N-Europe

Gaming tones...

Dyson

I was wondering if anyone new of any good text message alert ringtones? Preferably from games; I've been using the MGS codec call sound for ages now but it's lost it's charm.

So yeah, what with it being a text ringtone it's gotta be something like a sound effect as opposed to a piece of music!

Any suggestions/places to download such files would be awesome :D

London N-E Meet! Hyde Park! Hungover! On 2nd can of the day! Then BAM! suddenly we've all got the codec as our ringtones. Awesome.

I have my phone on silent. My old phone had a recording of the wind blowing through a door in an amusing fashion.

As for your problem, I have no help for you.

Screenwipe intro...excellent idea.

Although I found some sounds; my text tone is Sonic collecting an air bubble from Sonic 2 at the moment, I also have the Bowser message from SM64 on there as a backup.

I was considering using Worms sounds, I've been playing Worms Armageddon a lot recently :D

Got the Lost Woods for my ring tone and the tune for when you get a big item from a chest for my texts :heh:

I used to have exactly the same on my old phone!

I've now gone for the classic ringing sound and 'Horn' for texts as they're both the loudest I can get on my phone.

I did have the Zelda "puzzle complete" jingle as my message tone until I got my current one. Why do Samsung not let you change the message tone beyond 5 presets? It's stupid.

I feel that. It's bullshit. Ony my old Samsung phone there was a pr0 preset, I called it The Elevator.

Now I have some dodgy almost similar sounding thing. I don't think it's possible to get into it using the software on the PC that one can do for music/ringtones, I might give it a try, renaming/editing the file or something.

I've got the fanfare from WarioWare as my text tone at the moment, and Ashley's Theme for my ringtone. I've had loads of gaming related message tones in the past, though, including the 'new trophy' tone from Smash, the 'super mushroom' bleep from Mario Bros, and the 'new item' from Metroid and Zelda. All from Galbadia.