Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Olive Oil

ReZourceman

Ive had it.

Time to cut the crap.

I have had enough of this olive oil bull shit.

IT FUCKING DOESNT DO ANYTHING TO FOOD.

What Im talking about it like when people drizzle it over shit. I just saw a cookery programme on TV where she put some in water for some boiling spaghetti...it just sat on top of the water.

IT DOES NOTHING!

It is virtually....nay...it is entirely tasteless, heck when its on something you eat you can barely even feel its texture or presence, so someone please

TELL ME WHAT ITS FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

There must be others that feel this way.

I've noticed that cooking is bullshit.

I was watching a program and this woman was making roasted red peppers. I thought, oh this is normal, and she isn't doing anything stupid! Woo! SDo anyway, she brushed them with olive oil, then sprinkled salt and pepper on the skins. I though, oh, that'll be nice!

So later, she takes them out of the over, AND WIPES OFF THE OIL AND SALT AND PEPPER!! RAAAAAAAGE!!!!

What Im talking about it like when people drizzle it over shit. I just saw a cookery programme on TV where she put some in water for some boiling spaghetti...it just sat on top of the water.

Ehhh. Sorry but I'm going to have to own up here. I add a bit of oil and salt to pasta before I boil it. The oil helps it cook, it makes it a bit softer and a bit more buttery, no dryness and no sticking together.

Also limited amounts reduces the chance of coronary heart disease, and the decent stuff, the kind that comes in glass square bottles usually, definitely has a taste to it when you dress salad with it.

Proper oils you dip like bread and shiz in, i find to be pretty tasty. Other than that i really cannot see the point in puting it on stuff. Cookery programmes make me laugh, can anyone ever be bothered to make something thats been on a cookery programme??

Good olive oil is brilliant with breads and vinaigrettes etc. I cook a lot with olive oil and stuff just because the end result does taste a little better than if you were to cook with sunflower oil or the like. I only use nut-based oil if I have to heat something up a lot (olive oil is bad when it starts smoking). I also tend to drizzle things (not everything) with it just before baking. I've always been puzzled by adding oil to pasta water though. Tried it once, honestly didn't get it. I salt the water before I use it. And I also drizzle oil on the pasta after cooking (or unsalted butter). But during? that's just strange.

Honestly, once you end up using it properly you'll use it all the time.

Proper oils you dip like bread and shiz in, i find to be pretty tasty. Other than that i really cannot see the point in puting it on stuff. Cookery programmes make me laugh, can anyone ever be bothered to make something thats been on a cookery programme??

I've not once done this myself, the idea of cooking along to a tv is lol