Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The "Let me get to know you!" thread!

Pookiablo

My context is not straight footie hooligan as such, it is more faux-mock-footie-hooligan.

To hear how I actually say it in real life, and how I mean for it to sound when you read my posts, then watch the latest video on http://www.YouTube.com/ReZourcemanTwo - The cable car sky ride video. I say it towards the end.

LEEEEDDGEEEEE.

It means precisely "You are such a fucking legend of a person"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hells no. I spelled a word wrong!! Quick point it out and be superior!

Dante, do you try to trip me up at every possible turn these days? I know, I know you hate me because I "bullied" you in IRC. Its called comedy, you need to understand sometimes you have to laugh things off. But try lay off for once especially in a thread where people are just trying to explain how they ended up where they are.

Eh I wasnt. I was looking around to see what scalp cerriosis means but I couldnt find out the meaning for it, so I had a guess that you mean psoriasis.

Guest Jordan
Eh I wasnt. I was looking around to see what scalp cerriosis means but I couldnt find out what it means, so I had guess that you mean psoriasis.

I'm sorry. I snapped and I shouldn't have.

< idiot.

Oh hells no. I spelled a word wrong!! Quick point it out and be superior!

Dante, do you try to trip me up at every possible turn these days? I know, I know you hate me because I "bullied" you in IRC. Its called comedy, you need to understand sometimes you have to laugh things off. But try lay off for once especially in a thread where people are just trying to explain how they ended up where they are.

How could you Jord? IRC bullying?

We're finished.

Well, essential information first:

My ame is David Scott Iun Rohhann Robert Jastallis Teleka Hockley. I'm 26 years old and the Director of English Studies at a school in Shanghai. This year I will marry my lovely Chinese girlfriend, Jasmine.

The Bad

Mother was adopted by my grandparents, her real mother was a Native American Catholic convert with 7 other children. Mum had a lot of abandonment issues.

She had me when she was 15, my real father was kept away -I was told he wanted nothing to do with me. The man I consider my father, although not biologically, met my mother around age 18 and they got married at 21. They both loved me and took good care of me for 10 years. I had a sister who was stillborn. Mum always told me no-one else would ever love me than her. Trust issues for me.

Age 12 my mother has another baby and suffers from severe Post Natal Depression. Never bonds with my brother, becomes an alcoholic and has an affair with a younger man. Parents begin divorce proceedings.

For six months I live in a house with my father, who is sharing my bedroom with me, my alcoholic aggressive mother living in the main bedroom, my grandparents (mothers parents) living downstairs and my 1 year old brother in his small room. My grandparents camped out in the house ostensibly to "take care" of my mother, but in reality they were doing everything they could to destroy my father and take the house away. I had previously elected to stay with my father, even though he is not my "real" father. That angered them, so for 6 months my grandparents tried to destroy me too.

Cue lots of time off school, dramatic weight gain, fear of going home. All culminated in my father being savagely attacked by my mother one night and us going to live with my other grandparents for two months.

Mum eventually caved in, gave us the house and moved into my grandparents house for her own good. They bought her a house. Dad eventually finds another lady with a daughter from her previous relationship, and we move in together.

I got called into my parents (father and stepmother) bedroom one night just at the begnning of my GCSE's to be told that my mother had been found dead in her home by my grandfather that morning. The cause of death to this day has never been found. It'll be ten years in May :cry:

Lost my virginity age 14 to a girl who died 6 months later having a routine operation to have a cyst removed. Fear of hospitals and distrust of doctors.

Age 16, minor brain tumour appears and is removed.

Age 17, diagnosed with benign testicular cancer. Opt for a surgical route and experimental medication. Run a half marathon for Imperial Cancer Research (as it was then) with 5 other testicular cancer patients, 4 of whom were terminal. Raised 60,000 GBP for cancer research, only to be told that the money would be poured into funding research into breast cancer. Two weeks later, the terminal patients all died. Begins my long-standing hatred of Imperial Cancer Research and my strong anti-feminist bias.

Diagnosed OCD and Manic Depressive aged 18. String of failed relationships ensues, one that permanently damages my relationship with my father due to his opposition of having a girlfriend during my A-Level year.

Hated University from the start due to insomnia caused by assholes coming back every night at 2.30am and playing music til 4 or 5. Plus no time to bond with others thanks to relationship with G/F in Nottingham Uni, quite the distance.

Two spetacular fights during this time: One I got stabbed in the arm in my home town. I literally broke the guys' eye socket with my fist. It wasn't even my fight and he stabbed me. He's now blind in that eye.

