N-Europe

Been Burgled

Cube

Have you checked with your Landlord to see if they have any generic house/contents insurance for the whole building?

They were sympathetic, but couldn't do anything.

Though I also feel like being the annoying voice of reason and saying that you guys should have had some insurance.

We've all been having a go at each other about that. I was planning to do it as soon as I had enough money (as we know someone else who got robbed recently).

We've deduced that it was planned. They knew that noone was in out house or next door (they would have needed to go through their garden to get to our back door), and that they would have enough time to raid every room (they even used our house lights).

That really sucks man. I really feel for you and your friends.

Nowadays, I have so much expensive junk that I own, like PCs, laptops, phones, cameras, ipods, games consoles, TVs... I'd dread to think if it all got stolen.

Shit happens, don't know why you even bothered calling the police, they'll never catch who did it or get your stuff back, the only reason to call the police in such a situation would be for the insurance, but as you don't have any I don't know why you bothered.

Pretty much. My N64 was stolen when I was about 13 or 14, never got it back. I got a new one a few months later though. Felt like smacking the ***** who did it though.

I f**king hate these kind of people. Sorry man.

I tell you a story my Dad used to tell me. Back when he was working up in London, friday night he leaves the office only to realize that he's left his briefcase. Heads back and there's a guys there lifting the computers. What the guy didn't know was that my Dad was only one year out from retiring from the British National Karate team. My Dad beats the crap outta him, breaks his right arm, then ties him up and leaves him there till Sunday night. Everyone else comes in Monday morning none the wiser.

That sucks very much. As for contents insurance though get your parents to check with whoever they have house insurance with as most places will cover your stuff at uni for free or a very small charge. Much cheaper then getting your own insurance. As unless your on one tennancy agreement everyone in your house will have to get their own insurance.

Endsleigh Insurance is great for students.

I'm covered for all accidental damage for everything in my room, money which gets stolen out of my room (even if I leave it unlocked). My laptop is fully covered anywhere in the UK, iPod is covered. Up to £2500 contents in my room I think. All for £57. Pretty good deal.

You know what kind of gloves. Can they not get the fingerprints from inside the glove? Like go all CSI.
What? :blank: were you drunk when you wrote this? lol - what fingerprints would they be looking for if none were left at the scene to match to, and who's gloves would they be checking?

Cube, I guess there's no chance any of you can claim of your parents home insurance? Sucks anyway man, hope they find the bastards who did it. With such a wealth of goods, it'd probably be someone who knows what you had in there yknow.... Look out for your stuff on ebay :/

I need some contents insurance badly.

I have 2 computers, a HDTV, 2 games consoles, 3 handheld, over 600 games and all my clothes in here.

Then again, unless a fire happend... no problem really. Theres no crime in Shetland.

We'll need to hire a hovercraft to make our getaway though, so you might want to stop by a few other houses to make it worth our while. I'll borrow some evil henchmen from a friend of mine, lovely chap, lives in a volcano. Pick up some fish and chips while we're there too. You know, make a day of it, then head back to my mates place. Be a right laugh.

I am sorry to hear that - but I doubt the police has a high chance of catching those bastards.

You could try to look around EBAY or anything similar in the UK and see if your stuff might be in an auction. Also there might be a chance to find them through your Wii - after all it has a unique ID when online. Problem is that most companies don't cooperate on such matters very well.