Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Daft

live_arcade_logo.jpg

I couldn't see an Xbox Live Aracde thread so I though I might start one. I've got loads of spare points (I got another 1000 free with Mass Effect) and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

I thought this might also be useful for general XBL Arcade discussion as well since it is often overlooked.

This could probably also be extended to the Playstation Store but since I don't really have a clue about it, I'll leave it for the edit.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBR is basically a dancemat game without a dancemat. I really didn't see the point in playing it after I tried the demo. :shakehead

Same, I also didn't like the classical music after the techno butchery!

Asteroids (x2) is out this Wednesday for 400 points. (I think I'll give it a miss)

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/11/26/this-week-on-arcade-asteroids-x2.aspx

Guest Stefkov
Aye, Aegis Wing, that shitty Yaris game, and did anyone hear about that game developer's competition, where the winning game gets put on the European servers?

I don't know who won, but when I was at Huddersfield Uni they came third in that comp.

Something to do with boats and stuff, it looked pretty good.

Anyone for carcassonne?...

No..Just me. :heh:

carcassonness2.jpg

It's actually a pretty fun board game! had many a LOL playing this with Bluejay a few weekends ago. :D

Of course he got it for free! :)

Other good games that i have played are:

Super Puzzle Fighter (addictive)

Ageis Wings

Alien Hominid

Bomberman

Tetris (also addictive)

All of these are great fun in multiplayer!!! :grin:

Tetris is Tetris.

Worms isn't Worms. Pretty disappointing version, lacks content. DS version is far superior.

Nor is Pacman. Much better that normal Pacman though, I'd reccomend that.

Geometry Wars is essentially. Mutant Storm Empires if you like Twin Stick Shooters too.

Super Puzzle Fighter is top drawer as well. Switchball is good if a little slow paced.

I have 19 Live Arcade games, of which 15 I paid for. Live Arcade is pretty great, only game I regret buying is Prince of Persia, game annoys me.

I got Carcassone while it was free. Couldn't really decide if i liked it or not. I did trial switchball though, i will probably buy that one at some point, pretty fun.

Also, i can't believe we've not mentioned Prince Of Persia Classic yet, i had sooooo much fun playing through it.

I was actully surprised by Carcossane, didn't really have much intrest in it after playing the demo and then when it came free I got it and I actully don't mind it, not played it in a while now like but it's fun, hard to get the hang of though.

and for the Foote Fans, just in time for Christmas, Sensi is out 19th of December =D http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238031

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!