N-Europe

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Blue_Ninja0

So, with my team all at level 60, figured I was the hottest shit on the proverbial block, lets take on the Elite Four in the rematches.

They had some decent training time as well as me, sporting Pokemon around my level and just above, its all going awesome, beat Karen and I'm feeling pretty confident.

I square up to that closet homosexual Lance and he plays me the same message as if he was a broken record player, this shit was in the bag. Out comes a level 72 Salamence. Bitch slaps my whole team, his first Pokemon sent out is 8 levels higher than Karen's highest.

I feel like I'm fucking Duncan Bannatyne playing this rematch..

article-1087632-025806CB000005DC-17_233x423.jpg

"This is ridiculous, I'm out"

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently hanging around outside Morty's Gym (ghost) and literally feeling defeated!

There isnt a single pokemon that I want at this stage in the game or can get that isnt gonna feel like a waste of time. Since I am going to replace them anyways!

156.png092.png028.png

All around lvl 23

(I've got a 20061012213450%21017.png079.png in the PC all about the same level but I just dont like them)

also a just caught 147.png and 239.png and 123.png but they are around lvl 11.

Shall I just go for it with my highest? or shall I level up some of the lowbies?

Oh and the fact that the DS is so stupid at wifi compatibility! It doesnt like my wireless and I cant trade with anyone or from my platinum OR evolve slowbro / scyther / elekid / gengar!

joy...

Edited by AeroScap

Would any Soul Silver players be able to trade over a Vulpix to me? You can have a Growlithe or something in return, name your 'mon.

I'd love to...but I don't have a Vulpix yet. Only at Azaela town :(

But in other news, finally set up the walker and it does indeed work if I keep it in a pocket in my bag. You know, in case for some reason I would ever have to empty out my pockets :heh: How long does the battery last?

Edited by Ashley

I'd love to...but I don't have a Vulpix yet. Only at Azaela town :(

But in other news, finally set up the walker and it does indeed work if I keep it in a pocket in my bag. You know, in case for some reason I would ever have to empty out my pockets :heh: How long does the battery last?

About 4 months with near constant use

Got this at release and loooovin' it. All that nostalgia is hitting me in the face. In a good way! Been taking my sweet time though, apparently taken me about 70 hours to get 8 badges. I blame that Entei and Raikou, combined with my obsession at getting them in normal Poké Balls.
*High five!* :D

I thought I was the only one on here with that obsession, nice to know there are more cool Pokémon trainers on N-E. :heh:

Anyway, I'm now exploring Kanto. Loving what they've done with some of the music:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Sweeeeeeeet.

:yay:

Going back to about half way through the game, does everyone remember storming Team Rocket's HQ in Mahogany Town? When you defeat Team Rocket and Lance tells you to defeat the Electrodes to bring down the radio antennae, I felt kind of bad when Lance said "it's not the Electrodes' fault". I ended up catching all three of them, I felt like I was liberating them from Team Rocket's clutches!

... I'm pretty sure I'm alone here.

I have a level 27 Vulpix that I could give you. It's from Pearl though not Soul Silver. :) IN fact I think I caught it in Hoenn.

That'll do nicely, thank you! I was thinking of breeding it and starting from an egg anyway.

I really need to build my team up now, I've gotten to this point with only four main Pokémon, two of which I'm considering dropping. Would Gligar be a good replacement for Murkrow?

*High five!* :D

I thought I was the only one on here with that obsession, nice to know there are more cool Pokémon trainers on N-E. :heh:

I've been doing that too! Just captured Ho-Oh in a normal ball, was an absolute bitch. I kept resetting until Electabuzz's attacks caused paralysis, it was the only status change that stayed there and didn't wear off without giving me a decent chance at capturing it (sleep) or kill the bugger (poison). I had to revive most of my team several times to give myself the chance to wear it down to a sliver, and then bombard it with Pokéballs. Got there in the end, it feels like one hell of an achievement when you finally do it. :D

Guest Captain Falcon

Made some good headway on this yesterday and am about to fight Jasmine but I don't know how you guys manage to put so many hours in.

Do you guys battle other trainers and spend time making good teams or are you all about completing the Pokédex?

