NEurope
Kirkatronics

What Do Other People Think Of You?

Insults that aren't intended to offend are usually a sign of good friendship. Can't handle it in relationships, though. My ex would totally change around her best friend and start insulting me all the time and I wasn't ready for it. If I retaliated amicably it would be taken the wrong way, or I would go too far, blah blah blah.

I'm a paranoid mofo, so yeah I think about what other people are thinking all the time. I spend so much time worrying about everyone else that I'm constantly fucking myself over. My fashion 'sense' generally reflects this well, as I just tend to wear shabby clothes. That way I don't have to worry if people think I look good or not because I know exactly what they're thinking! "he's wearing shitty clothes", boo ya.

I hate seminars. I have a stupid habit of talking when I'm nervous (meet-peeps might've noticed this), thus I haven't thought about what I want to say and end up trailing off with a "you know what I mean" or a ".. I've forgotten what I'm saying." When I'm chilled out and completely relaxed, I'm a boring motherfucker.

That doesn't surprise me at all, you looked after everyone at the N-E meet, if it wasn't for you it would have been awkward as hell :smile:

most people like me, some hate me, pretty much the same with me and outher people, like most, view some as cunts.

few years back a guy at college hated me, let me know, but addmited he didnt know why. fair enough, some people hate me cos i never look sad, even when i am.

i dispute the idea of people having a true self, we show different qualities in different situations, rather then have a personality we hide.

i dispute the idea of people having a true self, we show different qualities in different situations, rather then have a personality we hide.

what i mean is that people perceive it in different ways,

people think when im shy im just rude n stuff but im just plain shy in front of people i dont know

and that when im nervous people think im weird for talking too much but its because im nervous i just talk to fill the silence...like they dont realise.. i dunno

i know what im tryin to say but im not sure its coming across :P

what i mean is that people perceive it in different ways,

people think when im shy im just rude n stuff but im just plain shy in front of people i dont know

and that when im nervous people think im weird for talking too much but its because im nervous i just talk to fill the silence...like they dont realise.. i dunno

i know what im tryin to say but im not sure its coming across :P

I think you are strange but in a really awesome way :heh: Wouldn't say rude at all! Your a very nice person :smile:

Strangeness is awesome! I love wacky people who dare be themselves. Fortunately, me and my friend are both like that, and since we just click together, we have enormous amounts of fun whenever we're together.

This has always been something which has confused me. Usually one of the first things people either ask me, or ask one of my friends is if I'm gay. To be honest, it does really annoy me, because it's thinking I'm one thing when I'm not actually that. Most of the time, the answer is that I'm not very manly. Well, sorry for not being a prick.

I think people take the piss with me a lot of the time. Like if they leave me out of something, or say something not particularly nice, because they know I don't like to cause a fuss or will probably not do anything nasty back, because I'm probably a bit too calm.

Really annoys me, and I'm very sick of being the friend, or the guy where people can pick you up or drop you whenever they want to. If I'm being totally honest, it's mostly the female of the species who are to blame for this. Although, the paradox is that most of my best friends are female.

I dunno, I guess people just fuck me off nowadays.

I definitely care what people think about me, most probably a little too much if I'm honest.

I usually know what people are thinking about me because my closest mates (and I love them for it) are always brutally honest about stuff, as am I. It's what we do. For example, say I'm wearing something and they think "Oh dear god, he looks like an 80's reject with B.O" (Just to clarify, I do infact wash :p) then instead of being all "Ooo, looks nice" they just come out with it, then insult constantly. Which I love completely, however odd that sounds.

We need to go and party some time. Plus my short-shorts are feeling rejected.

I was thinking about this the other day. We never truly know what people say about us when we leave the room. (Unless they tell us, which just makes us feel worse if it's bitchy...ignorance is bliss etc)

I have no idea how people perceive me. In some ways I'd like to know, in others I wouldn't.

But I'm not fully confident or comfortable in my own skin liek other people are.

I would consider you to be eccentric (sp?) and you know I love you. You're awesome.

---------

Me? I don't care what people who are not my friends think of me. In real life I think people see me as -

My friends ; Incredibly annoying, but somehow loveable.

Non friends ; Bit weird, bit shy.

Enemies ; The Devil.

I would consider you to be eccentric (sp?) and you know I love you. You're awesome.

---------

Me? I don't care what people who are not my friends think of me. In real life I think people see me as -

My friends ; Incredibly annoying, but somehow loveable.

Non friends ; Bit weird, bit shy.