Second scrap came as I finally had enough of the asshole at the end of the corridor playing music during exam week. Saw him in the communal bathroom and rammed his head against the sink, fracturing his jaw.

The Good

Always had a very high IQ, somewhere in the low 160's at last check. But find it difficult to focus. Graduated Reading University with two degrees, one in French and one in English. Ended up as a professional photographer for a while as my area is fairly short on jobs.

Eventually head hunted by an SME to be the Trading Manager, extremely successful stint working with a government organisation. Didn't lie the job but enjoyed the travel opportunities, I was good at the job but I hated lying to people. Met a Chinese girl on a business trip to France. Decided to jack it all in and move to China and work as a teacher, captivated by the intelligence and elegance of the lady. Within 3 months I was sure I had made the right move for the wrong reasons. Girl was terrible but the place was great. Quickly established a reputation as one of the best teachers in the city.

Anyway, got rid of her, met up with my lady and... yay!

In my spare time I box and have an amateur record of 14 wins, 0 draws and 0 losses. If I carried the card to China it would be 18 wins now :) I'm a southpaw, even though I am a natural right-hander. My left hook is frequently described as "thundering" though I have never been able to uppercut.

I have written for N-Europe for about 5, maybe 6 years. I enjoy Fire Flower as it never fails to get a reaction.

I'm quite a successful voice actor and I was recently in the new Star Ocean game. I do corporate DVD's, books on CD, investor proposals, TV voiceovers and radio advertising.

Used to be a big Pokemaniac, but I find it's gotten a bit too in-depth and fanboyish now. On my first run through in the game, I beat Brock with only a level 2 Metapod. My favourite game is Morrowind, I still regret that I did not bring my GOTY edition and Xbox with me to China.

Oh yes, I am also the lead singer of a very popular band in Shanghai, we have frequent gigs in the fashionable areas of the city.

Anything else... my health is generally poor, I've been partially sighted since age 3.

And of course, I once gave my ex 8 orgasms in a row, she was unconscious for 30 minutes afterwards ;)

Ok I was born on August 29th 1983, My full name is George Andrew Atkinson.

I was born and raised in Lisburn N. Ireland, it’s a market town that has somehow become a city in recent years don’t ask me how as there is nothing there.

As a young un, I was very shy (still am to this day) and didn’t really have much friends due to my stutter, which can be pretty bad at times. I went to school everyday knowing that I was going to get bullied in some shape or form cos of my voice, whether I’d be laughed at, called names, hit of pushed to the ground and got the shit kicked out of me. You name it I got it done to me.

Back then I would blame myself and just put up with these beatings as I thought I was not a nice person and prob deserved them, but how wrong I was (I think so anyway lol).

I don’t have many friends and find it hard to make new ones as most people find it hard to talk to me, think they just don’t have the patience for me to spit out my words.

As most of the peeps on here know (and prob don’t respect me now an much as they used to) I’m what some people would call a cross dresser, I personally don’t really like to be given a label but if I must so be it.

I have always liked wearing ladies clothes as long as I remember, I first tried on a pair of my mums shoes when I was around 9 and I have not looked back since. I don’t want to be a girl and I actually hate being called a cross dresser as it makes people classify and think of me as one of those what I’d call creepy cross dressers like an old member of this board is.

I don’t get anything sexual out of it I just love the clothes and all that, plus flats hurt my feet, in heels my feet don’t hurt at all.

In 2006 I met my fiancée after she contacted me on myspace saying how cool I must be to have the ghostbuster logo on my page, so yea I have good old Bill Murry to thank for getting us together lol.

We have a baby girl on the way and she should be here in a couple of months which we are both looking forward to but very worried at the same time. But we both know we will be awesome parents :).

My life story summarised

For the first 13 years of my life I lived well with my family but made horrible decisions regarding friends, I always seemed to be friends with utter dicks who treated me horribly and I ignored the only people who genuinely wanted to be friends so yay for that.

After that I moved to a new neighbourhood met new friends and met a a lot of great people in my new grade school finished that and since then my life has been pretty much standstill for the past 3-4 years.

Right now I got really nothing going except school which I am dying to finish so I can get to more studying to excuse myself for not really deciding what to do with my life yet :Þ

Names Ögmundur (turning 20 this year), named after me granddad which is where I also derived my nickname from seeing as he is also called Mundi by my family.

(Long text)

Just wow, mad props for being able to pull yourself trough with all that and getting this successful.

Having woken up in a very fucked off mood due to terrible back pain, I forget to add the most important things off my life. All the sodding injuries i've had.

