N-Europe

3DS eShop Thread

darksnowman

Haha, I wish. I won't lie, at launch I looked for that option.

The only present downfall is that if you have any funds on your account, if you change region, you won't have those funds anymore till you change back to original region.

So the only thing lost would be the actual funds and not any downloaded apps? That doesn't sound too bad at all! :grin:

I was all confused when I saw Shadow mention the trailer on his Twitter and didn't see it on my eShop.

Thought for a moment he was being sarcastic, like maybe the US got it and Europe didn't.

Why would this be a UK only thing?

Anyway switched my region to UK and downloaded the trailer, looks pretty cool on the 3DS : peace: Can't wait for some Sky 3D content to start coming.

Though as has been said it's a bit of a joke we (or rather ye in the UK) get this movie trailer but still no sign of the E3 trailers Japan and US have :heh:

Oh and also, I noticed when I changed my region settings after having to accept the eShop agreements when opening that it did mention somewhere if I had downloaded software that wasn't available in my original region that it would get deleted if/when I switched my region back.

FYI, I have switched my region back to Ireland and the trailer still remains on my 3DS even after opening the eShop again and accepting the agreements again the trailer still remains : peace:

I couldn't see a thread specifically for this so sorry if there already is one...

Just bought Link's Awakening DX on the virtual console and I'm really enjoying it so far! First time I've played it.

Quick question though - I've accidentally turned off the save/restore session option so now when I go to the virtual console menu I only have the option to reset or resume the game... so now I can't save my progress without dying and saving through the game itself. Anyone know how I can turn the feature back on so I can save my session?

Nope, just brings up the menu where I can select 'resume' or 'reset' :(

Then... you're doing it wrong ;) get the 3DS on a flat surface then press and hold A and B then press and hold Select at the same time with Start as the last button, this way works every time even if it's a tad difficult given the recessed buttons for Select - Home - Start.

Also for anyone interested, I'm currently writing VC Weekly #165 which includes reviews for...

The Legend of Zelda : Link's Awakening DX

Super Adventure Island II

Super Mario Land

Alleyway

Tennis

This would be the first time I've reviewed five games in one edition in... ages, fun times :p though I must say I'm enjoying playing Link's Awakening again. :)

Then... you're doing it wrong ;) get the 3DS on a flat surface then press and hold A and B then press and hold Select at the same time with Start as the last button, this way works every time even if it's a tad difficult given the recessed buttons for Select - Home - Start.

Got it, thanks. That does bring up the in-game menu.

I'd still like to know how to bring back the save/restore session virtual console option though :(

I've played Excitebike a couple of times since downloading it now and I have a question for anyone else here who has played it after owning Excitebike: World Rally on the Wii..

Do any of you instinctively shake the 3DS after you crash to try to get yourself back on the bike as quickly as possible..? ::shrug:

I've done it a few times now and my hinge does not appreciate it.. :nono:

I've played Excitebike a couple of times since downloading it now and I have a question for anyone else here who has played it after owning Excitebike: World Rally on the Wii..

Do any of you instinctively shake the 3DS after you crash to try to get yourself back on the bike as quickly as possible..? ::shrug:

I've done it a few times now and my hinge does not appreciate it.. :nono:

Hehehe! No.

But I do often try to pass other bikers by doing a wheelie behind them. :blank:

Damn you Monster Games! :heh:

Talk of NoE screwing us over and Monster Games on the same page?

Now I'm extremely depressed.

I wasn't being serious about Monster Games, amigo. Was just referring to how you can wheelie to pass people on Excitebike: World Challenge, but you can't on the original and 3D Classics Excitebike. :hehe:

You can continue to be depressed as far as NoE are concerned though.

I've just logged into the E-Shop and I find the whole thing very slick. I was tempted to pick up Zelda but i've got enough games to play at the moment and I don't want to be burnt out with Zelda when OOT arrives. I just downloaded the Excitebike and Pokemon, yeah the free stuff...i'm cheap. :D

There's an easier way, hold A, B and Y and press Start, Y is also the select button for GB games.

Got it, thanks. That does bring up the in-game menu.

I'd still like to know how to bring back the save/restore session virtual console option though :(

Try holding L + R and either X or Y, can't remember which one it is.

Edit: fixed button combo buttons, can never remember the right button, thanks Agent Gibbs.

Edited by Ike

There's an easier way, hold A, B and X and press Start, X is also the select button for GB games.

Try holding L + R and either X or Y, can't remember which one it is.

its Y that functions as select, so holding down A + B + Y plus start bings up zelda's save menu

pushing X brings up the emulator menu where you can use save states

its Y that functions as select, so holding down A + B + Y plus start bings up zelda's save menu

pushing X brings up the emulator menu where you can use save states

Ah, thanks. Fixed original post.

It's the emulator menu that I need fixing. I can access the virtual console menu but I no longer have the option to create or restore save sessions. It came up in the middle of a game and I was just skipping to get back to it and I accidentally removed it somehow =\

It's the emulator menu that I need fixing. I can access the virtual console menu but I no longer have the option to create or restore save sessions. It came up in the middle of a game and I was just skipping to get back to it and I accidentally removed it somehow =\

On the Virtual Console menu, hold R + Start + X.

Excitebike is really a lot better than I expected. Whereas I thought it'd just be like a NES game, it actually feels much more fluid, and the retro sound is great. The 3D effect is also cool, completely changing your perspective. Surely, this is a test for A Link to the Past. This type of light "remake" of NES and SNES games could be the way to put them on the 3DS, rather than a strict "Virtual Console".

Very generous Nintendo, thank you.