N-Europe

Would You Say You've Had A Good Life? (So Far....)

ReZourceman

Erm, I think it's been a bit of a rough ride these past few years but overall I don't think I would have any right to complain much considering how much worse other people's lives elsewhere in the world are. I mean, with my sister going all psychotic and ending up in prison to getting assulted and then recently having a friend die it's been rough to say the least. But overall, I'd still look back on my life and think "Yeah, I'd say I tried damn hard to make it the best life I could make it".

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zelda? that sounds amusing, i remember the water temple, and getting to it in general, and getting out of the lake, pretty godamn angry stuff right there.

Honestly, yes, i consider what i have a pretty great life, we all have stuff in our families that we have to deal with, my little sis is mentally handicapped. So i understand people with disabilites better i guess.

I've had an awesome life so far. I'm proud of my intellect (although I can come across as condescending to people I know well), have some awesome friends, and I'm quite happy with my shy and "head-down" demeanor.

I guess I'm still riding on the high of knowing how much I've matured in the past couple of months. I remember talking to Shadow a while back about how I was the guy who never went out anywhere and genuinely missed out on life-during-youth. He explained he was the same at one point, but that had all changed with maturity. At the time I dismissed it, convincing myself I had some sort of social problem, but I think I can see what he meant. I'm on the verge of going out to hunt down my first job (I would have laughed at this prospect not too long ago). Once that happens and I can fend for myself financially, hopefully I'll fully regain the confidence to actually go out during my free time (you'd have to understand that where I live is relatively rough, and I had a bad experience when I was 14ish).

My parents are still together after 20 years, although we have had some times where the ride gets bumpy (I swear I worry about them staying together more than they do), and we've never been well-off, but we just make enough to stay in our reasonably-sized semi-detatched and enjoy the oft-taken-for-granted luxuries such as broadband.

So yes. I have lived a near-flawless life so far, and I'm in that wonderul stage in life where it's just going to get better and better (touch wood).

My parents are still together after 20 years, although we have had some times where the ride gets bumpy (I swear I worry about them staying together more than they do)

I think it happens with all parents, my mum and dad are always having a go at each other, and its usually about me, which kinda sucks.

Or when my dad doesn't stop talking, which is very often :heh:

Families eh?

I think it happens with all parents, my mum and dad are always having a go at each other, and its usually about me, which kinda sucks.

Families eh?

That use to happen to me, worrying that my parents would split up. It seemed inevitable after so many rows and sadly it did happen. Probably the worst experience of my life but thankfully they still get on (better than when they were together).

Families eh?

Hehe, yes. My father's mouth does tend to get him into it more often than not. I'm realising I'm taking after him.... and without trying to sound utterly awful, there are some mannerisms of him that I really don't want to inherit:shakehead

It's been alright until a year ago, when after 5 years of happenings, it just imploded and got out of control. Now my life is annoying and will continue to be so throughout Uni, I know it will haunt me from a hundred miles away. I won't be able to get away from it.

Other than that it's been great.

That use to happen to me, worrying that my parents would split up. It seemed inevitable after so many rows and sadly it did happen. Probably the worst experience of my life but thankfully they still get on (better than when they were together).

Yeah I know what you mean. If it got to that stage I think I'd rather they be happy than stay together for the sake of us.

Hehe, yes. My father's mouth does tend to get him into it more often than not. I'm realising I'm taking after him.... and without trying to sound utterly awful, there are some mannerisms of him that I really don't want to inherit:shakehead

I have pretty much ALL of my mannerisms from my dad. Except he's a lot worse, thankfully :heh:

Yeah I know what you mean. If it got to that stage I think I'd rather they be happy than stay together for the sake of us.

I have pretty much ALL of my mannerisms from my dad. Except he's a lot worse, thankfully :heh:

I've kinda inherited from both, i'm like my dad personality wise, like im a sarcastic guy but he's also a social recluse, where I am not - must be from my mum's side.

I think my life so far has been pretty good. I've travelled most of Europe so far to countries including Spain, Scotland, England, Wales, Germany, France, Belgium, Holland, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Switzerland (accidently drove there went wrong way) and Austria.

I've lived in 3 of them countries due to a military family. Most of my education was fulfilled in Wales, with some of it in Germany where i learned the language.

Relationships have been ok, on and off as such. All of them being in Wales.

Had my rough patches namely due to unemployment and family dying off as such 2 grandparents in the same month, hard enough having one die but two within 2 weeks is worse.

I've had a great life. I'm pretty good intellectually and very creative. I have enough friends. I've got plenty of resources. Although I'm almost as far as you can get from popular or cool, I think I'm doing just fine. I've still got so much to do yet though. I've got so many places I'd like to visit, so many things I'd like to do, so many things I'd like to learn. Hopefully I'll have at least another 60 years to do everything I want to do. But you never know, medical advancements in the next 60 years could keep me living longer than today's average life span. Perhaps we should have a sequel thread about what everyone still wants to do in life.

I'd say my life has been pretty good so far. I've always done well in school and enjoyed my childhood with many happy memories.

However I suppose i could make an effort to go out more as i stay in quite alot. I've never had a girlfriend, which could be considered a bad point, then again i'm honestly not that bothered.

Yeh, i say my life has been good and will hopefully carry on that way.

