N-Europe

Excitebots: Trick Racing

david.dakota

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exciteBotBox.jpg

"You won't believe your eyes when you find yourself shooting goals, throwing pies and even playing poker in the middle of racing robotic animals and insects around off-road tracks"

The game is being developed by Monster Games, the guys who also previously made ExciteTruck. The game is confirmed to have Wi-Fi connection play for up to 6 players.

It's certainly not Excite Truck 2, but could still be fun.

Exactly..could be like 'Mario Kart' but using the Excitetruck franchise....wishful thinking? haha

Want to see it in motion really...or some screenshots!

..so far, I feel like I'm gonna be sick..

Excite Truck was brilliant, I loved the whole game and finished everything (apart from getting the odd paint job for a few trucks..) and I'm totally shocked by the direction this has went! I need to see something of this quick because I'm feeling pretty disgusted at the moment :sad:

I hoped for Excite Truck 2 with a wider variety of environments and a greater focus on racing and finding shortcuts.. I don't want another Mario Kart!

F-Zero, 1080, Wave Race, Excite Bike.. Nintendo could have given us any number of things but we're getting this instead.. I know it's extremely premature but until I see something of it I'm feeling very let down :hmm:

I actually think that it sounds quite fun. How do you play poker with cars/bots? There a lot of questions that I'm interested to see/hear answered.

You guys have obviously forgotten how good cream pie gags are :D

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon of unjustified hate with this one.

It just seems like one of those dodgy third party Mario Kart rip offs, the ones we usually avoid, but this time made by Nintendo themselves who are so convinced of its success they slap the once cherished 'Excite' brand on it in an attempt to drag it, kicking and screaming, past the 250k sales mark.

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon of unjustified hate with this one.

It just seems like one of those dodgy third party Mario Kart rip offs, the ones we usually avoid, but this time made by Nintendo themselves who are so convinced of its success they slap the once cherished 'Excite' brand on it in an attempt to drag it, kicking and screaming, past the 250k sales mark.

You haven't seen a thing yet..

Wait till you see the game before the unjustifyable hate.

It's not helping itself ill admit. It seems to not know whether it wants to be a party game or racing game

You haven't seen a thing yet..

Wait till you see the game before the unjustifyable hate.

It's not helping itself ill admit. It seems to not know whether it wants to be a party game or racing game

My hate is unjustified because i've not seen a thing. But thats half the problem, with only a few weeks to go, no screens, no footage, it doesn't bode well. And i'm genuinely hating all this party game stuff, i really am.

But if it does turn out to be good, then find, i'll happily eat my hat (if i had one). I'm just not feeling it at the moment.

My hate is unjustified because i've not seen a thing. But thats half the problem, with only a few weeks to go, no screens, no footage, it doesn't bode well. And i'm genuinely hating all this party game stuff, i really am.

But if it does turn out to be good, then find, i'll happily eat my hat (if i had one). I'm just not feeling it at the moment.

I too shall jump on the hate bandwagon for the following reasons:

1) Terrible name

2) Shite box art

3) Awful pre-release info burst makes it sound like a mini-game fest

4) It's out in less than a month and we haven't seen a screen

Why do this Nintendo?

The boxart and name is like a stereotype of all the shite kiddy third party party games on Wii.

But still

1. It's being published by Nintendo. This alone means it will be a proper game and not some rushed cash-in.

2. It's being made by the people behind Excite Truck. They have not announced working on other titles, so they've probably spent at least two full years on the game.

The boxart and name is like a stereotype of all the shite kiddy third party party games on Wii.

I won't mind it if it's all there to sell the game to the general Wii audience. I just hope that the Super mode is as difficult as Excite Truck.

I don't think Nintendo would have released much on Excite Truck if it wasn't a launch game (in America).