N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffy Season 5 bits;

Anya, playing Game of Life;

"Crap! Look at me now! I'm burdened with a mortgage and a husband and 3 tiny pink children, and more money than I can reasonably manage..."

"..That means you're winning. Cash = Good"

"Really? Ooh, I'm so pleased! Can I trade in the children for more cash?"

Skins- Season Four

Appauling. The worst Skins series ever. There was one or two I liked (JJ's episode comes to mind) but it was so depressing and gloomy. Cheer it up a bit!

2/10

Makes it sound as if Skins at any point was half-decent!

"Why would a man who's famous and makes tonnes of money use that to have sex with lots of different women?" .... "we have a turd in the punchbowl"

South Park Season 14 Episode 1. Great episode. :)

Decided I'm just going to live my life in worship of Anya from Buffy. Everything she does and says makes me laugh. Watching Once More With Feeling for the first time and had to pause as I was in hysterics over her verse about bunnies in I Got A Theory.

I need to make a shrine or something. She's my greatest joy.

Makes it sound as if Skins at any point was half-decent!

Well, it was in the past quite decent so ya know.

Anyway, agreed with Dudeazz. All mopemopewhingewingenoonecaresnoonecares.

Implausible ending ftw too, hey, I'm going to Harvard with my one C at alevel!! Hey cool so am I, I didn't go to school but I'm ok at running!

Will I bother watching the next series? Who knows!

Well, it was in the past quite decent so ya know.

Anyway, agreed with Dudeazz. All mopemopewhingewingenoonecaresnoonecares.

Implausible ending ftw too, hey, I'm going to Harvard with my one C at alevel!! Hey cool so am I, I didn't go to school but I'm ok at running!

Will I bother watching the next series? Who knows!

Agreed. I just watched series 1 recently and to my surprise it was quite well written, the story and the characters had some depth to them. I was expecting it to be completely superficial from the advertising.

Another thing I hated about the new season was the way it ended. I was kind of expecting something gripping but in the end I was like "I seriously do not care!". Skins has gone down the pan since Season 2 tbh. Don't get me wrong, Season 3 was decent but the old cast were much better.

Apparently this season was supposed to be gripping and have you in shock and stuff but it worked the opposite for me. All they did was either cry, moan, feel sorry for themselves or party and beat someone up. The first two seasons were fun and had some great funny scenes in it but this was just boring. Also, the characters are quite crap too, the only decent one is JJ, Cook isn't bad but he's annoying most of the time.

I'm loving the newest (and by that I mean Season 5 on ITV4 FINALLY being broadcast) of the US Office. The dinner party episode alone has made the series worth watching so 5/5 for that one.

South Park was a bit 3/5 had some good bits, not classic yet.

Glee is still camp as ever. 4/5

Some stuff I'm currently watching.

Chuck

The new direction is different, which is good. And they're managing to make it more serious without destroying the comedy.

Castle

The latest episode was the best. The series is usually built from entertaining one-off episodes, but this show really suits it.

Fringe

The episodes are still interesting. But when a show completely forgets about threats that could destroy the world (introduced at the end of season one/first episode of season two) and resort to loads of one-off episodes, then something is wrong. Before they aired the second half of season two they showed an unaired episode from season one - due to the lack of plot and character development they could have gotten away with shoving it in season two.

Caprica

It's just got going...and it's stopped for a while. I love the show and the characters (as well as the complete lack of a "hero") but it has been really slow. Now that everything it should be great when it's back.

Human Target

It's not really great at anything, but it's still fairly interesting to watch.

Friday Night With Jonathan Ross

I don't usually watch this, but Matt Smith was on. However, the star of this one was Brian Cox. He's a much smarter version of me.

Where are you at with Fringe? I found s02 to be quite strong in general, but I've let season 3 slip a fair bit.

I'm currently on episode 14 of season 2, so I'm one episode behind. It's still generally good, but the character development seems to be reset at the end of each episode and they haven't furthered the plot in a while.

Angel Season 1, Eps 1-5

Really enjoying it so far. I like the set-up, very different to Buffy. Episodic in a good way. And I actively like Angel, as opposed to hating him in Buffy. God that whole thing was so unappealing. Twilight-esque. Though it came before. (and was still better)

I loved Rm w/a Vu. Cordelia is awesome.

"I'm not a sniveling, whiny, little Cry-Buffy. I'm the nastiest girl in Sunnydale history. I take crap from no one!"

"Back off, Polygrip! You think you're bad? All mean and haunty? Picking on poor, pathetic Cordy? Well, get ready to haul your wrinkly, translucent ass out of this place, 'cause lady...

The bitch is back. "

Had a reaction akin to the same line in Aliens. (With less clapping though)

Yeah, I was toying with the idea of watching in concurrently (i.e in the correct timeline) with Buffy, but I decided I wanted to finish Buffy first then focus on Angie.

In some respects it's annoying that I know that characters will appear (based on info from Buffy), but I deal. (I.e Dru, Harmony, Darla - huh? Guess I'll find out)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!