You'd be surprised at how a skin condition can send people flocking AWAY from you :heh:

I know what you mean, i get exchema terribly, used to just be in joints, then at 14ish it started on my hands, which was bad but you know, you could live with it, and it was always in waves, maybe a week out of every 7 was spent with huge scabs.

17-18 things got worse, stress from A levels caused a massive exchema attack, on my forhead. very, very uncomfortable going into public with it, especialy when it got infected and started to swell, even after it recided the skin was growing back funny, i got a loads of little dead skin flakes, they were in the hundered, i was actualy pickely to the touch. even moisturiser wasnt doign much, i just had to stay at home appying balms and moisturiser for a couple of days.

hands got bad again at 20, then, after a house mate had used a load of cleaning products, my face went fucking mental, swolen, puffy, awful. got an emergancy apointment at the drs for it, they thought i was having an alergic reaction.

since then ive not had many bad attacks. i still get the odd patch, but its staying under controle. still worry about it on my face, im self consious enough as it is.

As much as this is going to seem rude, I'm in a grouchy mood because of zelda. But maybe there's no need to comment on everybody's situation, when you really don't have the full story?

I can completely understand where you are coming from raining, it was bad enough with glasses (in my area I had braces and glasses mostly before everybody else -sigh- :awesome:)

glasses would have been welcome for me, i was the kid with magnifying glasses over my eyes. litteraly made my eyes look huge, een more recent sets, with different lenses only reduce the magnifacation a little.

thank fuck for contact lenses. i now look normal (possibly boardering attractive apparently) thanks to them, but 16 years of confidence knck backs have taken 5 years to get over.

oh, and add to that the scurge of dyspraxia, a co ordination dissorder that ment i was terrible at just about every sport, had the ahnd writing of a 6 year old, and slightly scews my voice.

more i think about it, worse i did on the genetics lottery.

Would I say that I had a good life so far?

Well I got bullied all my school life from a easy age, I had only three friends at school but they stop being friends with me and started to bully me few years after, I had a few breakdowns down because of it.

Then the first time that I started using the internet I got bullied on cube-europe irc and the later on the cube-europe boards with topic about me because i had left the irc channel for awhile.

I made a few online friends from the cube-europe irc channel but i had an online friend stop talking to me because of another girl online started talking to me.

Then few months later on I came out of my shell alittle, started using msn more often and talking to more to folks online and this year my father died on the month of May. :cry:

So my life hasnt been going to good at all. :hmm:

The worst experience i've had was finding my uncle lying dead in the corner of his living room, having been there for at least 3 months. The smell and the image of it is something that never fucking goes.

Anyways shit happens, We're all relatively healthy, so no need for any major emoness.

Would I say that I had a good life so far?

Well I got bullied all my school life from a easy age, I had only three friends at school but they stop being friends with me and started to bully me few years after, I had a few breakdowns down because of it.

Then the first time that I started using the internet I got bullied on cube-europe irc and the later on the cube-europe boards with topic about me because i had left the irc channel for awhile.

I made a few online friends from the cube-europe irc channel but i had an online friend stop talking to me because of another girl online started talking to me.

Then few months later on I came out of my shell alittle, started using msn more often and talking to more to folks online and this year my father died on the month of May. :cry:

So my life hasnt been going to good at all. :hmm:

i'll be your friend, im very nice! we can msn and that

Agreed with Jonst, Dante you are way, way too sensitive about what happend fucking years ago. I mean seriously, let it go.

As for my life? Hmm. Yes and no. I've had my fair share of shitty experiences though my life. Some horrible stuff happend to me when i was a kid... I mean, not people picking on me or whatever. Seriously fucked up shit and i'll always have that with me. Then through most of my teenage years i hated myself and slowly started to eat myself to death, reaching 17 1/2 stone at one point.

Then i met Letty and... well, everything changed. The last 2 years of my life have been incredible. Its been a huge rollercoaster ride of emotions. I have a job which i'm good at and i'm paied well, i'm soon moving into my own place rather than living in this crappy shared house where i currently live, I like who i am as a person, i've actually become reasonably attractive and Letty will be moving in with me rather than just staying over... Letty changed my life, yeah i know you're all throwing up right now and i honestly hate to go on about it but. Shit, you just find someone in your life and you know thats the person you want to be with. Sure, its still early in our relationship, but i know we're strong and i know we have a future.

Anyway, i'll stop typing before i get a tonne of tl;dr's.

have i had a good life?

good points:

- awesome childhood.. wonderful parents.. close family at that age.. got doted on cause i was the only girl :)

- lovely wonderful awesome amazing boyfriend :) - 3 years woo! (love u)

- 2 wonderful dogs - they're a bit mad on occasions but they're mine!

- my friends :) i only have 2 (except for greg.. but hes more than a friend)... one girl and one boy!.. they are awesome but i wish i had more :(

bad points:

- my mum died at the age of 55 in may :(

- muma nd dad argued alot!

- all my friends seemed to have abandoned me in some day (rarr)

- had a falling out with a "friend" recently which cause problems for me and greg cause he was friends with him too.. and now another friend has randomly stopped talking to me

Anyway, i'll stop typing before i get a tonne of tl;dr's.

tl;dr :V

Seriously though, I'm still impressed how in shape you've got yourself :)

I on the other hand, am skinny as shit and need more exercise. Other then that though I think life has treated me fine, not great just not bad.