NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Ilomilo? It's a puzzle game where you figure out how to move the path around so that you and player two can meet up. But only one player plays at a time, and you can swap control over whenever you like.

XBLA game trials are free remember :heh:

Turns out Sonic CD does have a selectable soundtrack. However it appears You Can Do Anything has been removed (probably legal issues although it's on the new soundtrack CD :()

I've always thought Sonic CD looked totally weird and broken. The backgrounds look like ROM hacks or something, strange animations and explosions, weird perspective shifts, sudden steps in the landscape. It never really gelled with me...

For anyone interested, the achievements for Sonic CD:

88 Miles per Hour 5

Travel through time

Just one hug is enough 5

Get a hug from Amy

Paradise Found 5

Complete a zone in the Good Future

Take the High Road 10

Pass the upper Signpost in Collision Chaos Zone 2

King of the Rings 10

Collect 200 Rings

Statue Saviour 10

Find the angel statue in Wacky Workbench

Heavy Metal 15

Defeat Metal Sonic without getting hurt

All Stages Clear! 15

Finish the game

Treasure Hunter 20

Collect all the Time Stones

Dr. Eggman Got Served 30

Destroy Dr. Eggman's final machine

Just in Time! 35

Complete the Time Attack mode in under 25 minutes

Saviour of the Planet 40

Destroy all the robot teleporters and Metal Sonic holograms in the past

Don't think I had ever got all the timestones before or indeed completing every level with the 'good' ending.

Think I will go for it though when this is released!

I love that this is my thread and all but can someone please put a space after the comma in the thread title. It hurts me every time I look at it.

EDIT: THHAAAANK YOU JAAAAY!!

Edited by Daft

Finally got round to getting Bastion thanks to @Shorty's points as an early xmas gift! I've basically played it loads all weekend, finished the story and found it was an absolute joy to play - the hack n' slash wasn't too tricky, and the whole presentation and story-telling was beautiful. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Started my new game plus, and racing through it like a badass.

There were a couple of the proving grounds that I simply could not do -- the cael[something?] hammer, the pistols and the shield (I'm sure there was another), but there's no achievement to be attained for doing all of them. Checked a few people on my friends list and was surprised to see that not everyone seems to have completed it. Why not?

I also have 1200ish points spare and don't know what xbla game to get next. Was considering the Prince of Persia HD thing as I remember playing the original a bit as a kid. Anyone tried it?

I also have 1200ish points spare and don't know what xbla game to get next. Was considering the Prince of Persia HD thing as I remember playing the original a bit as a kid. Anyone tried it?

I assume you're talking about the remake of the first game? As far as I could tell, it seemed like a very faithful remake, so if you want the original experience but with better graphics, you'd probably enjoy it. I thought it was kind of blah, but I don't think that was the remake's fault so much as the original game's. :heh:

They've added an optional thingy that shows you where to go so you won't get lost, and you'll get to keep on playing even if you run out of time (though that may just be on the easiest difficulty setting, I'm not sure).

There were a couple of the proving grounds that I simply could not do -- the cael[something?] hammer, the pistols and the shield (I'm sure there was another), but there's no achievement to be attained for doing all of them. Checked a few people on my friends list and was surprised to see that not everyone seems to have completed it. Why not?
I think I just got distracted. I have done that shield trial though :heh:

You gotta go back to it, man. Just did the run through on new game plus in about 3 hours to get the last two achievements. Joy of a game! The complaints to be had can be that the game was essentially too easy once you got the potions and weapons strong enough to just stroll through enemies, but the experience in general made it worth it. Sequel with co-op, plz.

From Dust next!

I also have 1200ish points spare and don't know what xbla game to get next.

You could also save the points for 21st December as Trine 2 is released then. It looks like great fun that game.

Regarding Bastion, I've still got to complete New Game Plus and the Vigils. I only used one weapon for most of the game so didn't get so many Vigils. Will get them on New Game Plus at some point.

I've also just downloaded From Dust but it'll have to wait till I've completed Deus Ex and then Trine 2. Just got it because it was on sale. I really enjoyed Black And White back in the days and this looks a bit like it so I look forward to trying it out.

You could also save the points for 21st December as Trine 2 is released then. It looks like great fun that game.

Regarding Bastion, I've still got to complete New Game Plus and the Vigils. I only used one weapon for most of the game so didn't get so many Vigils. Will get them on New Game Plus at some point.

I've also just downloaded From Dust but it'll have to wait till I've completed Deus Ex and then Trine 2. Just got it because it was on sale. I really enjoyed Black And White back in the days and this looks a bit like it so I look forward to trying it out.

