NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

cheers for the replies guys! muchly appreciated! Might buy some next week....got no time cos of work but next week i will be free! so lots of game playing to be done then! wooo

I don't think I could recommend one thing enough; try the demos first. There's not much worse than following the hype of other people and finding that you never have that desire to actually play the damn thing.

EDIT: O yea. AND BRAID MOFO.

Edited by jayseven
Automerged Doublepost

If you don't care about achievements in any way whatsoever, get braid on Steam on your PC instead as it's far cheaper right now.

Just got ahold of Dead Space and I'm loving it. Really enjoyable game so far albeit i've only played through the first chapter so far. Will be playing alot more of it next week!

P.S which xbox live arcade games do you recommend? I've never bought any but have heard good things about some of em.

Braid is just sensational. Trials HD, Castle Crashers and Geometry Wars 2 are also quality.

I just played through Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles. I need to play through S&K as Knuckles and get 10 wins in Sonic 2 and they'll all be completed achievement guide. And then it's on to Knuckles in Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Although the final boss is really putting me off playing S3&K...I really don't want to fight it again as it was really annoying.

WHAT?! Doomsday Zone was fantastic :D Had some of the best music in any game, evarrrr too.

WHAT?! Doomsday Zone was fantastic :D Had some of the best music in any game, evarrrr too.

Having to fly an inch away from the right side of the screen with things you can't dodge coming at you is not fun.

It had a pattern to it, once you got the hang of it you were fine. It's not like you lost coins when you hit one, and if you hit the speed button it didn't make any difference anyway. :heh:

It had a pattern to it, once you got the hang of it you were fine. It's not like you lost coins when you hit one, and if you hit the speed button it didn't make any difference anyway. :heh:

There was a speed button?

Yeah! If you hit any of the buttons you boosted forwards with additional speed at no cost, and you could hit it as fast as you wanted to. It's how you catch I caught Robotnik at the end when he's in his crystal carrying flying thingy :heh:

I'm not big on Trials HD because it's been a free flash game for years and years... The demo didn't impress me greatly. Can anyone sell it to me?

I'm not big on Trials HD because it's been a free flash game for years and years... The demo didn't impress me greatly. Can anyone sell it to me?

It's a lot of fun. Although the final levels make you want to commit suicide.

explosions!

If that didn't do it then nothing will, as there really isn't that much difference otherwise!

Stick with the free flash game then, I would... I haven't played either version but then I've never really wanted to so I don't get why it's worth buying all of a sudden just because it's in 'Ayche Dee!' and on the 360... ::shrug:

I prefer the more original live arcade experiences that were made for it, plus quality remakes of classic titles. :)

They felt like completely different games to me, the flash game was about clambering your way over obstacles, Trials HD is more slopes and speed and jumps.

Edit: moved the last 10-15 posts here because they were all about arcade games!

Edited by Shorty

Nice :)

I'm not too great at time trials and stuff, and never really bother getting faster/better at stuff :P

Dan Dare: Sorry I didn't properly sort out playing you at Puzzle Quest last night. Living with 4 dudes and only one xbox is a bit tricky... One is bringing his xbox back after this weekend, so I'll have an xbox in my room... but then I need a wireless adaptor for the fucking thing.

Or homeplugs, they're slightly cheaper unless you can pick up the adapter cheap. Or... you could drill a hole through the wall and feed an ethernet cable through. But I wouldn't reccomend that.

So... is Serious Sam HD worth getting? I'm seriously tempted...

I was tempted by serious sam myself. But then I kind of remembered the game is just mindless shooting and gets boring fast.

I'm sure you can pick Serious Sam up on the pc for about a quid. With better controls, and modding capabilities.

Just a heads up, there are 2 free XBLA arcade games available today, Harm's Way and Crash Course. Also out today is the DLC for Costume Quest.

Apparently, next week will see the release of X-Men: Arcade, can't wait. :D

Woohoo! glad that this thread has been resurrected, thanks HoT... I was about to post the same thing about the two free XBLA games, I'm not expecting them to be good but hey, probably fun for a few mins right plus it's an extra 200 Gamerscore. :laughing:

Recently I've been playing Earthworm Jim HD which is just as 'grroooovy!' as it ever was, Worms 2: Armageddon which brought back a lot of good memories for me and Centipede/Milipede which is a blast in short bursts.

All of those were purchased in last weeks half price offers and were well worth it Imo, it seems this weeks offers are pretty decent too :) I quite like it when they decide to have regular deals towards Christmas as it's a great time to catch up on all of the arcade titles that were deliberately 'missed' at the time due to price etc. :D

Just a heads up, there are 2 free XBLA arcade games available today, Harm's Way and Crash Course. Also out today is the DLC for Costume Quest.

Apparently, next week will see the release of X-Men: Arcade, can't wait. :D

writing that down on my hand so i remember to download tonight.

thanks dude!

Just had some great fun on Crash Course with SCG! He had started before me, and so I was aiming to not just gold but beat his score! Then I got to the 5th USA stage and it literally took me 5 mins to finish it - the very last bit with the hammers KEPT ON KILLING ME. I got so worried about it that I was sometimes falling off the fan before i even got there - and one time made it past the hammers only to fail to use the following fan properly!

Then me and SGC raced through - was so tense! On I think the 4th level He beat me by over a minute, on the 3rd level I overtook him RIGHT at the end, and on teh 5th level I managed to shave 3 and a half mins off my best time - on my screen I thought I'd won but alas he had beaten me by 0.015 of a second! And that time's still only a silver-medal...

Well worth getting it guys, it's great fun but so fucking tense. I'm physically shaking from the adrenaline. Having a look at the achievements there's one level-specific time to beat; japan 4 in under 1:40. I shudder to think how hard that'll be. Giving it a rest now, moving on to Harm's way!

Well Dorito's Crash Course is pretty fun, kinda like a platformer based on Total Wipeout but actually not shit and starring your avatar. :D

Just had a pretty awesome online game on it with Jay, turns out we're pretty evenly matched on it, that last USA level is a sod though lol

Anyway I'd urge anyone who's downloading this free arcade game to give it a go on Live as it's great fun to play for a few minutes. :)