Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Well I do. the main mario games are some of the most challenging games in existence. I think the real question is do gamers think hardcore games = blood and gore titles.

I wouldn't consider people who limit themselves only to games that have blood and gore hardcore gamers (assuming that's what you mean when you say gamers, as gamers is a very general term). Hardcore by definition means the most active, committed, dedicated, ect. members of a group. If you're any of those things you're not going to pass up what could be amazing, simply because of how "badass" it is.

More tantalising info: apparently copies of the latest Famitsu magazine are being held back due to a believe Nintendo announcement contained within. It's rumour for now but Nintendo have said they'd have something to announce in the coming weeks, through the Nintendo Channel, so perhaps this is it. We'll have to wait and see.

Just a heads up, a Wii message was just sent out, there's a new update that updates the Wii Shop Channel for the 'Connection Ambassador Promotion'

Connection Ambassador Promotion:

Do you know anyone who has not yet connected their Wii console to the internet? By taking part in the new Connection Ambassador Promotion, you and anyone you help connect can each receive 500 Wii points at no Extra cost! All you need to do is register each other's Wii Numbers and complete a short Survey.

In addition to receiving 500 Wii points each time you help somone connect, there are special bonuses availible for helping many people

-Help 10 people connect online and be awarded the Wii Connection Master Gold Status. You will be able to download all Nintendo Published NES titles from the Virtual Console at no extra cost.

- Help 20 people conect and you will be awarded Wii Connection Master Platinum status. You will then be able to download all NES, Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 titles by all publishers at no extra cost!

For more details, select CONNECTION AMBASSADOR PROMOTION from the setings/other Menu of the Wii shop Channel.

Also, if you brought the Wii internet channel before it was made free, you should have 500 Wii points given back to you.

Edited by Helmsly

The American Nintendo Channel has something to announce on the 26th October and i'm sure it's this game which was rumoured to be announced earlier this week! It must be one which needs alot of publicity to sell in my opinion, therefore Nintendo taking another approach for it to be seen! We'll have to wait and see next week!

and this as well from NintendoDpad:

"Rumor: An apparent IGN employee has been claiming he knows what the new Nintendo game is that is to be announced soon. Going by the name GodIsSatan on the IGN Boards he states that it is not a new Mario game referred to by Charles Martinet. This new game is rumored to be from an established franchise and not a new IP."

hmmmm..could it be Kirby, Pilotwings or Star Fox then...or has Kid Icarus finally come to light?

Edited by Owen

He also had this to add..

Apparently the announcement "shocked the hell"out of him because he "certainly didn't expect it". He went on to say "trust me at this point when I say there won?t be too many people out there who will be blown away when this one gets revealed."When asked how cool this game is compared to PokePark Wii: Pikachu?s Great Adventure, he said "I?d say less cool in concept, but most likely a better game when it?s all said and done. There is one interesting aspect to the title that hasn?t been fully revealed yet. The ultimate quality of this title may hinge on how well this aspect is executed."

"I don?t think anyone will be able to guess what this game is. I never would have expected this title to be in the works."He also later said "I was actually excited about it when I first heard what it was, but after more details made it my way, it no longer seemed nearly as appealing. It?s still a cool idea, just not one that anyone asked for or expected."

"Rumor: An apparent IGN employee has been claiming he knows what the new Nintendo game is that is to be announced soon. Going by the name GodIsSatan on the IGN Boards he states that it is not a new Mario game referred to by Charles Martinet.
Interesting...

But I'm much more intrigued by the mysterious Mario game, especially after putting these two tweets together ;):

Oct 18, 2009:

Awesome new Mario Game! And it's not NSMB Wii, and it's not Galaxy 2, but it's going to be crazy fun!

Oct 21, 2009:

I woke up and played Mario Kart... It sure wakes a person up!
Could it be? :love:

I know it's always been one MK game per system in the past, (excluding the Arcade) but MK Wii has been a HUGE success for Nintendo (currently the 15th best selling game of all time!) so I don't think a sequel would be out of the question...

Plus, I can always take more Mario Kart. :grin:

*Waits to be disappointed by the announcement of Mario Party 9* :heh:

Wild stab in the dark here and say Stage Debut has resurfaced. That would certainly fit the bill as being something that has initial appeal but dwindling appeal the more you're exposed to it/heard about it.

I doubt it's that or anything too big, most likely another extensive of Nintendo's 'Wii-Whatever' games.

Well, whatever they are, the fact that we've got a new Mario and a new IP game announcement to look forward to (and presumably quite soon) is good enough for me. :grin:

Even more so when you consider Nintendo's recent strategy of revealing titles as close to launch as possible. ;)

Wild stab in the dark here and say Stage Debut has resurfaced.
I'd be happy with that. :hehe:

It would certainly make for a good use of DSi-Wii connectivity, using the DSi camera to create your character.

I reckon a big part of why it was cancelled on the GameCube was down to the clumsiness of GBA connectivity.

I'd be happy with that. :hehe:

It would certainly make for a good use of DSi-Wii connectivity, using the DSi camera to create your character.

I reckon a big part of why it was cancelled on the GameCube was down to the clumsiness of GBA connectivity.

DS-Wii connectivity is criminally underused already, I doubt anyone would consider DSi-link up.

If we were to receive such a game though, a new Four Swords would be nice. But who are we kidding? It's Mario Party 9.

DS-Wii connectivity is criminally underused already, I doubt anyone would consider DSi-link up.

If we were to receive such a game though, a new Four Swords would be nice. But who are we kidding? It's Mario Party 9.

This! Motherfucking this!