Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Hmm wonder why he called the gamecube controller a failure? Ok, it was the only controller to bring nothing to be table to be fair but it's one of my favourite to use.

Yeah, it was superb. Perhaps he regrets that the analogue L+R triggers didn't take off? I loved using them in Mario Sunshine, it felt like a more sophisticated controller had arrived.

Sometimes I feel I'm in an alternate reality. I enjoyed the GameCube and its controller so much, and I just can't understand it being considered a failure in any way apart from commercially. It's the only Nintendo console to have had a C-stick, and what a joy that was to use in games like Wind Waker.

The button layout was also perfect. In Metroid Prime, you could charge up a Super Missile with the lower part of your thumb, then actually fire off the missile with the top half of your thumb. Now I'm playing Metroid Prime 3 and the controls feel so counter-intuitive, with the buttons so far apart and having to point within the range of the sensor bar all the time. I try to like it, but I just don't get it.

AND here is the reveal...nay or yay? not 'that' excited myself..but hey....

The title is called Excitebike World Rally, and it comes with online play! The title will also feature its famous track editor, multiple control options, and is due out Nov. 9th on WiiWare.

Excitebike + track editor + online? Sounds good to me. :grin:

I just hope they've updated the graphics and stuff and it controls much better, cause i always had a problem playing it for some reason, then i'll be happy! :)

I was hoping for a Zelda wiiware game...

RUMOR: Goldeneye Wii?

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/goldeneye-wii-revealed/1498

Personally, I'm wondering weather Activision have just decided to make a new game called Goldeneye, to capitalize on the Bond License.

But who knows, the main reason Nintendo was refusing to allow Rare to remake the game for the 360 and to release the old version on the virtual console was that the Wii wouldn't be getting the remake. Perhaps Rare are doing a remake for the 360 and a team at activision are making a remake for the Wii?

-----------

@ The excite-bike announcement.

Online and a track editor, this could end up being awesome. I wonder if the online is just for sharing tracks, or if you can actually race each other.

Edited by Emasher

Well, Excitebike World Rally is perhaps better than what I was thinking of but I'd agree with IGN's sentiments that it hasn't blown me away (I didn't expect it too). Wasn't really a fan of the original Excitebike so I don't know. It's not something that's going to be high on my 'To get list' of Wiiware games whenever I finally get round to buying smoe more points.

Onthe subject of Nintendo points, why has the 2000 point card go up in price from £14.99 to £19.99? That's quite frankly ridiculous. You can get 2100 MS points for Xbox Live for £17.50 so why increase the price for the card by £5 when you're getting nothing more with it?!?! Nintendo really do make some idiotic decisions and while this is only a very small thing, it's still pretty damn stupid even for them. It can't honestly come down to a weaker Pound.

Guest Captain Falcon

Onthe subject of Nintendo points, why has the 2000 point card go up in price from £14.99 to £19.99? That's quite frankly ridiculous. You can get 2100 MS points for Xbox Live for £17.50 so why increase the price for the card by £5 when you're getting nothing more with it?!?! Nintendo really do make some idiotic decisions and while this is only a very small thing, it's still pretty damn stupid even for them. It can't honestly come down to a weaker Pound.

That's why I always buy my points directly from the online shop - £7.00 for 1000 points. Even when the machine first came out, shops were charging £14.99 for 2000 so it's always been the cheaper option.

And it doesn't have to be a "credit" card either as long as it's one of the supported types. I use a Visa Debit card an have no problems.

Okay announcement. though I would be infinitely more excited if it was based on the N64 version.... :(

Anyways, in more important news, it's good to see nintendo doing a lot more work to benefit the wider community. Hiring people with severe special needs for their news channel should be applauded.

Onthe subject of Nintendo points, why has the 2000 point card go up in price from £14.99 to £19.99? That's quite frankly ridiculous.

As I type this, Gameplay (gameplay.co.uk) still has the £13.99 ones. I agree £20 is a step too far (I wouldn't mind so much if they enabled full screen and 60hz on the Virtual Console games).

So the embassador programme. Is it as simple as I put there ode in, they put my code in. Irrespective of whether or not we actually did help them? i.e. could we set up some sort of scam on here where we get together and type in each others codes?

And am I reading it right. If you get 10 people to sign up. You get unlimted NES downloads? If so, that's crazy!! Brilliant. But crazy!

Jeezuz...why does the video need such happy, twatty presenters? Why does it need presenters at all? The lass looks like she's going to pee her pants when she announces it. Good lord...
Their completely mental facial expressions make for great comedy value though...

41190388.gif

:heh:

Let the games do the talkin' Nintendo. :)
Yeah, I find those trailers with footage of people "playing" the games to be particularly annoying. :nono: Essential when Wii first came out, (to showcase the motion control aspect) but it's pretty pointless these days.

Jeezuz...why does the video need such happy, twatty presenters? Why does it need presenters at all? The lass looks like she's going to pee her pants when she announces it. Good lord...

Let the games do the talkin' Nintendo. :)

Could have been worse.....

blah3.gif

You know she will be back.

I was listening to some Luigi's Mansion Sountracks the other night, and I was wondering if a sequel would be out of the queston or not.

I mean, the game was very fun to play and was scary in its own way. Furthermore, It lends it self well to co-op, on-line co-op and other on-line shenanigens. Then again I'm talking about NINTENDO here.

So I was wondering, why was Luigi's Mansion created? Why did the man in green get his own game? Was it a staller, so that they had more time to work on Mario games? I can't imagine that, because it was a quality game!

I was listening to some Luigi's Mansion Sountracks the other night, and I was wondering if a sequel would be out of the queston or not.

I mean, the game was very fun to play and was scary in its own way.

It was actually, yes!

So I was wondering, why was Luigi's Mansion created? Why did the man in green get his own game? Was it a staller, so that they had more time to work on Mario games? I can't imagine that, because it was a quality game!

I think it was to have a short, high-quality game at launch that showed off the GameCube's dual analogue feature.