;) My favourite part is Western Clock Town, which is a narrow side-alley full of mysterious shops that gradually gets higher. Actually, Windfall Island's main street may have been based on it.

I'm more of a fan of the East Side, myself. Minigame stores, the inn and the music in the milk bar and mayor's meeting are all cool.

Well, seeing as Clock Town is 10 times more developed than any other, as well as NPCs going out their life in a strict pattern over 3 days within the town, it's an obvious choice. Not sure why people are picking Windfall Island - in comparison to Clock Town it is relatively barren, and the NPCs inhabiting it are absolute garbage.

Windfall has a TON of sidequests. Sure, in Clock town the NPCs' lives make sense, and their personalities are better developed, but Windfall island was bustling with NPCs way better than the norm, too.

Considering WW wasn't running on the 3-day system, Windfall is incredible.

Point is, Clock Town is awesome, but Windfall is no slouch either. I just happened to choose Windfall because of all the little things I kept finding throughout the whole game. There was so many things packed in that island.

The bit in bold really did crack me up!

I voted Clock Town - t'is most certainly the most fleshed out! Not to mention that awesome little tune that plays in the background. I restarted MM today, been ages since I last played it and so far I'm very confused (which makes for a better gaming experience seeing as Termina is a pretty odd place in general anyways!).

Best Zelda game without question.

Windfall has a TON of sidequests. Sure, in Clock town the NPCs' lives make sense, and their personalities are better developed, but Windfall island was bustling with NPCs way better than the norm, too.

Considering WW wasn't running on the 3-day system, Windfall is incredible.

I'm pretty sure that Clock Town has a lot more to offer in the way of side quests, seeing as a large number of the masks you collect in MM are related to people or things in the town. But yeah, it's still a pretty cool island I suppose.

The Bombers are so much cooler in MM than those douchebag wannabes on Windfall (can't remember the name of their gang - the Killer Bees or something?)

I'm pretty sure that Clock Town has a lot more to offer in the way of side quests, seeing as a large number of the masks you collect in MM are related to people or things in the town. But yeah, it's still a pretty cool island I suppose.

The Bombers are so much cooler in MM than those douchebag wannabes on Windfall (can't remember the name of their gang - the Killer Bees or something?)

Clock town has bigger, more meaningful sidequests, while Windfall has them by the dozens (although really small or short)

As for the kids, the bombers' notebook wins by default. They're still pretty oblivious for not noticing the moon, though :heh: I mean, what's their excuse?

Voted for TP Market Town because of all the residents but it was a really tough one. However, I'd have gone with Other and the magical Kokiri Forrest if it were an option. My first Zelda village, and many others I'm sure, has such a magical feel about it compared to the others, and home to the lost woods. Such an amazing atmosphere.

Kakariko Village Ocarina of Time for me! :grin:

Even if it is just for the first appearence of Guru-Guru! :D

Guru-Guru.png

The Song of Storms is awesome and stays firmly lodged in my brain to this day!

QFT...was never a doubt in my mind that this was the villiage for me...although there was one in Links Awakening that I liked...it wasn't the starting one it was another one but I forget the name of it.

QFT...was never a doubt in my mind that this was the villiage for me...although there was one in Links Awakening that I liked...it wasn't the starting one it was another one but I forget the name of it.

Other than the initial one, there's the animal village and that's it. Is that the one you refer to?

I feel like voting for LttP Kakariko, but I think I'm biased to the music and the thrill of it being my first Zelda game with me having no idea what was going on in the game. Seriously, the best impulse buy of my life(cos the box was gold and had pretty pictures on the back, with the addition my dad just offered to buy me a game if I wanted and I was like 7). I think the music of cities has always done alot for me, too. I don't think I can pick a favourite though! Argh! Goron City, Kakariko(OoT and LttP), Clock Town, Market Town, Zora's Domain! The Lost Woods! Korkiri Woods! Whatever it is, it seems somewhere from OoT is winning for me :D

Love em all but Kakariko OoT wins for me. The one place I think I could actually live and be happy. XD

The graveyard out the back of the village somehow augmented the fact that real people had lived in that village and the windmill overlooking the village was cool and gave it some kind of industrial vibe. The well was also wicked fun and was HUGE inside, then there was the Death Mountain trail. The traditional Kakariko music coupled with this little village being towered over by Death Mountain made it seem even more epic. Loved it!

I did like Clocktown (especially where the little river bit was with the frogs) but then again Windfall was also magical. Loved the bar and a certain character ... SPLIIIISH!

Too tight but I'll never forget OoT.