N-Europe

Dexter

ReZourceman

Season one is great but season two just isn´t as good.

i adore season 1, re watched i several times and imported the box set. And bought and read the books.

Season 2. irritating and not very good. I cant even summon up the stamina to finish it, depite the writers strike meaning theres nothing to watch.

I actually prefered season 2 over 1.

Lilah was great... apart from her disgraceful accent and Dexter got even more messed up and desperate at times. Made some great viewing.

Personally I didn't like Season 2 quite as much. Like Jordan said, Lilah's accent sucked. Which is ridiculous, because she's British. See her in BBC's Hustle. They obviously told her to really stress it, and that killed it. But what made Season 2 the worst of the two for me was taking away some of my favourite aspects of Dexter's personality. Sure, a lot of it was still there - but it was the original pull to the series for me, so it was a shame. It had some amazing moments though - my favourite being

Headbutt.

It's great that it's coming to ITV, I've been trying to get a few people into it, and this will be the opportunity. Hope those who haven't followed it yet all enjoy it as much as I did.

"First off, note to all you Dexter newbies: Do not spoil yourself for this show. The unforeseen twists are much, much, much too good!! Anyhoodles, just had a fantastic talk with Dexter boss Clyde Phillips, and he tells me the writers room reopens tomorrow, production resumes in June and the show should be back on the air in October (which means the season-two discs should be out in August or September). Check back soon for more from Clyde on our favorite killer killer."

Source: http://tv.yahoo.com/show/36672/news/urn:newsml:eonlinekristen.com:20080226:TV-fc04c4508c0f52eb649dfc9e07bc5fc2__ER:1

"Dexter" exec producer Daniel Cerone is shifting from serial killers to spoiled rich kids in taking the reins of ABC drama "Dirty Sexy Money."

Cerone has joined the ABC Studios skein as an exec producer, replacing Josh Reims as showrunner. "Dirty Sexy" creator Craig Wright remains an exec producer on the ensembler led by Peter Krause.

The frosh drama has been renewed for a sophomore year, but in light of the disruption in production caused by the writers strike, the show will not return to the Alphabet's sked until the fall.

Reims is moving on from "Dirty Sexy" to develop new projects for ABC Studios. Cerone was slotted in to "Dirty Sexy" as part of an overall deal he inked with the studio.

In addition to shepherding Showtime's edgy hit "Dexter," Cerone's credits include the CBS drama "Clubhouse" and a stint as a writer-producer on WB Network's "Charmed."

Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117981483.html?categoryid=1237&cs=1&p=0

dexterpostsecret.jpg

I agree

And now for the dirty sexy dish from Clyde Phillips about season three. We talked to him before the writers' room even opened for the new season, so everything is subject to change, but here's what Dex's boss is thinking about for the series' next installment.

Who's Your Daddy? Clyde says that in season three, Dexter gets personal and, uh, professional traction in a way we've not yet seen: "Basically, what's happened with Dexter is that the first year was his childhood, and the second year was his adolescence, and the third year is going to be his adulthood. He will become more of his own man. He will still live by what we call the Code of Harry, if you know what that is, although his relationship with his father was already to some extent deconstructed in the second year." Ah, he's metaphorically killed the father..."But then, once you kill the father, then you learn to appreciate him." If this involves more James Remar (Harry Morgan) and MCH in a silly wig, whatever this means it's A-okay by me.

Clean Slate: Clyde says they're still noodling around with the exact arc of season three: "The first year we had the books, and the second year we knew that the bodies were going to turn up and that the FBI was going to come and that Doakes was going to be suspicious. The third year we're starting tabula rasa." This, in case you couldn't guess from the show in question being Dexter, means anything is possible...

Dexter

Darkly Dreaming Dexter: Dexter Morgan continues to embrace the Clark Kent/Bruce Wayne side of his life in season three. In particular, one of TV's best good and evil entanglements, Dexter and Rita, will be going strong. Clyde tells me, "The relationship will be there...One of the things that keeps him grounded is his burgeoning affection for Rita and his outright affection for her children. If Dexter didn't have Rita, if he didn't have the Code, if he didn't have his sister, there's a very good chance he'd go off the rails. He does have them all, and that's what levels him, that's what keeps him grounded."

Darling Deadly Doakes: Now that Sgt. James Doakes (played by Erik King) has been, well, dispatched from the series, is that the end of his presence in Miami? Clyde says, "First of all, it was a very difficult decision personally to do what we did to Doakes, because we love the guy—we love Erik King. Nobody could have handled it more professionally than he did. He was splendid when we had to break the news to him. It's what you do on a show...We're all professional, and he understood. Basically, next season, Doakes' end resonates emotionally with Laguerta (Lauren Vélez), although I don't know where that goes yet." May I propose an appearance by Ghost Doakes?