N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Yeah, just weird comments on here. I just don't understand what the Vita is offering really. One game has been released since launch, not many coming up. I think Sony need an amazing Vita E3 personally or they're in absolutely dire trouble (more than they already are). It is selling so badly, it needs lots of amazing software!!

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed out mortal kombat (the game I'm most looking forward to). Gravity rush looks great and resistance has some potential, but other than that I don't think it's amazing. You don't think launch til the autumn it'll have had an impressive release of games do you? I'm more interested in what's coming out for the PSN, and I still have motostorm DLC and mustn't blobs to get (ordered £60s worth of store credit), but I just think for the sake of the system it needs more. I'd be interested to know how it's doing even compared to the psp, much worse I imagine. I obviously want that to change

I think there's a steady stream of titles for it, more than any other console out, tbh. And as for how well it's selling, I couldn't care any less as long as I'm enjoying the games, which I am.

It's not like there's nothing coming out for it. I picked up that free paint app today and Pure Chess. That'll keep me happy for...well it's a chess game, it's pretty timeless. :heh: But last week I grabbed StarDrone for like £3 off PSN and that's pretty enjoyable. Kind of a weird game, almost like a cross between pinball and Cut the Rope.

And I still haven't picked up Uncharted. Or completed Motorstorm or Wipeout. Or 100% MBA. Or picked up Virtua Tennis and FIFA.

Yeah, couldn't be happier, really. Might pick up Mortal Kombat, too.

Sony have the studios and there are plenty of games in the pipeline. We don't have everything confirmed but I'm not worried. Maybe because I'm enjoying it right now. Really looking forward to Lego Batman and Persona 4 though, now I think of it.

Yeah I'm just hoping they have a great E3, they're not going to announce the PS4 so hopefully VITA will be their big focus.

As for sales, I guess the thing is that the more poor it does the less support it will get, so I want it to do well so we get more games.

I'm definitely picking up Uncharted as soon as I've finished U3. Wipeout will get the extra content soon too which will be good and HOPEFULLY add in multiplayer support, which will give that a new lease of life. Does Mortal Kombat have multiplayer? I presume it does.

I'll be kept busy with it, but it doesn't feel like there's loads of titles for it, though maybe it will have an incredible lineup in the autumn/christmas period.

Yeah, MK does have multiplayer. So does Resistance, which should be fun.

The lead up times to games being announced and released on PSN seems to be ridiculously short. Like StarDrone and Pure Chess just came out of nowhere, I'm sure there'll be more of those. Also there are an absolute butload of Minis and PSP games to play. Both God of War games just got reduced to £6.99, so did Patapon 3.

In fact, a load of great PSP games got reduced on Wednesday.

SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3

* Was: €39.99/£24.99/AUD $59.95

* Now: €7.99/£6.99/AUD $11.95

Jungle Party

* Was: €29.99/£24.99/AUD $49.95

White Knight Chronicles Origins

* Was: €29.99/£24.99/AUD $49.95

Patapon 3

* Was: €26.99/£16.99/AUD $44.95

Echoshift

* Was: €19.99/£15.99/AUD $29.95

Gangs of London

God of War: Chains of Olympus

God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Gran Turismo

Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier

Killzone: Liberation

LittleBigPlanet

Resistance: Retribution

Syphon Filter Dark Mirror

Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow

Key Of Heaven

Glad I didn't pick up LBP PSP a couple weeks ago.

Speaking of multiplayer, the massive problem I encountered in Virtua Tennis' online mode was that if you pressed the PS button (to check your message or anything) then the game you were playing would be logged out of PSN.

Speaking of multiplayer, the massive problem I encountered in Virtua Tennis' online mode was that if you pressed the PS button (to check your message or anything) then the game you were playing would be logged out of PSN.

God that's dumb takes us back to the days before in game XMB.

That's the same for ALL vita stuff though isn't it? Yeah wound me up to. Almost ruined it!

Some crazy reductions there @Daft, may check them out!

Why not spend some more bucks and get them with the GoW Collection Volume 2 for PS3? Has HD and trophies :)

Yeah, dunno. Can't really make my mind up. Not sure I'm in the mood to play it on PS3 or just crash in bed and play. Is the HD version much different?

Yeah, dunno. Can't really make my mind up. Not sure I'm in the mood to play it on PS3 or just crash in bed and play. Is the HD version much different?

To be honest, I don't have Volume 2 and I've never played the PSP games. :D But I loved GoW 1+2 in HD and with trophies so I will definitely get the PS3 version some time.

I'm still waiting on the announcement that the PSVita will be able to stream PS3 games...

http://playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com/ (PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale) has been registered by Sony. It is likely to do with an old rumour about a Smash Bros-like project with Sony franchises.

It's supposedly due to be officially announced on Thursday.

I do hope it's like Smash Bros. and not a 1-on-1 type fighter.

Of course it'll be like Smash Bros. It'll be exactly like Smash Bros. When Sony copy, they do it precisely!

Why is it? Is my statement not true?! Do you not think it'll be exactly like Smash Bros?

You're so quick to cast that supposedly insulting phrase about, but you're such a hypocrite, your love and defence of Sony is equally as bad. Difference is I don't see anything wrong with that, you like their games, you like what they do, great. God forbid anyone disagreeing with you though.

Also the difference is I have and play the Wii, PS3, 3DS and Vita all pretty frequently. You can't say the same.

Why is it? Is my statement not true?! Do you not think it'll be exactly like Smash Bros?

You're so quick to cast that supposedly insulting phrase about, but you're such a hypocrite, your love and defence of Sony is equally as bad. Difference is I don't see anything wrong with that, you like their games, you like what they do, great. God forbid anyone disagreeing with you though.

Also the difference is I have and play the Wii, PS3, 3DS and Vita all pretty frequently. You can't say the same.

You haven't even seen the game and you're the one whose made the assumption. How exactly do you think you can take the 'moral' high ground here?

Yeah, I love Sony (although not blindly, see Uncharted 3 thread for how badly they cunted up that and actually I've made it clear a load of times how utterly retarded SCEE are - Sony's strategy in the UK has been diabolically bad) but I've always made it clear my opinions of Nintendo (because I have none of Microsoft) are my own. And I don't go into the Wii boards and make them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this generation I've cycled through all three companies as my choice of console. Because at certain times they offered me exactly what I wanted. I have very little company loyalty. As soon as Sony stop doing what I want, they'll lose my buck (I didn't buy a PSP last gen because they were shit. I loved my DS). And for now they are moving in the direction I want gaming to go. Not Nintendo - with they lame infrastructure and piss poor gaming narrative. Not Microsoft - with their emphasis shifted to general entertainment and Kinect. Sony.

Also, having all those consoles means nothing. I don't have time waste playing everything.

How about this, I've worked for all three companies and you haven't. That's the difference between you and me. And it makes very little difference.

Basically, cork it. You made that comment in the Playstation thread knowing it was a troll. What else could it be.

Edited by Daft

What's the best id to have in the signature(like the one I have below). The one I have hasn't updated since I signed up and that was weeks ago.

I think you have to keep signing in to get the thing to update. I used to use this one as it updates automatically.

http://www.lusogamer.com/gamercards/psn

Hero-of-Time.png

You can use many other backgrounds, I always just used the default one. Man, i've been stuck on 99% for ages now. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time