Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last game you played

Tellyn

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set pieces? Crackdown is a sandbox game; there are no moments in the game that are predetermined, the beauty of it is that the dynamic city and enemy A.I. is meant to react to what you do in it, giving you a completely individual experience every time you play and that the player is allowed to tackle the game's objectives in any way they choose, set pieces restrict the player, Crackdown is all about giving the player freedom to do as they please.

I'm just saying don't criticize the game for not having something that completely goes against the ideology behind it. If you want a game with great set pieces I think you want something like Call of Duty/Half Life/Resident Evil 4.

P.S. Clearly you haven't downloaded the 'Keys to the City' expansion for Crackdown, do it now! *it's free btw*

Oh and playing it co-op is awesome.

Fair comment, I was just dissapointed throughout the whole game I found no WOW moments, they didn't have to neccessarily be set pieces. Oh and I'm not online yet :(

Mario Kart Arcade GP

I was shocked to see this at my local cinema last night, especially as I had walked by it at first sight without realizing what is was. Not a very good game actually as it was only fun for a minute or so. The steering wheel kept fighting you, the item's in the game were silly (I had no idea what they were, and where were the koopa shells?), the courses were not very challenging and the voice of the commentator in your ear was very annoying. The camera feature was fun tho. Seeing your face with Waluigi's feature's added on to it is pretty hillarious.

4.5/10 (I'll probably still play it again, the next time I'm at the cinema tho :grin:)

Mario Kart Arcade GP

I was shocked to see this at my local cinema last night, especially as I had walked by it at first sight without realizing what is was.

I didn't know they existed in the UK. Let alone in North Wales.

Kingdom Hearts 2

Currently playing this. It is to me perfect. I tried looking for the thread on this forum to see what other people thought but couldn't find it.

I love everything about it. Even better than the first which I classified as one of my most favourite games of all time!

Pure epicness imo.

Kingdom Hearts 2

Currently playing this. It is to me perfect. I tried looking for the thread on this forum to see what other people thought but couldn't find it.

I love everything about it. Even better than the first which I classified as one of my most favourite games of all time!

Pure epicness imo.

is it really that good? ive got both of them on ps2 and played about 2 hours worth of the first one

im really enjoyin it so far

This was the Kingdom Hearts 2 Thread

Damn, reading old posts of mine makes me cringe.

Anyways, I got Metroid Prime 3 on Tuesday, easily the best game in the trilogy, while it doesn't have the same impact as the first it refines and expands on everything that made it great with added waggle which works pretty well.

I'm just collecting the Energy Cells now so the game's pace has unpleasantly slowed down but definately a 9/10 so far.

Contra 4: 6/10.

It's not that it's any worse than the other Contra games, it's that the whole series is overrated. Metal Slug 3 is infinitely better.

Also, been playing Ninja Gaiden all today in anticipation for Gaiden 2. Still an absolutely killer game. Apart from the appalling camera (which they should have kept fixed rather than player controlled). 9/10.

Wild Arms V

No wonder I'm getting tired of RPGs. Another pathetic copy past cast with uninteresting story. Played it for less than two hours and I hate it already. The battle system isn't that exciting and it's too easy when I heal automatically after each battle.

5/10

Final Fantasy (PSP)

Hardly any story, but it's better than Wild Arms' I love the graphics. One of the best 2D games I have seen. Just wonderful. A little bit too easy, I haven't had trouble a single time, except for sidequest bosses. Blasted Shinruy.

8/10

It's not that it's any worse than the other Contra games, it's that the whole series is overrated. Metal Slug 3 is infinitely better.

Also, been playing Ninja Gaiden all today in anticipation for Gaiden 2. Still an absolutely killer game. Apart from the appalling camera (which they should have kept fixed rather than player controlled). 9/10.

Contra has had its ups and downs. The original was wicked fun and so was the 3rd one i believe, but GOD it's been all over the place.

Contra 4 is awesome though; i love it!

Portal.

GLaDOS and the Weighted Companion Cube for the win! I mean, this game is so little, but oh so magnificent!! I'm drooling at the possibility of a sequel. =D

9/10. It's a tad too short... other than that, It has my seal of approval. :D

YOU BOUGHT THAT? YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME! :P

Get out.

GET OUT!!!

:P

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!