N-Europe

Chips @ Home

ReZourceman

Chips are great, eh?

What are your favourite HOME COOK chips. Not home made. Home made will always win...but not everyone has ;

A) The time

B) The effort

C) The equipment

to do home made chips. And oven/micro/grill chips are easier.

So what are the best brands? I intend to try a few different kinds soon, and I will report back with my findings (Which reminds me I must report findings on a new apple in a minute)

Anyway this new one I tried was ;

beerbatterridgecutchips_large.jpg

McCain Ridge Cut Beer Battered Chips

Im not sure if it was entirely necessary, but in the cooking process it tells you to turn them. They were certainly nice though, very crispy and a really nice taste. I recommend them.

Next I will probably try the old southern fries. Mmmmm southern. And of coure Curly Fries always win.

I've never been fond of oven chips or microwave chips, its home made or take away I'd have to have.

Then again, the rents usually buy the cheap varieties of oven chips, so my opinion isnt too strong.

Hit the old curly fries, and your opinion will change I think.

Also forgot to mention the above beer battered chips are ridged vertically down the shaft (heh) of the ship, and not horizantally down the shaft, so that gives them a quality crisp texture straight down it. Pimp style yo'

Hit the old curly fries, and your opinion will change I think.

Also forgot to mention the above beer battered chips are ridged vertically down the shaft (heh) of the ship, and not horizantally down the shaft, so that gives them a quality crisp texture straight down it. Pimp style yo'

Haha, curly fries though? Which brand are they? I have to pop to tesco's soon so I may pick some up if my pepsi fund isnt raped by the lack of offers.

I generally just get Somerfield's own chips. They taste pretty nice when cooked in the same tray as burgers. And yes, I know that it's mainly just a massive load of burger fat that gets cooked onto the chips and that it's probably not that healthy. But it's nice.

Haha, curly fries though? Which brand are they? I have to pop to tesco's soon so I may pick some up if my pepsi fund isnt raped by the lack of offers.

I think any brand would do (they are all a bit southern spicey) and taste so delicious, might aswell go for McCain. They really are nice.

I think you're supposed to turn all homecook chips.

I quite like the steak-cut ones from a certain brand which I forget now (it came in blue packaging...) because I haven't bought them in a while.

Im tending to make mashed potatoes and veg in place of chips nowadays.

Oven chips - always taste really dry, almost 'chalky' like texture to the potato.

Microwaved - almost always really nasty.

Only home made or McDonalds fries have anything good about them going. But then again, I'm not a huge chip fan. Birdseye potato fritters on the other hand are absolutely gorgeous.

If I'm having chips with something at home, it's in the form of Smilies, Fritters or Alphabites. Sounds childish I know, but regular oven chips have always tasted vile to me, and I don't like to fry chips that often.

Nah it aint childish. Theres no adult equivalent of those things, and the texture is awesome.

I still eat Turkey Dinosaurs sometimes.

Nah it aint childish. Theres no adult equivalent of those things, and the texture is awesome.

I still eat Turkey Dinosaurs sometimes.

Fritters are just round, crispy things with no childish appearance. They are sheer win; absolutely lovely.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I have recently had all these types.

beerbatterridgecutchips_large.jpg

curlyfries_large.jpg

southernfries_large.jpg

And they really are all very nice. Im almost inclined to go with either the Southern or the Beer just as they're easier to judge how much a portion you get. The Beer ones, some have lots of flavour, and others not so much so its a bit random within the bag, so the winner is Southern for the time being.

Im gonna try and get these sometime to try.

goldstandard_large.jpg

chippychips_large.jpg

Both look somewhat interesting.

Only home made or McDonalds fries have anything good about them going.

You've got to be kidding me - they're the worst fast food fries around. Burger King wins the test, KFC ones' are crap but at least they don't taste like sticks of salt.

chippychips_large.jpg

We got them in a few weeks ago. Very nice indeed, but not enough large chips in the packet!

Fries To Go are the sexiest microwave chips on the market, the downside is that they're slightly pricey.

True, they used to be a pound or so when they once hit the market, but now they are £2:00 + everywhere! Ridiculous.

They are nice, but I find that if you over or under cook them, you may taste a "soapy" substance while eating. :blank:

McCain Home Fries are ejaculation worthy. You know the ones "chips, glorious chips" and all that bullshit.

Fries To Go are the sexiest microwave chips on the market, the downside is that they're slightly pricey.

They are amazing. :D

My Nanna used to buy them alot and i always used to have some when i went over ^_^

I love these bad boys...

3407.jpg?ts=632928953960

EDIT: Seems I'm not the only one who loves Fries to go!! Excellent :)

The trick is to try and get them crispy on the outside yet soft in the middle. But not TOO crispy. Microwave them for 1:30 and then take them out and shake the pack, then leave for about 1 minute, put them back in and do them for another 1:30. When taken out they should be perfect...and the insides won't taste of starch

:heh:

UK CHIP LISTINGS AND PRICES.

Well worth having a peak at! (Even if it's mostly Tesco) :D