N-Europe

Tata Nano

Goafer

Tata Nano

Sort of review

Anyone else seen these yet? The reason the Mini is such an iconic car is because it was very affordable and practical when it was released. I reckon the Nano has the same potential. Plus in todays financial situation and people raving about being green, the car makes sense. £1400 for a brand new one that does 60mpg, it makes sense.

Have a picture or two:

Tata_Nano_14.jpg

tata_nano_02.jpg

Personally I wouldn't have one and I doubt many people here will want one either. I can see why it would work somewhere like India but I don't think there will be much of a market for it here. I think the Euro price is more like £4,000 and for that much it's not much of a stretch to a small pug or Citroen.

Great idea mind, I think they'll make a lot of money from it.

Guest Jordan

Its a great idea, but the EU price is insane. Why a £3000 price increase?

Also, it seems very unsafe. No air bags, no welding on the joints... If you were in a crash you wouldn't fare well.

OMG you like them too? Finally! I've never met anyone else that's actually not loathed them.

Smarts are damn sexy! :bouncy:

I love Smarts. My mum used to have Smart Car (with heated Sits) and because we are on this deal we get a new car every 9 months and so we kept changing the colour of it.

We haven't had one for a few years now been using an A Class (I think) but we've just ordered another Smart. :yay: bit impractical at time

BUT

awesomely awesome to ride in!

Incidentally, very dangerous.

Not if your Charlie Sheen.

With German subs for added sex on wheels.

Anyway, very ugly car to be honest. If only they could make a decent environmentally friendly cheap car that doesn't look like it's from a kids colouring in book. Saying that though, I don't particularly care about looks so if I had the cash I'd get one.

Edited by weeyellowbloke

Here's another picture of it,

118940_en.jpg

I got stuck i one of them about a year ago, i was stuck for about 20 minutes...

Its a great idea, but the EU price is insane. Why a £3000 price increase?

Also, it seems very unsafe. No air bags, no welding on the joints... If you were in a crash you wouldn't fare well.

Whats its safety rating?

I don't think any of my cars have ever had airbags. Only 2 have had ABS. Hell, one of them didn't even have a roof or doors.

My safety features are my hands and eyes!

No matter how well you drive there are always idiots who can come from nowhere, or whizz around corners.

You can always see or hear them coming.

OMG you like them too? Finally! I've never met anyone else that's actually not loathed them.

I tracked their UK release and around 1998 I went to visit a promotional event where you could test drive (or at my age infact, test driven in one).

I used to own a website called lovesmart.net infact, where I had pretty much every single fucking picture I could find of any type of smart, crossblade/forfour concept/brabus version/coupe/roadster, and I also was obsessed with giving each image descriptive alt text. I knew each type of engine and when they changed the output/size of the base petrol for the UK release. I also painted a life size scale version of a smart cabrio on the side of my house which although faded, still remains to this day

Wasted youth? fuck you all, I'm just incredibly nerdy

no, I don't have one, and will almost certainly never have one. I'd probably shiv someone for a hayabusa powered smart though. that said I have a few toy cars, and the real life thing is pretty much toy sized anyway

Edited by RoadKill