N-Europe

10st 7 (mini-rant)

Fierce_LiNk

I've just weighed myself today, and it turns out I'm now 10st 7. That probably doesn't seem like much, but I've NEVER been above 9 and a half stone in all my life.

I've always been a thin person, ever since I was a kid. I suppose I've got quite a feminine shape, it's slim, but that's just who I've always been. Over the past year, I've had quite a few problems, and some of them affected my eating. At times, I was just too stressed to worry about food, and at others I just didn't have the time or money to worry about such a thing.

In the summer I noticed I was smaller than I normally was, so I decided to try and go the other way. I tried eating, but I'd get full too quickly. In the past, I tried at several points to eat more consistenly, but I always seemed to keep the same shape. I never seemed to get bigger or smaller, so I just ate when I was hungry, and that was that.

When the summer was over, I was listening to a couple of girly friends talking, saying how they wanted big rugby blokes to come and sweep them off their feet, and I thought to myself "ffs, why can't I be like that?" I got a bit angry at them for thinking it (in my head, never outloud) and I got angry with myself for being small.

Suddenly, I gained an appetite. I'd eat, then two hours later I'd feel hungry so I'd have to eat, again. I came down the stairs one day to eat my breakfast and my housemate said I looked different, then somebody overheard and said the same thing. This spurned me on.

I bought a shirt about a month ago. I was wearing it earlier and I realised it was pretty damn tight, and the same for the new jeans I've bought. My tops are starting to feel tighter too, around the shoulders and waist.

The question is, how did this happen? Can you really 'will' yourself to be bigger?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just natural "filling out" as you grow older. My uncle was saying today that until he was 23 he was really thin but now he's not fat but well-built. My dad was the same and I probably will be too. I'm really skinny at the moment but I don't think I will be in 10 years time, not fat, just not skinny.

10st 7?

I'm 11st at the moment, I'm only 5ft11. It doesn't mean that you're fat, it probably just means that you've been working out, or you finally kicked the anorexia and ate a sandwich. Besides, if you weighed yourself right after you ate, it's not going to be a good indicator. Sometimes when I weigh myself after pigging out, I've magically put on 5 pounds. Don't worry about it, that's underweight for your size

Late growth spurt perhaps? Never heading over 9 and half stone at your age, you were probably overdue.

That's what I'm thinking. It feels great! I've grown tired of being short and skinny. I want to, as Moria says, fill out.

10st 7?

I'm 11st at the moment, I'm only 5ft11. It doesn't mean that you're fat, it probably just means that you've been working out, or you finally kicked the anorexia and ate a sandwich. Besides, if you weighed yourself right after you ate, it's not going to be a good indicator. Sometimes when I weigh myself after pigging out, I've magically put on 5 pounds. Don't worry about it, that's underweight for your size

I'm saying it's a good thing, not that I'm fat or owt. I'm just curious about why it's happening now. I weighed in the morning as well, never after a meal, cos...that's just daft. :D

Flinky, you say u want to be bulky? I'm quite broad shouldered and big bones, and I hate it, I'm not like really bulky but I would luke to be slot more slender...

Booo

Being slender sucks. :heh:

Guest Stefkov
I dont know how heavy I am. I guess im a bit like strider - size 11 feet, 6ft, broad shoulders.

I'd say the same for myself. Apart from having size 13 feet.

I'm always asked if I play rugby to which I reply no. Then always the counter is I should. I would if I liked the sport.

10 stone 7 consider yourself lucky. How I wish to be that weight again. I just remember a couple years ago, stepping onto the scales just before a shower I'd see if go up, then the next time it would be up more. I was sad.

Now whatever I do I can't seem to put anything on, if I ever lose anything it's a few pounds which are on again the next day.

(This is terrible, I've put on 0.5st over the holidays)

Same here, but so what? I'm only 12 3 1/4 now.

Man i used to be like... 13 something around the summer.

Im 13 stone booyah! 1 stone of that is my giant penis though so I dont feel so bad. On a more serious note hmm everyone always say I look thin then I tell them my weight and they are like wow. Im healthy according to BMI maybe I have an alien inside me thats slowly growing into it launches into the atmosphere out of my chest. Or maybe I should cut down on the subways its one of the two.