After some hours of intensive training, I'm now ready to challenge the Elite Four!

...I think I'll wait til I'm going to the real-life Pokémon League tomorrow, though.

*checks the time*

Hm. I've been playing for about 79 hours.

Pokémon:

- Teeth, Croconaw

Level 70

- Consert, Honchkrow

Level 70

- Piano, Ampharos

Level 70

- Mesos, Meowth

Level 1

- Plesiance, Lapras

Level 20

157.png

Lvl 72

121.png

Lvl 72

181.png

Lvl 72

212.png

Lvl 72

196.png

Lvl 72

149.png

Lvl 72

Here you have the Team that toppled Red. 10 levels earlier and I was struggling, some grinding on Mt. Silver and a few new moves and bam, he was beaten. His Snorlax however is a right beast. He took out my Typhlosion like he was nothing, A full power eruption and Flamethrower and he wasn't even cut to half his health. Dragonite comes out, the fucker critical hit a Blizzard and OHKO. Now i thought, screw it and sent out my Weak Scizor, full restored it and spent time Maximizing attack with Swords Dance while his Snorlax slowly wore him down and got worn down itself with the hailstorm. Before it got to a point I was sure Red would be cheap and use a full restore, I X-scissored and Finished it off resulting in my triumph.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Pokewalker: Does the game store the watts in anyway? Or when you transfer the pokemon back does it just lose them? Is there any benefit to keeping a pokemon on the pokewalker for a long long time to build it up or something?

If you transfer a Pokemon back to the game, the remaining watts will be used to unlock more courses.

Some Pokemon requires certain amount of steps and you may need more tries to catch them, and therefore more watts. Flying/Surfing Pikachu requires 10 000 steps and has 3% chance of encounter for example.

Going back to about half way through the game, does everyone remember storming Team Rocket's HQ in Mahogany Town? When you defeat Team Rocket and Lance tells you to defeat the Electrodes to bring down the radio antennae, I felt kind of bad when Lance said "it's not the Electrodes' fault". I ended up catching all three of them, I felt like I was liberating them from Team Rocket's clutches!

... I'm pretty sure I'm alone here.

I caught one. I was thinking about catching all 3, but I was trying to go through the game with catching as few pokemon as possible early on.

My bloody Pokewalker is broken! :(

I put it in my pocket to leave and get the train yesterday, then played with it on the train and it was fine, got an item or two etc. I slipped it back in to my pocket, met my friend, and got it out of my pocket to show it to him and the display simply won't work. It still makes sounds and I can still connect it to the DS etc but there's nothing on the display at all, which is a real shit. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix it?! I'm pretty gutted - the first DS game I buy in a long time and the peripheral has broken after hardly any use! :(

So apparently I took 24,000 steps yesterday. And that's not including in/around home and the office. Was really confused though as I put an Ekans in during the morning and before leaving work I went to switch it and then some Sentret got in there. Didn't know what to do with it :p Just transfered it to my DS though. Off for another walk!

I keep faltering at the Elite Four. It is most displeasing. Karen's Houndoom is too much for me.

My bloody Pokewalker is broken! :(

You need to do the EEVIL-Flip-Reverse strategy. Buy a new copy then take it back the next day, switching the merchandise. Either saying the Walker is faulty or something like you bought it for your lil bro and they got it already. Maybe the former just in case they check.

this voltorb flip is bull shit

i only want the ice beam tm. 10,000 coins? are they high?

I've been considering attaching TM's to some of my 'mon from D/P/Pl and trading them over since I'm too impatient to find them in Gold. Plus the fact that my Sandslash needs to learn some ground moves NOW.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Guest Captain Falcon

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, or people care, but I just noticed something.

If like me, you struggle to remember what nature does what to you Pokémon's stats, there is an easy way to find out instead of having to look it up.

On the second page of summary screen which shows the stats and moves, if you look carefully at the words for each stat (e.g. Attack, Sp. Atk etc), you'll see that one may have a slightly red tint to the writing and another a blue tint.

Red means that stat has been boosted and blue means it was reduced. If there is no tint, it's a neutral nature which has no impact.

Not sure if it was like that in the previous games but I just came across whilst checking for IVs on some on my creatures.