N-Europe

Won't someone love the baby?

Jav_NE

Nah, won't be free either. Over here you pay for it at the pharmacy (you need a prescription from the doctor first by the way), and then health care pays part of it back afterwards, just not all of it.

well that sucks O_o

SOLUTION:

move to the UK!! that way you can visit flink more often! not only will it be free - but you'll also have more use of it! CASHBACK!! :grin:

...also we could hang out! woooo~

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well that sucks O_o

SOLUTION:

move to the UK!! that way you can visit flink more often! not only will it be free - but you'll also have more use of it! CASHBACK!! :grin:

Hahah, oh dear. =P

Well so far it's not costing me any money yet either, as my parents pay for it (as they still get child support for me I think, haha). So it's not too bad. =P

But yes, good solution, I think. X3

well that sucks O_o

SOLUTION:

I remember one time where I spoke to Ine and I said to her "Woooo, free condoms!"

The doctor I received them off had a whole basket full of them. Greedy bugger. I've taken loads and they're all waiting to be used.

You've got Booost Powwwer!

OK!

since i kinda massively de-railed this thread;

fail-owned-double-fail.jpg?w=498&h=375

i found this news article on failblog.org and thought it fairly relevant.

and freakin funny!! ....

WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?!?!

fail-owned-surrender-fail.jpg?w=392&h=500for the pro-lifers...? :heh:

I JOKE!! it'd be cruel to put a baby in a bin that small.

Edited by bluey

Re: The pill - why do people think it so important for the guy to wear a condom when the girl is on the pill? Sure, it decreases the liklihood of pregnancy, but (correctly) using just the pill is significantly safer than using just condoms, which is what's usually recommended. Of course if it's not a closed relationship then things are different, as the pill does nothing about STIs.

Re: The original question - Hmm, to be honest I can almost imagine accepting the child as my own, although I suppose there could be difficulties. Either way, the cheating itself would be far more of a problem for me, but that too I might get over (in the extremely unlikely case of a certain someone reading this, do not take that as cheating being acceptable :heh:). Anyway, I'd let the girl decide for herself, unless she needed any help in her decision. There does indeed seem to be an unresolveable imbalance of interests in a minority of cases.

Disclaimer: Apologies for any spelling or semantic errors and/or odd views; I'm somewhat pissed.

Edited by Supergrunch

Re: The pill - why do people think it so important for the guy to wear a condom when the girl is on the pill? Sure, it decreases the liklihood of pregnancy, but (correctly) using just the pill is significantly safer than using just condoms, which is what's usually recommended. Of course if it's not a closed relationship then things are different, as the pill does nothing about STIs.

Be that as it may, even when my girlfriend at the time was on the pill, I was still adamant about wearing the glove of love.

STIs and/or forgetfulness..

least we forget..

dad_at_13_1.jpg

*horror movie music!!*

"forgot to take her pill"

also, even in closed relationships ~ no matter how much of a choir girl/boy your partner may be, who knows where any of their previous sexual partners have adventured to..? ^__^ you cant really be sure 'till you've both been for a full check up ... and how many people actually do that?

(saying that, i have! woo...fun....)

Here's a thought. If the guy decided to stay with the woman and raise the baby, then buggered off at a later date, would he have to pay child support? On the one hand the baby isn't his, but on the other hand he has been fathering the child for a number of years. And if he would have to pay child support, wouldn't the woman then be recieving 2 lots of money, one from the biological father and one from the new dad?

Edit: And another scenario: If a guy had been paying child support for a number of years and then discovered the baby wasn't his, could he claim back all the child support he had been paying from the real father or another source?

Here's a thought. If the guy decided to stay with the woman and raise the baby, then buggered off at a later date, would he have to pay child support? On the one hand the baby isn't his, but on the other hand he has been fathering the child for a number of years. And if he would have to pay child support, wouldn't the woman then be recieving 2 lots of money, one from the biological father and one from the new dad?

Edit: And another scenario: If a guy had been paying child support for a number of years and then discovered the baby wasn't his, could he claim back all the child support he had been paying from the real father or another source?

if the guy knew the kid wasn't his from the get-go but still decided to stay - he's making an informed decision.. he wouldnt be forced to pay support. if the woman has her head screwed on right she should be receiving support form the bio-dad ~ then the original guy wouldnt really NEED to pay anything until the kid asks for a giant lego set.

and the second scenario... i remember a case just like that a while back. the guy was trying to claim from either the mother or the bio-dad (or both, i think they'd gotten together - harsh!!) but the judge told him "bad luck" ~ it'd be WAY too complicated to work out exactly how much they owed him, and he did have all those years of love and time with his daughter to show for it.

i guess in that situation all you can do is sulk and maybe key your ex's car...

then you'd end up on judge judy... :grin: ...win!

Different question:

What if you really really wanted kids someday, but your girlfriend really really really doesn't want them, ever. Would you stay with her, knowing you'll never have offspring, or would you dump her and find another girl willing to breed? =P

Different question:

What if you really really wanted kids someday, but your girlfriend really really really doesn't want them, ever. Would you stay with her, knowing you'll never have offspring, or would you dump her and find another girl willing to breed? =P

I'm of the opinion that if you as a couple don't want to end up in the same metaphorical place then you're not suited for each other in the long term.

I'm not saying dump your other half if they don't want the same people carrier that you do in 5 years time but you get the idea. If it's something major like who you want to be, what kind of job that you want or if you should have children and your opinions differ then one of you is going to have to compromise or you will split up.

I personally don't think that that level of compromise is healthy in a long term relationship. (And by long term I mean one that's measured in years not months)

Different question:

Some girls might hate me for this, but i believe, even if a woman is adament they dont want children, that one day they will. Its out of their control, its like a force of nature takes over them when they reach a certain age. The biological clock does exist, and i've known many a woman come around to the idea of children when they get older. Its crazy, the female body is other worldly, like when girls syncronise their periods if they hang around alot. That shit aint normal and cant be explained surely, and this is one of those things.

So i'd stay with that girlfriend and hope she starts ticking!

i wasnt talking about the guy having a responsability for the kid - just that he nad absolutely no right to TELL the woman to abort or not.

when you talk about choice you are discussing responsibility.

The person making choices is the one who takes responsibility. If the guy has no say in the choice making process, then he has no responsibility at that point.

therefore it cuts him out totally.

therefore you can see any baby born as being the sole decision of the mother, who chose not to abort. Thus laying 100% responsibility on her.

In this instance though, yes the guy has 0% right unless he asks for her to keep the baby, in which instance he would be signing up to be step dad for at least the next 2 decades...

One other thing here

the bio father could complicate matters, if he knows he is the father or finds out down the line

Some girls might hate me for this, but i believe, even if a woman is adament they dont want children, that one day they will. Its out of their control, its like a force of nature takes over them when they reach a certain age. The biological clock does exist, and i've known many a woman come around to the idea of children when they get older. Its crazy, the female body is other worldly, like when girls syncronise their periods if they hang around alot. That shit aint normal and cant be explained surely, and this is one of those things.

So i'd stay with that girlfriend and hope she starts ticking!

Big generalisation there though, as I know quite a few women who stayed childless on purpose, and they're perfectly happy with it. Not every woman out there wants children.

And about the synchronising of periods, it also happens with certain apes, so it's not that weird. It's all about hormones, and it's not like the synchronizing happens on day one, it takes a while to become like that (and won't happen if they're on the pill or something, of course). =P