Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gossip Girl Ep24

Interesting. I wasn't sure about the flashback at first. Seemed pointless, but i really liked the actress of young Lily, and her sister and other actors were pretty good too, bar the creepy dude from the diner with the sideboards. He was awful. Some parts of the episode didn't quite work though. Like Nate and Blair. If they broke up, where was the discussion? Seemed like they couldv'e got more entertainment out of it. It was sweet and that, just not quite impactful enough.

8/10

I dunno, I kinda liked the fact that the whole prom thing (including the break up) wasn't really an issue. Seen far too many prom episodes and after a while they become a bit blah (unless, you know, its an Alterna-Prom). Likewise, I've seen far too many "break up" scenes.

Scrubs - Interns

Watched all ten webisodes. They were okay. Some nice references to the show itself such as HFFA, TCW and Legal Custodian. I really like Sunny and Denise/Jo. If they are planning to continue the show those two would make it tolerable. I liked Ed as well but the actor went onto Parks and Recreations. The other interns are kinda bland. Except in the websiodes the other female intern (Elliot-alike) revealed she was a LUG (lesbian until graudation)

Smallville Finale

Good and bad. Was expecting more of a fight. Lots of "but how will they deal with that" stuff for next season. Shorty told me a little about;

Zod... How he's not necessarily evil but his methods are disagreeable. I hope the next season doesn't just have him as an all-out baddie, and makes him a sympathisable character.

Supernatural Finale was, again, at fault for pulling punches but some interesting propositions were made;

Saying that God isn't even there, that the angels are running themselves... Well... pretty cool. I mean, there's no way the show will ever try and actually show God as involved, but I'm hoping he might be somewhere with his own crack squadron of angels... I dunno. Doubtful.

The brief cameo of The Prophet was great - I love the character. He says that dean and wossisname weren't supposed to be there, so maybe things are different? His role as prophet maybe jars with the new notion that God isn't watching down anymore, but hey.

It's been an excellent season for the show, here's hoping the next one can be as good.

Smallville - Doomsday

I think they tried to cram too much into one episode. On the whole I did like it but the whole end of the season has been building up to the battle between Clark and the Beast and it lasted all of a minute. I was really hoping for some epic ownage from the caped one. That being said, I liked the way they've set it up for next season, with Zod and Clark becoming further on the line to superman. I just hope they don't pull of some lame ass move in the season premiere that changes him back to a bumling fool.

I gotta watch Spaced again. I think I must. It's excellent.

But at the moment I'm watching Big Train, which has Simon Pegg and Mark Heap in it, so that's probably fuelling my desire.

Probably something to do with the fact that Simon Pegg is brilliant. :D

Smallville - Doomsday

I think they tried to cram too much into one episode. On the whole I did like it but the whole end of the season has been building up to the battle between Clark and the Beast and it lasted all of a minute. I was really hoping for some epic ownage from the caped one. That being said, I liked the way they've set it up for next season, with Zod and Clark becoming further on the line to superman. I just hope they don't pull of some lame ass move in the season premiere that changes him back to a bumling fool.

Yeah i pretty much agree

There is alot ifs they have left open that they 'could' do something with.

You could argue clark was not acting himself in the last seen and since he was told he would die that day nothing really changed that would of stopped that from happening. Where did Lois go? and whats happened to her. Was that young boy at the funeral actually the REAL jimmy since he is ment to be so much younger than everyone else. How the hell has Zod come from that orb since wasn't it made by Jor-El for humans to stop his son if he lost it. Definatly not the last we have seen of Doomsday. I could go on and on and on, lol.

Yeah i pretty much agree

There is alot ifs they have left open that they 'could' do something with.

You could argue clark was not acting himself in the last seen and since he was told he would die that day nothing really changed that would of stopped that from happening. Where did Lois go? and whats happened to her. Was that young boy at the funeral actually the REAL jimmy since he is ment to be so much younger than everyone else. How the hell has Zod come from that orb since wasn't it made by Jor-El for humans to stop his son if he lost it. Definatly not the last we have seen of Doomsday. I could go on and on and on, lol.

Yeah, The smallville Jimmy isn't the 'real' Jimmy. It works out quite well with it being the little brother since Jimmy was always younger than the others and it kinda looked a little disjointed the way Smallville was portraying it.

Maybe we're suppose to interprate that Jor-El sees Zod as the one man to stop his son. Hope he does a better job than Lex did as him.

Yeah, The smallville Jimmy isn't the 'real' Jimmy. It works out quite well with it being the little brother since Jimmy was always younger than the others and it kinda looked a little disjointed the way Smallville was portraying it.

Maybe we're suppose to interprate that Jor-El sees Zod as the one man to stop his son. Hope he does a better job than Lex did as him.

Yeah it does make sence now how the smallville jimmy was used.

Haha, true! Yeah that would make sence, be interesting to see what role Kandor plays in it as well, unless that was just his bullshit to make Tess believe him and peak our attention.

I still don't believe Lex is actually dead either!

Should be plenty of stuff for them for work with then for next season! Lets hope they don't fuck it all up!!!

Yeah it does make sence now how the smallville jimmy was used.

Haha, true! Yeah that would make sence, be interesting to see what role Kandor plays in it as well, unless that was just his bullshit to make Tess believe him and peak our attention.

