Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Downloaded the Jak and Daxter trilogy off PSN. Had great fun with them when I borrowed 2 and 3 from a friend many years ago. 9th, 10th and 11th platinum here I come :D

I picked it up last week and played the hell out of Jak 1. I loved that game to bits back in the day and it has held up nicely. I was never keen on Jak Theft Auto 2 and 3. The game had changed too much and I didn't care much for the open world setting, hence me not playing either one of them yet. Daxter on the PSP was better than Jak 2 and 3, IMO.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Journey releases March 9th (in the US at least)

Eurogamer gave it a 9/10.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-01-journey-review

Not that I'm going to read any reviews. Looking forward to it. It's probably going to cost £9.99 or something stupid though considering it's $14.99 US.

I read their review once you've played the game I cannot recommend reading the review higher, without sounding dumb it's defintely one of the best reviews I've ever read. One thing worth nothing is restraints or whatever on reviews mean for the most part there aren't meant to be spoilers beyond whats been shown in public and in the beta. I cannot wait to play it, the Journey Beta was the last game I played before my old PS3 kicked the bucket.

Does anyone know if Chrono Cross is available on the PSN in the UK? Would love to have a copy of that when PSone support is inevitably announced for Vita.

Unfortunately not.

Can you create a US account, buy a cash card from say VGP and then download titles like Chrono Cross and Parasite Eve? Ive been wanting to play both these for an age.

Unfortunately not.

Can you create a US account, buy a cash card from say VGP and then download titles like Chrono Cross and Parasite Eve? Ive been wanting to play both these for an age.

Just last week I bought a ten dollar PSN card off eBay and bought Chrono Cross off the uS store. It's priced at exactly $9.99 which is handy.

Exciting to the Vita guys you will need to do some kind of reset to log in on a different PSN account although you don't lose any saves/data.

Sony were always reluctant to bring out CC in Europe, they pretty much haven't translated it a far as I know into European languages so I'm not sure if they'd bother releasing it here.

Fuck that, this is Chrono Cross we're talking about so it deserves your full attention. Simply create a new user on your PS3 (left most on XMB), then go to network and tell it you want to create a new account and that you're from USA. Easy as pie.

To be fair, it's the sequel to my favourite game, and I've played it before on the PSone. Just not for a very very long time. Hell, I can still play Radical Dreamers on guitar after all these years.

Also; I don't have a PS3, just a Vita I'm afraid. I would absolutely love a portable version of that game. Just pop it out anywhere and lose myself in nostalgia.

Start your Journey early. :D

If IGN's review of Journey got you all hot and bothered but the idea of waiting until the game's March 13th release date sounds like torture, Sony is coming to the rescue. Next week, PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to download Journey along with a bonus dynamic theme. There's no price break, but you are getting the title a week early. If you're not a PlayStation Plus member, you can still preorder the game off the PlayStation Store and get the same theme.

Hopefully this applies to the Euro store aswell.

Hahahahaha.

Anyway, I'm getting this weird itch to play a JRPG (preferrably FFXII). It's like the urge I get every few months to binge on Doritos and Cake and Pepsi and then throw up everywhere, but I can't be bothered boot up my PS2 and deal with SD graphics.

The PSN would really benefit from an equivalent of Xbox Originals, where they just put that shit up for digital download.

Hahahahaha.

Anyway, I'm getting this weird itch to play a JRPG (preferrably FFXII). It's like the urge I get every few months to binge on Doritos and Cake and Pepsi and then throw up everywhere, but I can't be bothered boot up my PS2 and deal with SD graphics.

The PSN would really benefit from an equivalent of Xbox Originals, where they just put that shit up for digital download.

Wait they do...they just released PS2 "Classics" I use classics loosely as there isn't much on there yet worth playing.

Disgaea isn't the same though; everything other than the tactical aspects are just ancilliary trappings. I just want a really cheesy Japanese story full of androgeny, big swords and poofy hair, and a battle system that's actually engaging. I'm in the mood.

Wait they do...they just released PS2 "Classics" I use classics loosely as there isn't much on there yet worth playing.

Is there much chance they're going to be available on Vita? (I assume not, considering the Vita has fewer buttons)

Disgaea isn't the same though; everything other than the tactical aspects are just ancilliary trappings. I just want a really cheesy Japanese story full of androgeny, big swords and poofy hair, and a battle system that's actually engaging. I'm in the mood.

Is there much chance they're going to be available on Vita? (I assume not, considering the Vita has fewer buttons)

They did recently come out and say they had no immediate plans to bring PS2 classics to the Vita but I don't think the reasoning is the lack of buttons they already demoed Killzone 3 don't think its in the works more an exmaple of how it could work) as an example of remote playing. They did this using the rear touchpad with the missing buttons mapped to it. I think its more a case of they are doing this via software emulation and are more focussed on building up this library on PS3 than also having to worry about emulation running smoothly on Vita too.