Enemies ; The Devil.

What about us forumers :heh:

I have an image which I create for myself because I think it's fun. I don't like being predictable unless I want a certain aspect of myself to be.

A lot of this is reflected in how I dress. One week I'll wear my suits, the next week I'll dress some kind of new rave freak another times I'll put on my yacht get up. Sometimes I have curly hair, sometimes I straighten it. Sometimes I shave, other times I don't. Sometimes I wear glasses (that I don't need), most of the time I don't though. :heh: I've done this for so long that I've actually lost any sense of how I would "normally" dress.

A lot of people don't get this and think I dress weirdly because I think it's cool. Like I said, I do it because I think confusing people is funny or I want to be distinct. I do think it is cool but because it's what I want to. If I did things that were only "cool" I wouldn't play SingStar, dance around in my bathroom with my iPod at full volume or commute to university and work on a Chopper. :D

Because of all this people underestimate me a lot. I am more well-read that most people. This is partly down to going to public school but more down to have two sisters a lot older than me and me when I was younger wanting to understand what the hell they were talking about. I read a lot, and I read it early. I've become a bit of a literary snob. I made a joke the other day to one of my friends about 'Master and Margarita' and she had never even heard of M&M and she is damn smart, needless to say I was shocked.

Because of this I HATE being asked stupid questions or questions where with a little bit of effort, wouldn't need to be asked.

A lot of people don't like me. The reason being they take me seriously at the wrong times and think I'm joking around the other times.

This all makes me sound like a lot of work but I'm not. This is all pretty much internal dialogue. I like getting on with people as long as they reciprocate. After all, life is fleeting, it's good to get along.

I don't care what people think of me as long as they let me get on with what I want to do. I don't see the point in letting other people's views colour what I do.

“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.”

- Jiddu Krishnamurti

I like this, it's sort of in line with what I consider myself too, though different on some things. This thread is well timed for myself, also.

Me? Well, I'm Me. I know this, and I go with it. I know I'm not perfect, but I know that no one else is either, and I try my hardest to be better and be a good person(I act as I expect, but I'm not gonna waste time wishing I was something I'm not, unless I can realistically be it). I have my own style, and my own way, and that's me. I'm not rigid though, I'm open to newness, as long as you can show me the sense in it(reason, logic, rationale). As far as I'm concerned, I won't change for people, and I'm very forward about who I am, what I think, and people can either take it or leave it, but I'm honest and hate dishonesty/fakeness, on the whole(sometimes, there are exceptions). For all my bluntness and honesty, I'll have some tact with some people and try NOT to be harsh if I can help it, at first. Unneccessary confrontation is unneccessary. I have short patience, though(as Daft, I hate people who don't think sometimes, and ask a question easily answerable). I hate people who let me down. I hate people who expect something different from the world than what they give, and so I act as I expect the world to. I hate people who don't make the effort, don't think, and don't give time to see or realise things from both sides. I think sometimes, I give too much to people and the world, and sometimes I don't get enough back, I wonder how much I actually mean to people sometimes as opposed to just being that crazy guy who's amusing and arranges and organises stuff(and if I didn't, would I have them as friends?). I try not to blame others for my faults, mistakes, or consequences of my own actions(I'll blame them for their faults, though), I accept the consequences of my own actions fully. Contrary to how this post sounds too, I try not to take myself, or life, too seriously. I love to have a laugh and a joke, and have fun, but it doesn't mean I cannot be or am not serious. I hate people who take themselves too seriously. I have standards I expect though, though everyone who knows me is fully aware of what I expect and the consequence. I'll give if you give, but if you take, I'll take back just as hard. I'll make a joke for the sake of a joke, I think I have joke tourette's, I go crazy if I don't make it, even if it's not funny to anyone but me. I often cut a joke at someone's expense, but it's just a joke, some people never realise(usually the sort that do it themselves, all the time). Sometimes people get confused when I'm joking and when I'm serious, but the RRAAAAAGGGEE is usually fairly distinguishing.

I don't know what other people think of me, and it DOES bother me sometimes, because as far as I'm aware I know alot of people, and they all like me, but I could never fathom why. I don't like to be disliked, but if someone has a good enough reason for it, then I'm cool with it, I guess. I can't tell people what to think, or do, but I'll give my opinion. I've actually asked some people lately, especially recently, why they like me. Last weekend was interesting, I went to the party of a friend of a friend, then was talking to her online and she called me a Philosophical Gangster(lolz, she's nepali and grew up in NY, and I wear alot of 'bling'). She said with me what you saw wasn't what you go, which kind of made me feel like I'd achieved something by hopefully making someone think what they know isn't neccessarily right, too many people judge too easily and don't give enough of a chance. Like Daft said, it'd be my motivation to be unpredictable(i'm too lazy for the effort of doing it though). She apparently said this to my friend too, to which he laughed alot, then agreed, it made me feel kind of good, dunno why lol.