I still don't believe Lex is actually dead either!

Should be plenty of stuff for them for work with then for next season! Lets hope they don't fuck it all up!!!

Totally agree. I'm quite hopeful really. The new guys in charge have really re-invented the show, got it away from being just another teen drama.

Gossip Girl Season Finale - Goodbye Gossip Girl (Last half an hour)

Like a 30 minute orgasm. So many bombs dropped, it's hard where to start.

I love that Chuck finally said the three words Blair's been waiting for him to say since the first episode the season, and it was definitely a fitting ending. When it was revealed that Georgina is back for season 3, and staying in N.Y.U with Blair I had to restrain myself from screaming "Yeeeeeeees!". Literally, the best thing that could happen to the show.

Only thing that worries me is Blair becoming too nice, and losing that uberbitch side that makes her character so enjoyable to watch.

Finale time!

Gossip Girl - The Goodbye Gossip Girl

We're supposed to believe that Blair is living on campus next year? And that Michelle Trachtenberg is going to do two shows at once?

Umm otherwise...I couldn't help looking at Serena's breasts during this scene: http://www.gossipgirlinsider.com/images/gallery/serena-vd-dubs_340x414.jpg I'm not sure if its particularly pertinant but yeah.

The rest of it was kinda "yeah whatever" but in an enjoyable enough way. Drunk Nelly Yuki was fun.

How I Met Your Mother - The Leap

A nice enough conclusion. This year seems to be the year of not OTT endings. Barney and Robin finally confronted each other and agreed to go with the flow which is probably the best solution. Was weird seeing Cobie and Alyson go back to slimmer again as the finale was filmed a while ago.

Professor Mosby (and the verb "Mosby") makes sense, he's a pretencious tool afterall.

30 Rock - Kidney Now

Again, not a HUGE exit but amusing and satisfying. Particularly the exchange "its been one hell of a year" "...its May" And I suppose getting a dozen or so musicians on the show is a spectacle in itself

Desperate Housewives Finale

Dragged it out a bit. I think we all knew they wouldn't kill of a child (particularly as he outacts Teri Hatcher at times) but we are supposed to believe Susan, Dave and MJ took just as long to get to the lake as it did for Mike and Catherine to see them off, get ready, get to the aiport, check in, wait at the lounge for a while and then Mike chase after them?

Lame cliffhanger too, why would Karl be at the wedding if it was Catherine's? Umm other than this status quo really. Lynette having twins...again? Umm, abortion love? You hate having so many kids and you're willing to have two more. Sort it out yeah?

Wolverine & The X-Men Episodes 1-5

Interesting plot-wise, and a nice way to take the series. I like some of the character choices, and way they've handled them, but it's still been forced to be a Wolverine cartoon, which is a shame, as he's not exactly the core of the X-Men. And definitely not the leader. I like that there's an "explanation" for Cyclops not leading though.

The characterisation needs to be highlighted more...Iceman and Kity haven't done anything yet.

Like the story so far though.

Smallville Season Finale - didn't like it too much.....as mentioned before, they tried to fit too many things into one episode.....meh.

Lost Season Finale - Was ok.....haven't really been a fan of this season as a whole but finale was gooood.

One Tree Hill Season Finale - Loved this episode. Some may say it was too happy clappy but i lapped it up. Was close to tears.....i'm such a woman!

The Office Season Finale - good episode. That quote from charles to jim was joke! Ending was nice.

"Hi Charles, Hey Jim, It must be nice to get a rest from all your rest".

"I first met him in a shoe store, when he asked for a pair of shoes that could increase his speed without leaving footprints."

Not an exact quote... but still. Love the beets.

Posted it in the wrong thread so it's here now. Anyone else seen it?

Not news, but I was almost sick when I was watching The Biggest Loser. There is an endless list to why it is just fucking terrible, starting with the name of the programme - It's about people losing weight which I guess is kind of good but then they slap on this demeaning title that isn't even that good a pun, isn't necessary and is basically implying that the participants are losers. The only thing right about it is that the contestants are losers.

Because it's a mission documentary (Brooker *sigh* has covered it already) they deliberately choose a bunch of assholes to rip into because of their weight and they get them together to compete in a race, in essence, to see who can lose weight the fastest. It has the classic likeable presenter, that ITV also uses for GMTV, in order to explain some crappy rules that defy logic and reasoning, and she sees these fat people through a series of challenges that are designed to rile them up. The challenges would be relatively difficult for normal people but they make it sound like the big folk are incompetent at everything.

The show wouldn't be complete with the different mood-swings it sets about creating by using clichéd music to present the highs (which are actually just cleverly disguised as high points when in fact they've just synced some feel-good music to someone jerking off over the fact that they have carried some hay for a hunded metres) but also the 'lows' which are so over-the-top it's unreal. Someone faints and they treat is at though they have died, so they get the little interview quips from the other contenders where they are forced to say how worried they were at the fact that Miss Fatty had fallen over, despite not giving two shits and being fully aware of the health and safety crew that were behind them all the time.

To take me beyond hysterics the blobs started explaining what had happened as though I didn't have eyes to see it for myself. Well they should be told that we do have eyes and that we can also read the future seemingly because ITV 'spoil' what happens later before the ad-breaks anyway.

All this yet I've only just scratched the surface of the show.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!