N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 2, up to Some Must Watch, While Some Must Sleep

Loving, though I hate filler. Even though it's good quality, it feels so needless. The whole of Some Must Watch... felt so been there, done that. Pretty sure the exact plot is a staple of action show filler. I saw the same on Buffy a while ago. Obviously the twist at the end was important and like leaves with questions as to Sarah in general, but I'm so bored of shite ideas otherwise.

The other filler one with Cameron and the library guy felt more jokey cause it was actually entertaining.

I'm dubious as to why they don't talk about the fact they've seen what they think is a UFO, and no one cares that Riley is missing. (P.s I like that she's from the future. P.P.S I'm so wary of Jessie. I predict a riot)

Most of all I'm glad some connections are finally being made between ShirleyMansonCorp and the main story. Felt like 2 different stories for so long. I've grown acustomed to Shirley's horrible voice, realising it's cause she's a cyborg and stuff.

So happy when she wasted the entire warehouse. Very Terminator (the movies). That was so brilliant, that shot in the bathroom, first focusing on the urinal, making you think "Oh nosy! Here she comes again, Urinalqueenbot!", then the mirror, literally lingering on it after the guy left for too long, leaving us dry. Then she's just outside being great with razor sharp nails. Not even bothering to shapeshift, knowing that people will be more stunned to be killed by the lead singer of Garbage.

weaver-shirley-manson-terminator-sarah-connor-chronicles.jpg

You burned me out but I'm back at your door

Like Joan of Arc coming back for more

Edited by Paj!

Screenwipe was spectacular this week

'Or young and sexy

Or gray and boring

Or Scottish and Boring'

'even when politicians merely try and drum up support they come across as a weird cult'

Brillz

I disagree, worst one ever for Brooker. Tried to be more historical than satirical. The only good part was Doug Stanhope.

Desperate Housewives Season 2

Bree going mental at the funeral. :heart:

Bree with a shot gun. :heart:

Bree drinking. :heart:

Bree Slapping. :heart:

Bree Losing it. :heart:

Bree with Dishevelled hair. :heart:

Bree escaping :heart:

Bree staring down the barrel of a loaded gun. :heart:

The rest was also good. :p

The main mystery was weak but Gabrielle's storyline stepped up this season. :)

Plus I love how it slowly places plot points for the next season such as Orson and how everything isn't really wrapped up at the end.

The Simpsons Boy Meets Curl

Fun. :grin: There were some great jokes thrown in. Lisa's subplot was okay but we've seen here get addicted before on many different things but at least it was resolved in the bizarre russian pin badge way!

Characters were well developed and it didn't go down the usual route or a homer/marge break up thing. Only thing is that Agnes was pregnant with Seymour which contradicts a Season 9 episode but then they don't usually go for continuity!

Also I was half asleep watching it.

8/10

Brothers and Sisters latest ep.

Nothing much as usual, just lovely people living lovely lives in lovely L.A suburbs dealing with their problems.

I'm terrified for Holly. The midnight society (reference for Chair) just outwitted her and hit her for 4.

Big Love - Under One Roof

Oh show, how I love thee and all the emotional drama you throw at me/the characters. Seriously, the scene with Nikki's 80's look, the secrets spilling out of Ana and how it provoked Barb, Lois' trip to Mexico, Alby's stuff and JJ and Wanda's creepy parents (every time their dad spoke it actually caused me to shudder, he is so fucking unsettling). Its intense.

I love Dale and his storyline. I think atheists (or at least the ones I know) are too quick to write off/dismiss religion as trivial and harmful shit but the force and resonance it has in some people is so powerful and so fascinating.

Paj I think you'd really like this show actually. Its like a film each episode. In fact I would gladly devote a long weekend to watching all four seasons. It would only take me 43 hours. Do-able.

I'd be afraid I'd catch the permanent cold she has that makes her voice so horrible and look like she's about to drip snot everywhere.

Paj I think you'd really like this show actually. Its like a film each episode. In fact I would gladly devote a long weekend to watching all four seasons. It would only take me 43 hours. Do-able.

I saw the opening titles once (probs a link from you) and was stunned. It's on my list. I've now finished Terminator, still doing HIMYM, obviously...what else? Oh, Twin Peaks season 2 is finalyl coming out soon. :p But yeah. I will get on it soon.

It is stunning, quite literally.

DudeDazz: Yeah, really :P Ash said something about some sort of confirmation

More confirmation!

Interview with Julie Benz:

So, let's set the record straight! Is Rita dead or not?

Rita's dead. She's long gone. I mean, when you lose that much blood, I don't think there's any hope for survival. What do you think?

Yeah, I wouldn't think so. I reviewed that last episode and, oh my gosh, I can't believe all the people still leaving comments on that post. A lot of them are saying it's a dream sequence. Are you getting that a lot from people? They're like, "Oh, it doesn't add up."

I'm getting people begging me to tell them it was dream sequence. I'm like, "I hate to tell you this, but it's true. It's real. Rita died and I'm dead." I would love it to be a dream sequence, but I'm released from my contract now. So, it wasn't a dream sequence.

Edited by Ashley

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!