Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

I knooooooow right! So awesome.

If it ended at season 7, I may actually destroy my television. I need my housewives fix.

I'm sad this series has ended. I want answers dammit!

It should never end, sorta like Coronation Street and Eastenders (except for DH is 10 times better :heh:)

And that Screenwipe link is great, watch it!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sad this series has ended. I want answers dammit!

It is sad we now have to wait till...when do we get our DH back?

I think Dave has been one of the best written characters I have seen for a long while. He's the bad guy, but I find myself really liking him and in a way feeling sorry for him. You can tell he generally feels bad for things he's done but also will go to great lengths to put his plans into motion. We don't know if it's his condition that makes him do these things or if he really is as evil as he may seem. I sure hope when we find out the answers they do not disappoint, it really can't be as simple as revenge surely?

It is sad we now have to wait till...when do we get our DH back?

I think Dave has been one of the best written characters I have seen for a long while. He's the bad guy, but I find myself really liking him and in a way feeling sorry for him. You can tell he generally feels bad for things he's done but also will go to great lengths to put his plans into motion. We don't know if it's his condition that makes him do these things or if he really is as evil as he may seem. I sure hope when we find out the answers they do not disappoint, it really can't be as simple as revenge surely?

Same here, I find myself hating Dave and liking him and feeling sorry for him at the same time, lol. It has to be revenge otherwise I don't think it could make sense.

Pushing Daisies - The Norweigans

Poor Vivian, such a sweet soul.

For what appears to be a rather innocent show there sure are some dirty jokes. A crack team of Norweigan PIs had a van with the license plate that read "Mother" and the side of the van said "Mobile Investigation Lab Facility. And this:

Norweigan: "He ate at this very establishment proving you two hobnobbed in the same circles."

Emerson: "Our nobs didn't hob, and certainly not in any circles."

3 episodes left :(

Summer Heights High

OMG I LOVE THIS!

"Like..I'd rather be a peadophile than a lesbian!"

"Everyone dress up as something Aids related, like a doctor or a nurse...or an african".

Just watching a second episode now, and love it more.

Have you watched the whole series? (In order?)

It's the best thing I've seen this year.

A clever comedy, something missing from most of the mainstream channels. A very insightful and of course funny and biting look at school life and the stereotypes found within! :yay:

But yeah, I finished the series today.

10/10

Seriously. Best comedy this year.

Just been watching an older episode of How I Met Your Mother (episode 12 in season 3) and I just realised that we see, possibly, Ted's wife. Didn't think anything of it until watching it just now when he said he had met her at the club and then he bumps into a woman just over half way through. That has to be her.

St Patricks Day?

I call red herring. They wouldn't just throw her in there and say "your mother was at that party" and then have an awkward moment when they bump into each other. Its too obvious. Its like having Stella later slip in that she went out on SPD. That random girl may be a clue/lead (ie she may know the mother) but I doubt it'll be that girl.

Okay/....I'll need to watch this.

It's just...amazing.

It's not even a comedy as such...it's a mockumentary. It's not like "audience laughs"/long pauses for laughs or anything.

It acted SO well. Unbelievable observation/representation of the types found at school.

I got fucking emotional in the final episode.

Rab C. Nesbitt Xmas Special

I really wasn't expecting much from this and I was rewarded with very little. While Rab still had some of his original character, he had lost a lot of it to the quitting of the drink. He still has it as was seen when he had a drink but it just wasn't to the same level as the originals. The bit with him lying on the dinner table and Mary et al walking in was brilliant though.

Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special

Christmas special to perfection? A fantastic show. Amongst the shows many outstanding points, the gestural acting is paramount. Simply massive awesomez.

9/10

It was pretty good, much better than the final 2 episode's from series 2 that were on Monday night. :shakehead

Dr Who : The Next Doctor

It started off well but once the mystery surrounding David Morrissey's character was revealed it lost momentum. The weakest 'Who' Christmas special.

Wallace & Gromit : A Matter of Loaf and Death

Hillarious! Well worth the wait. Beautifully animated, a nice story, great lines and puns, and plenty of hidden jokes in the background.

Entourage - Seasons Three-Five

Good mindless entertainment. They're all so self-centred and 'head-in-the-sand'...ish but its fun to watch, if not alone for all the random cameos. My favourite is probably Kanye West who just randomly appears and provides a much needed airplane. As I'd imagine he does all the time in real life. Oh and Seth Green in which he portrays a more jackass (I'd imagine anyway) version of himself.

Wallace and Gromit: A Matter of Loaf and Death

Excellent, A very much welcome return. A great story and everything. :)

5 and a Half Bears out of 7.

Hannah Montana Season 1 Episodes 24-26.

The Idol Side of Me.

