Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Excitebots: Trick Racing

david.dakota

Those mini-games (well...micro-games) sound even more insanely awesome than I thought they would.

Edit: Favourite part:

Collect butterflies while in the air, and then land on a gigantic sunflower to gain even more bonus stars.
Edited by Cube

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If getting people to actually wake up and see that this is basically Excite Truck 2 requires both IGN and Nintendo Power to use phrases like "It blows the original out of the water" and "It blows the original away", then fine.

There really is no defence now for people who loved Excite Truck but are dismissing this. They are most unfortunate.

I was pretty much convinced even before the preview, but it's certainly helped to reinforce what's good about the game.

My favourite part would be this.

Seriously, we couldn't make this stuff up. Whatever Monster Games is smoking, it's paying off big time, because this game is good fun.

Aslong as the game is a laugh to play thats all that matters. This is a fine example of not judging a book by its cover or a game by its boxart :)

My face isn't red over doubting this and in some respects I still am. I would really like to see for myself first hand how the mini-games incorporated into the racing pan out first hand because those are my biggest fears for the title. I knew Monster Games would be able to make something that could compete with and perhaps better Excite Truck in terms of speed but I would just like to try it for myself to get rid of this niggling little doubt. The whole bot thing has sucken in and while it's not what I would specifically want, it'll add a good amount of variety and that's a plus in my eyes.

I'm still reserving judgement until the reviews come in. However, if they are positive I shall apologise to all the rabid followers, however I still can't see myself getting this one.

Why should you apologise? The game didn't/doesn't look like your cup of tea, no need to say sorry.

The news of this has got me playing Excitetruck again and rather than revive that topic just looking for some quick help; how the fuck do you do a trick. It says hold one and then has a vague diagram. Do I move the controller left and right, up and down, back to front, throw it in the air? I've tried some stuff and it doesn't seem to be working, just wondering if there's a knack to it I'm missing.

The news of this has got me playing Excitetruck again and rather than revive that topic just looking for some quick help; how the fuck do you do a trick. It says hold one and then has a vague diagram. Do I move the controller left and right, up and down, back to front, throw it in the air? I've tried some stuff and it doesn't seem to be working, just wondering if there's a knack to it I'm missing.

The air spin? I found them to not be worth doing , you don't get that many points from them and they can throw you off a bit, especially if you land facing the wrong way.

I kinda always wondered why some people had problems with the spins in Excite Truck.. they were one of my biggests sources of stars! I guess it just clicked with me and I got a feel for it very quickly.. maybe I'll put the game on later and try to give you a good explanation of how to carry the tricks out : peace:

Air Spins?

If I Recall Correctly:

- Hold the 1 and D-Pad

- Tilt the Wii Remote slightly in one direction (the same way as steering)

- Flick the Wii Remote in the other direction

- Repeat.

Air Spins are the best way to get points.

Air Spins?

If I Recall Correctly:

- Hold the 1 and D-Pad

- Tilt the Wii Remote slightly in one direction (the same way as steering)

- Flick the Wii Remote in the other direction

- Repeat.

Air Spins are the best way to get points.

Yep.. thats basically it! As the spin is coming to an end, do the same again to go round again and build up those stars!

I'm gonna have to go home and check my highest number of spins off a jump later.. I think it was seven of eight : peace:

One hint I will give, though, is that after you go round 3 times- hold off for a sec to get your 5 stars and then try to squeeze in another couple of spins before you land for a few more stars if the jump is big enough :smile: ..you don't get more stars for spinning more than 3 times in succession :heh:

Yep.. thats basically it! As the spin is coming to an end, do the same again to go round again and build up those stars!

I'm gonna have to go home and check my highest number of spins off a jump later.. I think it was seven of eight : peace:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!