Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Celebrity Chefs

ReZourceman

Who are your favourites?

Entertainment wise I think Gordon Ramsays latest series' have been fantastic, and must sees, The F Word and US Kitchen Nightmares come to mind first. Hes amazing.

Actual food wise, I go weak at the knees at Gary Rhodes.

Absolutely amazingly skilled, really nice food, nice format just nice, plain and easy to follow, and he has a gentle voice :heart::bowdown::heh:

watching his shows i thought jamie oliver was great, but actually having cooked some of his recipes they aren't that great.

tomorrow I making a meal for a few of my friends, i'm using a jamie oliver recipe for carrots, gordon ramsey for the gravy, delia smith for the potatoes, anthony worral thompson for the other potatoes and jamie is back in again for the pudding (The muffins I baked earier today).

On the whole I think gordon ramsey and gary rhodes recipes are the most flavoursome and well worth the effort.

i would also like to note that all the celebrity recipes i'm using are getting a big lump of me thrown in too rather than shameless copying!

Man i'd punch Ramsey in the face if I got a chance, really pisses me off that guy. I never seen anyone more committed to trying to prove he's not gay. I remember one time on one of his thing when he took his kid shooting. Biting my bloody fist I wanted to hit him so much.

I like Oliver, seems like a nice guy and used what would seem like a fairly un-influential position and actually tried to make a change. Good man.

Don't really watch any cooking programs (though we have a Jamie Oliver cooking book, that we've never used). Did see two episodes of US Kitchen Nightmares though... funny. One even had violence with a guy attacking someone, so hooray. =P

Nigella would most certainly enjoy one of The Don's mighty cream torrents.

Kitchen Nightmares is a great programme. He's actually incredibly clever to be able to turn around seemingly any restaurant he walks into. Not anyone could do that.

The bit I love is when he "changes" the interior. Most times all that happens is that he's rotated the tables round a bit and changed the tablecloths to red.

Nigella Lawson is my favourite :D

She has the best recipies for comfort food, and has other good assets...

nigellaES0409_468x614.jpg

She's so utterly gorgeous.. And just a little bit crazy, which is definitely a good thing ^^ I love her shows, its just a shame she's not on more often.

And the "assets" are rather impressive I must say.

She's so utterly gorgeous.. And just a little bit crazy, which is definitely a good thing ^^ I love her shows, its just a shame she's not on more often.

And the "assets" are rather impressive I must say.

I know!! She made this bread and butter pudding once, but instead of bread she used croissants :o

Genious!!

-Also, if you do a search on youtube for here, theres loads of fan vids of her boobs...

Guest bluey

nigella lawson always creeps me out... it's just... something about her... she's really.... starey... and spacey.... like she's trying to decide whether to finish baking the cake or to knife you... O___________o *hides*

i dont know any of these people! i used to not like jamie oliver 'till jamba cooked me some fish casseroley thingy from his book - it was so good! i nearly proposed! (but lucky for jamba, it needed more salt :grin: ) i dont have any celebrity cook books~

which one shall i buy before i leave??!!

Nigella Lawson is my favourite :D

She has the best recipies for comfort food, and has other good assets...

nigellaES0409_468x614.jpg

Oh yeahh, she has some pretty tasty 'recipes'...

I've posted solely to say that(if anyone saw law of the playground the other day, they might get the joke why), as I don't follow celebrity chefs/cooking much, I also cannot cook for shit, so maybe there's a relation.

Personally I find celebrity chefs annoying - I don't care about the people, I just want to know how to make the food. The best food program should just be like one of those science videos where they show you how to do experiments, with the head out of shot and ideally Look Around You style narration.

That said, I do watch celebrity chef shows when I have the chance, because nothing like the above exists. They all tend to be slightly irritating but make nice food.

Heston Blumenthal: I love how he incorparates scientific knowledge into his food, to try and conjure up the most amazing meal you've ever tasted.

i love how he combines both the artistic side of cooking with the fact that is essentially just chemistry. really intersting stuff. it think he possibly takes it too far though!