Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

Alas, March has gone and so did my Men Behaving Badly month as well. Never finished watching them all, got as far as last orders which i am saving for Sunday. Anyway, April now and here is my choice for this month

Home Improvement

Watched the first series, brilliant is all i can say. This is more of an introduction to the Taylor family and Tool Time, Home Improvement only gets funnier from here. 9/10

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class doesn't even begin to describe it. :D

Probably my favourite show. Up there with Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Battlestar Galactica at the very least.

Hey, don't even put it in the same boat as Bullshit Galactica! Or MST3000... but MST3000 is actually quite nice, so, yeah. Arrested Development must only be compared to other masterpieces... like The Wire... Six Feet Under... Scrubs... Curb Your Enthusiasm... Band Of Brothers... Twin Peaks... Freaks And Geeks. You know... good stuff. Or, if you really must compare it to Sci-Fi, SG1.

Wait... Shit, I just confused BSG with Babylon 5. BSG is quite good, actually. Sorry for any miscalculations.

Freaks And Geeks and Scrubs don't come close to Twin Peaks, Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm, Oxigen. I haven't seen much of the others so I cannot comment. Although Freaks And Geeks is good fun, it has nothing on the twisted horror and comedy of Twin Peaks or the time fuck documentary style of Arrested Development, or the complex narrative etiquette of Curb.

And I won't even get started on why Scrubs doesn't count.

Freaks And Geeks and Scrubs don't come close to Twin Peaks, Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm, Oxigen. I haven't seen much of the others so I cannot comment. Although Freaks And Geeks is good fun, it has nothing on the twisted horror and comedy of Twin Peaks or the time fuck documentary style of Arrested Development, or the complex narrative etiquette of Curb.

Feaks and Geeks doesn't what? :wtf: It has Carlos, the dwarf! :(

Please do. This can be an interesting discussion.

Heh, I'll second that

Meanwhile, Battlestar Galactica, Season 4 e1

Been wanting to watch this for a while, figured id start now. I Watched the 10 minute catchup thingy which unsurprisingly didn't exactly make everything crystal clear.

Anyway, despite being confusing, it was so gut!! Is this the usual standard??

SO it turns out I did watch the last of Veronica Mars[/i] season 3. Despite teh abrupt ending, there were several episodes -- as Ashley will testify -- where I was literally "OHMAGODD!", always a plus :) I wasn't a fan of the rape storyline that kicked it off, considering the season before was concentrated on a school-bus full of kids and even had an episode about rape at Hearst Uni, but the other arcs that came into focus half-way and 3/4 through the third season were mighty fine. New characters were introduced fairly well, and old characters maintained their presence (I just might be a fan of Dick. I'm hoping that isn't going to be quoted out of context...), and most of all the promise for the subsequent season was absolutely kick-ass awesome.

I think overall this might be one of the stronger seasons, but it took its time to get there. I've seen a 25-minute presentation taht they made to demonstrate how season 4 would've been, and even though I did find that itself a bit poor, my own imagination of veronica with gun instead of taser -- and, actually, perhaps her following the massive lead she picked up at the end of S03 made me think goddamn stupid sonsofbitches you really shouldn't have ended the show! It just did not feel like it had peaked yet.

In other news; TV series I really want to watch;

Sopranos, Jericho, dead like me, Pushing Daisy, chuck, californication (sue me)...

Shows I recommend; Veronica Mars, Carnivale, Deadwood, Six Feet Under, 4400.

And I really really need to see season 2 of x-files now. Please.

I just might be a fan of Dick.

------

E.R

I think it's series 14 now? Yeah it is. I love E.R. I feel like I know lal the characters.

Abby was annoying me with her unwillingnes to help, but hopefully her sprial into her life unravelling has ended. I'm interested to see what will happen between Sam and Abby, as Sam looked fucked off after Abby told everyone about her alcoholism. I don't get the weird love square between Gates, Sam, the chaplain and the Sam's BF.

Parminder Nagra is always FTW, of course.

7/10

Wow, Chuck is still going? I saw the first episode and liked it, but I assumed it would be the kind of show that wouldn't even make it to five episodes so didn't get invested in it.

It did fairly well in the ratings. A suprise hit as they say.

Sopranos Season One

FINALLY gotten around to beginning this. Plenty of cultural references (though perhaps a bit too 80's/90's for your taste, Ashley?) and quirky little moments of black humour I found myself laughing out loud. Some seriously good acting, and storylines where for once you can't see exactly what's happening next - and the characters are insane. Literally, the mother is one piece of work...

Lots of boobies too, if that'll swing it for ya. The 'cliff-hanger' isn't too serious this time, just basically an outline of some character's new perspectives, but that's ok. I might just go buy season 2 someplace, because I'm a fool like that.

why the fuck do I bother scoring/10

Arrested Development

I would kill anybody to get this on DVD. This show is just class.

10/10

Step A) Enter Zavvi

Step 2) Locate DVD section

Step 5) Find Arrested Development

Step C) Leave shop. Payment optional.

Step D) If options 1-5 do not work then search online for buy.

Veronica Mars - Season 2

Nice to watch this through again, havent seen season 2 in a while and its good. Probably prefer the first season I think but there you go. The bus crash mystery didnt seem as good as the murder from 1.

8.5/10

I agree, the bus crash mystery wasn't as good but elements of S2 made it special. Logan and Veronica's screwed up-ness was entertaining. Charisma Carpenter was wonderful. The Casablancas brothers etc. Although it lacked Lilly.

May watch some of season two later, been a while since I've watched some.

And related (brownie points for those who guess how) watched the episode of Arrested Development where they have the baseball game. I like how that episode started something that lasted right through the rest of the show (Meabe's film career).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!