N-Europe

MUSIC WARZ! Match 5

Paj!

RULES;

Basically, 63 (and one randomly chosen song) tracks have been nominated by our forum members to go head to head against one another.

All matches have been ranomly decided using a number randomizer thingie, sp it's fair.

1. Before voting for which song you choose, you MUST listen to both songs in FULL. If you see a band you love against an unknown, that is not an excuse to instantly vote for that band. Another point of this whole game is to expose new music to people. Base it truthfully on your favourite, not on who you THINK'll be your favourite.

2. No flaming, not that I imagine there will be.

3. If all 3 of your choices are knocked out, please continue to post! You agreed to do so by nominating. Plus it's good for expanding musical horizons.

4. have fun, it's a game blah blah JUST VOTE.

5. ATM, i'm going at 2 threads created a day, one closed a day. Or actually just 1 open, 1 closed. Whatever.

------

MATCH 5

Poker Face - Lady GaGa

Why - Avril Lavigne

----

Match 1: Led Zeppelin vs. Train

Match 2: Faith No More vs. Oasis

doesnt seem to :P

ill find one somewher and listen to it.

Also, we should have a results thread stickied, so we can see who's won easily, and so it stays at the top of the playground :P

edit:

Its gonna have to be Avril Lavigne, even though that song sucks, it was better than that other song, that was so cheesy it was unreal, and the woman seemed so robotic, i wonder if she knows her music sucks.

I'm going to vote for Avril Lavigne.

I don't really like either song.

I usually really like electro-y alterna-pop, but Lady Gaga just doesn't do anything for me.

I like Avril Lavigne, especially when she does slower, more-heartfelt songs. I just don't like Why as a song. Still, I prefer it to Poker Face.

Hmm...while I too like kinda electro-pop, and I enjoyed the verses of Poker Face, it seemed like it didn't really know where it was going...not to keen on the chorus, and yeah, sounds a bit generic.

I prefer her other singles I've heard.

I think I'll go with Avril Lavigne, though again, I've heard better from her.

Lady GaGa : 0

Avril : 4

Neither are particularly great. One has good verse and the other has a half decent chorus. I enjoyed the chorus in Poker Face but the rest of it wasn't to my liking. It's the kind of stuff I'd try and stay away from although that's not to say it was awful. Just that the rest of the song wasn't as good as the chorus.

My vote goes to Avril Lavigne although I feel the main problem with her song is that she doesn't have the voice for it, which is more noticeable towards the end. It needed someone with a stronger voice. Can't think of someone at the moment who would provide that. I'll think on it.

My vote goes to Avril Lavigne although I feel the main problem with her song is that she doesn't have the voice for it, which is more noticeable towards the end. It needed someone with a stronger voice. Can't think of someone at the moment who would provide that. I'll think on it.

I agree. I didn't like either song but Avril's had some potential. Therefore my vote goes to her.

I'm voting for Avril, even though she sounded out of tune to my inexpert ears, and the lyrics were fairly boring. The other one seemed like it could have potential, as others have said; in an electroypoppy way, but instead was just annoying and repetitive.

Hmmm both songs really weren't doing it for me so my vote here really doesn't mean much but I'll go with Lady GaGa. Looking for it on youtube made me stumble across her song "Just Dance" and I really liked that. So I guess this competition is working because I consequently dowloaded it. Never even heard of her before.

Yeah, It's almsot like...Poker Face is almost great fun, but it's too disconnected, like the chorus isn't from the same song the verses are.

I love the beat to it, but wish it sat better, and the lyrics were better too.

Avril: 12

Lady GaGa: 4