I did indeed purchase the game, perhaps foolishly. I was enjoying it to a point -- the level with lava was great fun. I spent at least 30 mins just fucking about with it. But the problem is that there's no real learning curve as such - for instance, the very first part of the game it didn't tell me (or perhaps I missed it) how precisely to pick up earth.

There's no real 'tutorial', instead each level so far seems to have an entirely different focus, and generally it's quite punishing. I think you're meant to have patience and just work through each one, but not having the ability to say exactly how the tribespeople get from a to b, for example, means sometimes a couple will go round the long way, and then drown because your tower power's run out.

Bastion was so well put together that it's a bit of a shock to the system. I'm very surprised you only used one weapon (fang repeater? Slays like a boss!). I really thought I was going to do the same but I had maybe 4-6 weapons I'd switch about, routinely. I didn't use the bow or spear very much, though. The vigils mostly occur naturaly if you use all the weapons, and using the Who Knows Where you can quickly get them.

Here's a few deals and dates for XBLA.

Xbox Live Arcade

•Joe Danger Special Edition - 14th December, 1200 Points

•Sonic CD - 14th December, 400 Points

•Trine 2 - 21th December, 1200 Points

DLC

•Gears of War 3 Raam's Shadow Expansion - 13th December, 1200 Points

•Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand - 13th December, 1200 Points

•Assassin's Creed Revelations Ancestors Character Pack - 13th December, 320 Points

•Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 Bundle #1: Back in Shape: Lose it + Jump Rope: Survival Mode - 13th December, 560 Points

•Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 DLC 1: Back in Shape: Lose It - 13th December, 400 Points

•Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 DLC 2: Jump Rope: Survival Mode - 13th December, 320 Points

•Duke Nukem Forever The Doctor Who Cloned Me - 13th December, 800 Points

•Magic the Gathering 2012: Deck Expansion Pack 2 - 14th December, 240 Points

•Orcs Must Die! Lost Adventures - 14th December, 320 Points

•The Gunstringer: Real Big Shootin' - 15th December, 240 Points

Deals

•Japan's Finest: 13th December to 19th December (Bangai-O, 400 Points), Hard Corps Uprising (600 Points), Radiant Silvergun (600 Points), Guwange (400 Points)

•Rock of Ages - 20th December to 26th December, 400 Points

•Countdown to 2012 - 20th December to 2nd January

Games on Demand

•Alice Madness Returns - 13th December

•LA Noire - 20th December

•UFC Personal Trainer - 20th December

I didn't realise Sonic CD was so cheap!

I really need to start working through my backlogue of XBLA games. There have been so many good deals recently that i've just been buying the games and I haven't had to time play them .

Great price for Sonic CD compared to its predecessors :)

In contrast 320 points is still too much for four skins on AC:R :/

Even though it's far from the best Sonic game, I can't argue at 400MS points. I was expecting 1200.

Sonic CD is up!

Zoom, Zoom. Sonic Boom!

Only on the website sadly, it's not up on the actual marketplace on the Xbox yet but this should mean that it'll be up there soon. :)

I'd download it via the website but I tired to get a couple of free avatar items that way - like the star wars dual light-sabers thanks to H-o-T - and when I tried to use them on the Xbox it just said that it was tied to another account or something :hmm: so ever since then I only download via the Xbox 360 Marketplace.

Plus I'm downloading RAAM's Shadow for GoW3 right now using the season pass so there's not much I can do atm.

*Edit*

It's up now! :D *cancels RAAM's Shadow and starts downloading Sonic CD!*

Joe Danger : Special Edition is up there now too for anyone interested, it's supposed to be a really good game previously released on PSN but at 1200 points I think I'll just wait until it's cheaper.

Edited by S.C.G

Cool, got Sonic CD on my download list as of now. Always wanted to play it, here is my chance.

I've been playing Sonic CD most of today and I'm loving it all over again :D played through the game twice over - once as Sonic and once as Tails - and I'm now blitzing through Time Attack mode. :)

The achievements are actually pretty fun to get and I can see at least one or two of them being a challenge, I have 70G in it so far but I'm just enjoying it atm.

I'm getting in on this Sonic CD action, pretty excited to try what seems to be considered to be the last great game in the series. 400 points is pretty easy to justify.

Currently downloading now, getting a trial first on the off chance that I won't like how it plays, but I'm sure I will.

Just downloaded Sonic CD and started up... first thing...

WHERE THE FUCK IS SONIC BOOM GONE DURING THE INTRO!

As in this classical goodness:

Not impressed.