N-Europe

3DS eShop Thread

darksnowman

I didn't ask if it was moral, just possible, always good to have a back up anyways.

Are Virtual Console games available for DSi owners too, or just 3DS, seems stupid if it's just 3DS, sure there's a market out there for DSi, plenty haven't upgraded yet.

He didn't say it was moral, he said 'Certainly not' because it would be easy piracy if that were the case. Games are encrypted individually by each console.

Just finished super mario land, can't believe how short it is! Thought the game was surprisingly hard for world 3... Can't believe the game has 12 very short levels and that's it... Fun though.

Yeah, as a kid though I thought it was really long. Probably because you couldn't save your game so you had to finish it through one sitting. I like the game on the 3DS as you can save it at any point. Its a good game to have if you just want to play on something for only 10 or so mins.

Don't forget that once the game has finished there's hard mode to complete!

Mario Land was epic back in the day. I remember the first time I finished it I was shaking flying through that final level. The pressure was on! Don't get that feeling these days as I'm calm as a cucumber :cool: ...or maybe games just don't evoke that any more. ::shrug:

I'm not liking this concept of having a "minimum top up" on your eShop account. I thought doing away with the points system would allow you to just pony up the cash for each download. This is bound to get messy with 1p always being left over from each purchase, ya know? So close to doing the right thing Nintendo, so close. :heh:

PS seeing SCGs sig and av reminds me, I want them to put Metroid 2 up so / nando / can buy it and I can try it. It might be good, you never know. :wink:

Yeah, as a kid though I thought it was really long. Probably because you couldn't save your game so you had to finish it through one sitting. I like the game on the 3DS as you can save it at any point. Its a good game to have if you just want to play on something for only 10 or so mins.

Don't forget that once the game has finished there's hard mode to complete!

Is there? If I start another game will it ask me?

Is there? If I start another game will it ask me?

Yeah once you finish the game you just press any button on the title screen. The cursor will change from a mushroom to mario's face. Then press start.

Obviously if you finish the game and then just switch it off then it won't work. Just game save it and play it when you want

This weeks eshop games have been announced. DOuble Dragon and Radar Mission; both 2.70... tempted by double dragon. PLayed that game to DEATH in the arcades on this version on the gameboy!

There's also a couple of dsi games, a singing game and a puzzle bobble rip off game (only 200 points though so may be worth a punt)

The US are getting a Sonic shelf with loads of celebratory Sonic goodies. Hope we get something. Tempted to call NoE but after last time I'm not keen...

True, but SEGA will probably be pushing NoE for it to go up tomorrow.

This weeks eshop games have been announced. DOuble Dragon and Radar Mission; both 2.70... tempted by double dragon. PLayed that game to DEATH in the arcades on this version on the gameboy!

Double Dragon II on the Gameboy was a cracking game. The music was immense!

I don't think anything makes me go more misty-eyed than Double Dragon. There I was, a young lad, trying to find it in every sports centre, arcade and holiday camp I went in. I played it, adrenaline pumping through my body, with the smell of hot dogs and onions in the background. Ah, those were the days...

Personally, I've not played the Game Boy version, but I would like the GBA edition (which I believe was extended) and the actual coin-op on the Wii U's Virtual Console.

The last time I played Double Dragon was on the Xbox 360 as part of XBLA and it was pants. The game had not aged well at all, especially when looking at other games in the same genre like Final Fight and Streets of Rage.

In other news it seems Japan is getting Game and Watch Gallery on their VC soon. I loved these remakes on the GB so i'm hoping we get them aswell.

Double Dragon has very different gameplay to Final Fight, though. Final Fight started the trend that you would fight your way through hordes and hordes of enemies, and this was carried on by Streets of Rage etc. Double Dragon is about fewer, but more difficult enemies. Personally, I think Double Dragon has aged a lot better than Streets of Rage, which never seemed very smooth-scrolling to me even at the time. It also felt a bit puny. Now, Streets of Rage 2 is another matter...

Golden Axe uses a similar philosophy to Double Dragon, and that has also aged pretty well (the coin-op, at least).