She also spent the weekend insisting and telling me that I was a good person, which was ironic cos the dicky bitch from the summer popped up on sunday night and called me a bad person. Now, with the one telling me I was a good person, I insisted she barely knew me and I was a bad person in some respects, but I think you can be both a bad person and a good person, they aren't polar opposites. However, the reasons the dicky bitch gave me was for the way I apparently treated her, which is exactly how I treat my friends(she had a better deal, even) and it annoyed me to the point I wanted to prove that isn't a bad person! I said if I was such a bad person for it, why did I have the friends I had! Apparently, I think I'm a good person just because I'm 'popular'. It put me in a weird, funny place, I was already having a bit of a friend crisis and feeling kinda unloved and worthless(due to the fact anything I attend, *I* seem to be arranging, either originally or cos no one else does properly), but in a strange way, so I ended up being one of those emo people who I hate, seeking reassurance from my friends about why I'm liked and what I have to offer the world. Hence the well timed nature of this thread :p

Like Daft, too, this may make me seem like some crazy sort of high maintainence freak, but it's only on the inside, on the outside I'm cool and easy going, and I'll make the effort for people, mainly cos I'd hope they'd make it for me, too, when I need or want. I make too much effort sometimes, I don't know why. I just love people, I love the world and the variety in it, though lately I'm starting to hate all the shit bits so much that it's draining. I don't see anyone else making the effort. Bah Humbug!

EDIT:Wow, apologies for the essay. Damn.

I don't worry too much, but I do like to make an effort with my friends and such. I like to maintain a nice group dynamic.

According to my friends, I'm quite the eccentric and highly unreserved, (mind you, I think of them as rather reserved.) My family are often coming to for advice, I seem to be the wise, thoughtful one of the household to them. My tutor seems to suspect I'm an alcoholic manic depressive. To be honest I think they're all right.

I've no idea, I just like to be me - wouldn't go as far as to say that I'm unique or act however I want, I go with the flow somewhat but I'm not one for trying to stand out - I like to just melt into the big pot of everything.

As for what people think of me - not fussed. Of course, opinions of family and the g/f do matter to me, as those are the one who are important to me! If friends think bad stuff then I imagine they shouldn't be my friends!

Rummy; thou be my kindred spirit. We must do the summer dance and meet on a patch of grass again!

I don't worry too much, but I do like to make an effort with my friends and such. I like to maintain a nice group dynamic.

According to my friends, I'm quite the eccentric and highly unreserved, (mind you, I think of them as rather reserved.) My family are often coming to for advice, I seem to be the wise, thoughtful one of the household to them. My tutor seems to suspect I'm an alcoholic manic depressive. To be honest I think they're all right.

I live opposite a Costcutters and I've been buying 15-can crates of strongbow on average three times a week. Once a week I go in and buy a crapload of caffeine-fuelled drinks and every time I buy anything there, I get 25g of tobacco. This one woman who seems to serve me everytime... I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm absolutely fucked up. Of course, I am, and it's weird how she sees this side of me that barely any of my friends see- it's weird to see her judge me because i know that's what my friends would think if they weren't my friends. Or something.

One of my tutors sees me (saw me-- don't have her anymore) as this completely retarded kid, and she always looked at me when talking, even when answering someone elses questions.

I do care, I don't want people disliking me.

I have some guy who used to be a friend constantly bad mouthing me at kent to some people, but luckily my best mate is in that group and counters what he says. I don't like people just disliking me when I haven't done anything, I'd prefer them to dislike me by seeing for themselves :p

I'm also paranoid like J7 :p I think I tend to over think things >_<

I also care about how people perceive my appearance, hope I'm not sounding too superficial :p

If I cared what people thought of me I'd probably have killed myself a long time ago.

But at least you tried, right?

If I cared what people thought of me I'd probably have killed myself a long time ago.

Reminds me of the excellent song, Joining You, by Alanis Morissette.

About telling someone on the verge of suicide that if we as humans truly were, in our essence, the labels we're called, or the pretences we all seem to have, or whatever form of defences we employ etc, she'd be joining them in killing themselves.