2 x Right Broken Leg

Ruptured Cruciate ligament in right knee

Torn Anterior ligament in left knee

1 x Left Broken Ankle

1 x Left Broken Arm

3 x Broken Wrists

God knows how many broken fingers

Herniated disc in back.

I was an active child :heh:

I'm Letty Bishop, and I am 17 years old.

Originally born here in Shetland, my mother being from England, my father being half German, half Glasweigan.

I'm the first born of 3 kids, my brother's have a different dad who I'll talk about later!

My dad kind of left before I was born, so I just used to live with my mum in the middle of nowhere - it was awesome.

Memories from ages 0-3

-Being sat in a highchair on top of a table(reeeally high up for me!!) whilst my mum washed the kitchen floor.

-trying to sweep the top shelf of a cupboard and knocking a tub of green paint down which stained the floor.

-Having a weird shell in the bathroom which I always thought a creature lived in.

-Lying in my bed one night and seeing a FACE in the curtains 0_0.

-Getting stuck in a tiny bush thing in our garden because it was too high (like less than 1m off the ground)

Then my mum met and got married to my ex-step dad, and we moved to a bigger house and they had 2 boys together. I spent the majority of my life there. When I was about 10, they split up and got divorced (which was fine because I never really liked my stepdad all that much anyway) but my mum was so depressed all the time so I stayed at my best friend's (who is also the love of my life, we have known each other since we were 6 months old, and shared baths when we were little and she is beautiful and great) alot.

Also I started getting back in contact with my real dad, kind of, and sometimes I went to visit him in Glasgow.

Memories from aged 4-10

-Being a witch for halloween, it was a bin bag with a hole in the top :D

-Getting a batman costume for christmas after asking for one for 2 years in a row.

-being at my little brother's birthday and him blowing out the candles on his cake. Then I looked at the cake afterwards and it was covered in spit from him blowing them out >:(

My mother has been single ever since and hates all men now.

So anyway, then stuff kinda moved along, and when I was 12 my real dad died from taking heroin. I went to the funeral, and it was the first funeral I'd ever been to! I don't really remember much else from then.

Then I started getting invloved in the internet at about 13, and my first internet friend was from this very site! I also frequented neopets, like all other 13 year old girls.

Moved to highschool, shit was cash. I dyed my hair for the first time!

Memories from highschool

-My diabetic friend getting a bollocking from a teacher for eating in class.

-My lovely friend Vaila shouting out 'SCROTUM' because she thought it was the answer, but really it was 'sternum'.

-joining 'marine biology club' - I was the height of cool.

-coming back from easter holidays and everything in the science room fishtank was dead and the place stank of dead stuff.

-first exams ever!!

Around this time, I started speaking to Jordan on msn, and my mother hated him! She didn't htink I was doing any revision for my exams because all I did was spend time on the internet with him.

He came up to visit, and I went down to his. I lost my virginity to him at 14. We kind of internet dated for a year, then as he's already mentioned, he moved up.

I started at a new high school, because my old one was too small and shitty to do Highers (A levels? :s ).

I had a really bad haircut all through that year.

My friend Vaila was diagnosed with cancer, and she eventually got the all clear! However, whilst she was in a weakened state, she caught pneumonia and died shortly after. Me and my friends were all devastated.

Memories with vaila

- her basically tidying my room for me because I was so bad at it :D

-us starting a club called 'The Groovy Fab Club' - which had passwords and a secret folder. We were young then!

-her having this fantastic dress which was made entirely from gold sequins.

-having a party at my friend's and (she was bald by this stage from chemo) her taking her wig off for the whole night and wearing a hawaiin shirt because she was so drunk. We have tons of hilarious photos!

-sitting next to her in Geography and asking her everything because she was so clever.

-Her mum always cooking so much food when I went there for tea!

-her sister's tropical fish.

I moved house 2 more times here.

Then I left school at 16 after doing my Highers.

Worked full time in The Peerieshop Cafe - but still never seemed to have any money! I worked there for about 18 months overall, and in the latter half, I started full time at the Shetland college doing an NC Art and Design course. Still doing it actually.

I'm sure you've all heard that I recently broke up with Jordan. Thats all thats really been happening now.

Tl;dr - :zzz:

Iun truely is an inspiration and now seems like he's a lot happier, which goes to show that things can turn around :) (how are the wedding plans going anyway dude?)

And I love how Letty was raised in a Ghibli film.

Just remembered a while ago during a pointless lecture we decide to come up with 'if you went on Jeremy Kyle what would you episode title be?' game. I believe mine at the time was "my sex offender brother's fiancee is trying to rip the family apart while carrying another man's child but is pretend it's my brothers" which sums up most of it. I do laugh how Eastenders my family can be at times.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!