N-Europe

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it would be better if we all had the same console but that is impossible. Xbox has more users so you will probably get more game created than the little following that the PS3 has. We have an online thread that became redundant after 2 weeks, despite Mike's great effort. Tried rejuvinating it but to no avail.

lol, yes i remember them days!

I never really noticed host advantage on CoD4!

Its there, I never play unless I have at least 3 green bars, preferably 4. Which can be difficult late at night when half of the US come on.

As mediocre as Killzone 2 is*, at least they have dedicated servers.

*Not flamebaiting, just my opinion.

We need to set-up a N-Europe weekly match! Who'd be up for it?

Give me 2 and a half weeks to finish my intensive modules, and you're fucking on!

Those cocky yanks aren't just gonna loose against Team KN-EE, they've going to get fucking routed... :indeed:

I'm sure they could care less.

I don't think CoD needs any more players than it currently supports — especially as I'm sure Infinity Ward will be taking vehicles out — so P2P hosting isn't an issue in my book. Plus I'll more than likely be getting the PS3 version which usually means the host is European; it's just something I've noticed, whereas if I play Gears of Halo 3 the person running the show is always American.

• 2 weeks later...

They know their strengths are the cinematic aspects. Even the trailer is using music from current summer movie trailers like last time lol. It will sell bucketloads. I can see civilians in the Brazil stage which is interesting.

High res pic:

CoD_MW2_screen.jpg

(The CODs run at 600p for the record).

The trailer looks great. They've obviously captured the cinematic feel there perfectly, but they were always going to do that given that it's a trailer. Going off of CoD4 I'd say they should be able to match that trailer for it's cinematic preferences in game which should make things interesting. I'm not entirely convinced over the snowmobile driving part. Yes, it's another dimension to Infinity Wards ever changing visage of Call of Duty in the modern setting but is it entirely necessary for a game which prides itself on setting up spectacular shoot outs and confrontations.

And for some reason, I've seen a whole load of people moaning that the game looks dated in the trailer (the commenters on Kotaku really are idiotic) but that's clearly unfounded because if anything, it looks like a considerable step up from CoD4 and even World at War graphically. I'm eagerly awaiting more info. While many will focus on the online, I think with this particular title and the fact that Infinity Ward are developing it that the single player will probably be one of the stand out moments of the game and so I'm personally interested to see and hear more on that front because I think we all know that the online will be spot on if the last titles are anything to go by.

And for some reason, I've seen a whole load of people moaning that the game looks dated in the trailer (the commenters on Kotaku really are idiotic) but that's clearly unfounded because if anything, it looks like a considerable step up from CoD4 and even World at War graphically.

Its no technical marvel thats for sure(600p is SD with afew lines). Engine is based on the old Quake 3 engine.

In other news COD4 has hit 13 million xbox live users. Gold and silver obviously.

Edited by Choze

Its no technical marvel thats for sure(600p is SD with afew lines). Engine is based on the old Quake 3 engine.

Eh? CoD4 is 720p in native resolution upscaled to 1080p if the TV can support it by the PS3.

Also, it runs at a rock solid 60fps, which is a technical marvel in itself.

I don't know where you get your information from, I would love to see a link.

Edited by MATtheHAT

I don't know where you get your information from, I would love to see a link.

He's not lying. Although personally I don't think it matters as, much like MGS4, if you weren't told it wasn't native 720p you'd never question it. Who cares what resolution a game runs at so long as it looks consistently good?

You can tell straight off on TV the games look too blurred for HD. Halo 3 is more detailed in comparison but worse off jaggies wise.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=1999

1024x600 with 2xAA. Your Tv cant accept a resolution like that though. Its strictly 720p or 1080p.

MGS4 runs at 1024x 768(well MGO beta according to Google search). Very oddly (non widescreen pc monitor res, 768 lol). But its a very good looking game too. Its not comparable to Halo 3 or COD4 graphically. Its much better looking PQ thanks to more pixels, better AA and technically very impressive.

I would say COD is so so at best technically. The end of the new trailer has 2d explosions everywhere except nothing is getting damaged...

Edited by Choze

He's not lying. Although personally I don't think it matters as, much like MGS4, if you weren't told it wasn't native 720p you'd never question it. Who cares what resolution a game runs at so long as it looks consistently good?

Who would have thunk it?

Still an incredible looking game, kudos to IW, and if MW2 looks just as good I will be happy.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!