Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Learn to read mate...from the article you referenced...

So therefore disproving what you've been saying that hardware faults don't influence software faults.... when you said Yes because software crashing is a hardware issue...

I'm not saying all software faults are caused by hardware but it sure as hell can happen and I don't appreciate you treating me like I'm dumb as a result of your flawed logic.

What are you on about?

The wikipedia article only reaffirms my point. No need to go on a crazy hysterical rant over nothing. Peace.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

So you basically just proved him right.

Since he originally said:

Are you for real?! Obviously a hardware fault can cause software crashes?

and your link states:

Stop errors are hardware or driver related, causing the computer to stop responding in order to prevent damage to the hardware or data.
Blue screens are typically caused by software errors in device drivers

Not very switched on, are you?

P.S. everyone here thinks you're talking out of your arse. So you may as well save yourself time here and go make a coffee instead.

What are you on about?

The wikipedia article only reaffirms my point. No need to go on a crazy hysterical rant over nothing. Peace.

You said that hardware faults don't cause software crashes...the blue screen of death is the ultimate proof the parts I quoted demonstrate how dodgey hardware can cause a software crash....The wikipedia article doesn't reaffirm your point at all....I'm hardly being hysterical. Just sick of you speaking with this air of superiority like everyone else is dumb.

Thank @Sheikah reassuring to know I'm not talking shit.

So you basically just proved him right.

Since he originally said:

and your link states:

Not very switched on, are you?

I dont really care if you want to selectively quote and discard the commas to prove your point :indeed: and win some silly argument on the internet. Windows blue screen was so common everyone had them, even through official MS patches.

<Mike1988uk enters the brawl>

I dont really care if you want to selectively quote and discard the commas to prove your point :indeed: and win some silly argument on the internet. Windows blue screen was so common everyone had them, even through official MS patches.

Choze no-one is disputing that they were common, @flameboy was just stating that hardware faults can cause software crashes which you stated isn't correct by using that article but the article says that they can cause them as well as many other reasons.

Also telling @Happenstance to grow up and calling flameboy a 5 year old isn't very nice and not a very mature thing to do to lower to basic insults.

Edited by Mike1988uk

You said that hardware faults don't cause software crashes...the blue screen of death is the ultimate proof the parts I quoted demonstrate how dodgey hardware can cause a software crash....The wikipedia article doesn't reaffirm your point at all....I'm hardly being hysterical. Just sick of you speaking with this air of superiority like everyone else is dumb.

Thank @Sheikah reassuring to know I'm not talking shit.

You seem to be going through alot of hoops in order to to make something up. Save the theatrics.

The only conclusion is that if a PS3 does do a file system restore its not a definitive indicator for any hardware issue. It can happen. It may not. As its a standard feature in newer firmware bloat, people will become more familiar with it. I've had crashes in GT5 to Uncharted 3 to Battlefield 3 causing this.

You seem to be going through alot of hoops in order to to make something up. Save the theatrics.

The only conclusion is that if a PS3 does do a file system restore its not a definitive indicator for any hardware issue. It can happen. It may not. As its a standard feature in newer firmware bloat, people will become more familiar with it. I've had crashes in GT5 to Uncharted 3 to Battlefield 3 causing this.

Don't quite know what hoops I am jumping through or where the theatrics are coming from certainly not here....

Classic.

What you say never makes sense, but this time even more so. You refuse to follow your own original line of argument since you know you're quite simply talking bollocks. You tried to say flameboy was wrong when he said hardware issues can cause software problems. Cue you posting a link that then proves you wrong.

Out of interest, why do you continue to be a part of a community where nobody values a single one of your posts?

Classic.

What you say never makes sense, but this time even more so. You refuse to follow your own original line of argument since you know you're quite simply talking bollocks. You tried to say flameboy was wrong when he said hardware issues can cause software problems. Cue you posting a link that then proves you wrong.

Out of interest, why do you continue to be a part of a community where nobody values a single one of your posts?

When in doubt just make stuff up... I think it has more to do with the fact you are being silly, peddling all this blue screen nonsense considering the issue was about someone's PS3.

My advice is 'relax'. I am not wasting any more time on this stupidity over nothing.

Just watched Bashcraft try and set up a Vita on Kotaku... PAINFUL.

No preparation in making the video or even any editing afterwards, the muppet!

He doesn't even know how to use a touch screen and it was like trying to introduce your parents to an iPhone. *headdesk*

Well I played Hydrophobia Prophecy over the course of the weekend....and what stated as an interesting game petered out into a load of crap. I was quite interested by the world the game had created at first and thought if this builds up it will lead to something interesting. However the plot and some of the issues revolving around nano bots were never really explored. Also it starts off as a water based puzzler that turns into a water based shooter that then turns into a shooter minus the water (and a bad at one that) before introducing some crazy mechanics that don't really work. Also the game is dead short I couldn't believe I was done when the credits rolled.

Defintely the worst game I have played this year by a long shot.

I can't believe you bothered to complete it. I switched it off 20 minutes in.

lol I finished Zelda this weekend and just needed something to play for the weekend that was short and didn't spill into the week. (my girlfriend arrives in 2 days so not gonna get much gaming done tbh) I did honestly find the beginning interesting and the game world but it turned out to be nothing.

lol I finished Zelda this weekend and just needed something to play for the weekend that was short and didn't spill into the week. (my girlfriend arrives in 2 days so not gonna get much gaming done tbh) I did honestly find the beginning interesting and the game world but it turned out to be nothing.

Ah ok. I might check it out anyhow as it was free. I noticed Renegade Ops is on offer. Rarely are psn games cheaper than their steam sales.

Zelda is huge though I dont think I am even half way.

Sounds like a HDD problem. Are you still using the stock drive, or did you replace it yourself?

Might be worth switching in another if you have one available, see if that fixes things.

Yeah its still using its original hard drive. I'll have to wait a while before swapping anything over though as I dont have any spare and can't really afford it at the moment after getting a new PC and needing a new monitor next.

I still have the 120GB drive that came in my PS3 if you'd like it. PayPal me £5 or something to cover postage and it's yours; buying a new one will be expensive due to the Taiwanese floods causing a price hike.

Normally I'd let you have it for nothing, but I've about £20 to my name at the moment and Christmas presents still to buy.

Edited by Aimless