It was alright. I'm not a fan of the fat neighbour he is just annoying. Too much of him is not a good thing and I'm not a fan of Amber. :)

3 Bears out of 7.

Smells Like Teen Sell out.

Episode was win. Some good stuff, made me laugh a fair bit. Especially the start which took the mickey out of Perfume adds. Also the part where she laughs when she lies.

4 and a half Bears out of 7.

Bad Moose Rising.

The final episode of season 1 was alright but the whole episode lead to Miley dressed up as a Moose which was for some reason hilarious. :D (odd sense of humour!)

4 Bears out of 7

Battlestar Galactica Season Three

I'm so glad that Kara isn't actually dead. I kept thinking "she can't be, she can't be", to have such a revealing episode and then to basically burn up so...unceremoniously. But I did not expect her to say that.

And then the cylon reveal. I suspected it considering the whole thing running through the last two episodes but it was still shocking. What the fuck is going to happen now?

Urgh I said to myself I wouldn't start season four for a few days but im tempted to stay up for 7 and a half hours to watch it now.

Battlestar Galactica Season One

Not what I was expecting, and far more visceral and gripping than a lot of stuff out there. It's like Lost set in space.

The political/media stuff near the end had me groaning, though. Mostly because the thought of such human beings still being around when humanity is on its last legs is rather upsetting. The last five minutes of the last episodes was, of course, completely unexpected. I am pretty glad i have some season 2 to get on with.

One gripe I have is that bit at the beginning of each episode where they show flashes of the coming episode. It never gives anything massive away, but I just find it unnecessary for the viewers like me who know that the episode is going to be at worst good. I always look away/skip it.

Battlestar Galactica Season One

Not what I was expecting, and far more visceral and gripping than a lot of stuff out there. It's like Lost set in space.

The political/media stuff near the end had me groaning, though. Mostly because the thought of such human beings still being around when humanity is on its last legs is rather upsetting. The last five minutes of the last episodes was, of course, completely unexpected. I am pretty glad i have some season 2 to get on with.

One gripe I have is that bit at the beginning of each episode where they show flashes of the coming episode. It never gives anything massive away, but I just find it unnecessary for the viewers like me who know that the episode is going to be at worst good. I always look away/skip it.

Read an essay (argument? whatever you wish to call it) and they were commending the show for actually having a media. Considering how media-saturated we are they argued that shows like Star Trek which feature no (or little) media are strange because surely as we advance we suddenly be like "hey, we don't actually need news, information and entertainment!" And out of 50,000 (or whatever the figure is) people surely some of them are going to be scummy media people. Oh and that was another point; the media that would have survived would have been the bottom of the barrell. The journalists who get sent to fluff pieces such as "Old Battlestar Turned Into Museum", which coincidentally saved their lives.

And I like the flashes of whats to come, particularly how they time it so well with the music.

Read an essay (argument? whatever you wish to call it) and they were commending the show for actually having a media. Considering how media-saturated we are they argued that shows like Star Trek which feature no (or little) media are strange because surely as we advance we suddenly be like "hey, we don't actually need news, information and entertainment!" And out of 50,000 (or whatever the figure is) people surely some of them are going to be scummy media people. Oh and that was another point; the media that would have survived would have been the bottom of the barrell. The journalists who get sent to fluff pieces such as "Old Battlestar Turned Into Museum", which coincidentally saved their lives.

And I like the flashes of whats to come, particularly how they time it so well with the music.

For sure, that's an entirely valid argument, and I think you're right that the general character worth in star trek is, comparatively, pretty sterile. It's just that when you have a character that will do nothing but fuck things up... well perhaps it is a true reflection on reality, but it always pains me to think that stupidity can so easily trump nobility and heroism. I cannot feel any sympathy for characters like the media dude (or the producer character on Dead Set) because I only see that one side to them. But I do like that idea that those that survive will be the ones on the fringe of the networks, it does make sense - although my crooked eye has always observed how the scum floats to the top, sucking up and treading down, while the 'honest' reporter gets stuck in the dead-end jobs.

I'm just arguing for arguments sake, mostly. The team behind BSG are brilliant and creating a universe where there is so much potential for suspense with the ceaseless 'chase' that goes on. I'm sure things will change and evolve as the seasons progress, so I look forward to it! Gleee...

Shooting Stars

God that was classy/classic wasn't it. Brill. Hilights a plenty, but I loved "cabbage patch"

8.5/10

OOVAVOO! Yeah was great!

But where was the pub singer round?!!

and a good old dance moment such as...

Is it a new series, or was that just a one off? also Jack Dee was great!

The Three Tenors

This was a concert filmed in 1990 in Rome, just so good. Carreras, Domingo and Pavarotti belting out some classical tuuuunes. The Nessun Dorma right at the end had my hairs standing on end and eyes watering, just brilliant.

10/10

[/Loser. Don't care. :D]

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!