N-Europe

Pajy Birthday Happmeen ah!

ReZourceman

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday!

Whenever I see your name, I pronounce it "pasch-mee-na", a girl's name, which, combined with the fact that you had the girl from Mirror's Edge as your avatar, makes me believe you're a girl, even though I know you're not.

Sorry Grunch, I don't know how to write phonetics, though I'd love to.

/padʒ'miːnə/ = pajmeena (correct, I think)

/paʃ'miːnə/ = pashmeena (wrong, I think)

Information on phonetics here, here, and here.

Thanks! Actually my fave birthday ever, so far, everyone beens surprisingly nice, and I got more than I wanted present-wise, and I love it all! Plus It looks like I'm having a massai rave at some point in celebration.

Also, My name (in my head) is Paaj, Mean, Aah. As in, I pronounce it in 3 sections.

AND I don't have a scottish accent, but thanks for the attempts (poor to say the least!) at one. :D

Got a tonne of cool stuff;

Classic iPod 120 GBs, Guitar Hero On Tour, Comic Book Tattoo + Piece by Piece (to Tori Amos books, the first being the HUGE volume of comics she was signing this year), Shutter glasses (lol), about 80 quid, vouchers, Cd's..books...and perhaps funniest of all, a Harmonica, a Tambourine and a Bongo drum!

And a bunch of other stuff. A massive haul considering I didn't ask for half of it, yet love it all.

Also, My name (in my head) is Paaj, Mean, Aah. As in, I pronounce it in 3 sections.

AND I don't have a scottish accent, but thanks for the attempts (poor to say the least!) at one. :D

Nah, I was writing it as I would have pronounced it (pretty much RP, so not SSE at all), which was apparently not how you say it at all. Also put a instead of æ by mistake... Anyway, it's:

/pɑːdʒ 'miː nɑː/

At a guess, SSE would be:

/padʒ 'mi na/

Not that it's relevant or anything.

[/pointless diversion]

Nah, I was writing it as I would have pronounced it (pretty much RP, so not SSE at all), which was apparently not how you say it at all. Also put a instead of æ by mistake... Anyway, it's:

/pɑːdʒ 'miː nɑː/

At a guess, SSE would be:

/padʒ 'mi na/

Not that it's relevant or anything.

[/pointless diversion]

Linguistics and phonetics are never pointless! And don't let them tell you otherwise. :cool: