N-Europe

3DS eShop Thread

darksnowman

The first four levels are taken from the arcade game (something even the NES version couldn't manage with it's pitiful 3 levels) and then then goes on for almost 100 more brand new levels of platforming, puzzling joy.

It may be one of the pricier games at £3.60 but on this occasion, there is enough quality and quantity to justify it and you won't be able to say that for too many of the GB VC releases.

SOLD! To the man easily convinced in the corner!

This time I have decided that I will only buy another Virtual Console game when I have fully completed the one I so far have, don't want it to become a total mess like my Wii libary :(

You actually play them? I just like looking at them on the menu screen!

Does anyone know when the e-shop cards are gonna be available in stores? I really don't want to use my credit card on the store.

Unlike Sony, I don't think Nintendo save credit card details (they shouldn't do anyway), so you should be safe!

Too much monkey business going on with the E Store for my liking.

Tempted to get DK. More monkey business. Weird.

UPDATE!

Just contacted NoE for clarification on the E3 videos coming to the 3DS. (As confirmed here.)

Please find the un-translated conversation below:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by tapedeck

Just realised I had donkey kong, had it for the super gameboy, I'm sure it had enhanced features on it...

Yeah, I think it was the first game to use the Super Gameboy. It used a few colours on the screen which is why a few members on Gaf are kicking off because they just give us the standard black and white version.

You actually play them? I just like looking at them on the menu screen!

The problem is, I play them and then get bored halfway through, tell myself I'll play it next week, and instead I play something completely different forgetting the game I just downloaded >_<

I've got a number of VC games on my Wii that are just there for show :heh:

Most of mine are pretty much "I need to own that game" because either "It was awesome" or "It's a classic I've never played".

I'm really bad at actually playing them. SMW, aLttP, Super Metroid and DKC are still largely unplayed. And those are the ones I've never played.

Yeah, I think it was the first game to use the Super Gameboy. It used a few colours on the screen which is why a few members on Gaf are kicking off because they just give us the standard black and white version.

Would have been nice to give us the colour version though, in fact why don't they give us all original gameboy games as they'd display on GBC or GBA, that usually looks better.

I want DK, but pissed off we can't just pay for games as we buy them, a minimum spend of £10 is too much to buy credit.

That sucks. :( Any chance Nintendo will add the Super GameBoy emulation to the 3DS VC in future? DK had that amazing screen border too. Curiously, I never owned it but I borrowed it from several people and played the entire game to completion quite a few times. What happened to those days?

I always thought Pauline's "Help! Help!" sounded like a cat meowing. :grin:

I've got a number of VC games on my Wii that are just there for show :heh:

What does this even mean?!

Would have been nice to give us the colour version though, in fact why don't they give us all original gameboy games as they'd display on GBC or GBA, that usually looks better.

I want DK, but pissed off we can't just pay for games as we buy them, a minimum spend of £10 is too much to buy credit.

I got Donkey Kong as it is a real classic. The £10 minimum top up is very cheeky. Should be able to just pay for what we want!

Had a bit of a windfall today, so will be downloading DK later, any news on what's coming to the eshop this Thursday, or in future in general, seeing as I'll have money left after DK because of the stupid minimum top up.

Apparently the press release for the VC doesn't arrive until the morning of the actually release day of the games themselves.