The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly it does! :p

And there is no one more than me who love Kung Fu Panda. Seriously! :heh:

I literally was bursting for this film to come out last year unfortunately I didn't get to see it at the cinema so my first experience off the movie wasn't as great as it could have been. Still I loved every minute of it! :grin:

It is the thing I wanted on DVD most this Christmas and I love the film to bits BUT I feel that Wall-e is better I'm not sure why it just has that magic that Kung Fu Panda was missing.

Such as when Wall-e and Eve dance outside the Axium, that scene is just wonderful. <3

Of course that is just my opinion. :D I'm not very good at defending myself....

Clearly it does! :p

And there is no one more than me who love Kung Fu Panda. Seriously! :heh:

I literally was bursting for this film to come out last year unfortunately I didn't get to see it at the cinema so my first experience off the movie wasn't as great as it could have been. Still I loved every minute of it! :grin:

It is the thing I wanted on DVD most this Christmas and I love the film to bits BUT I feel that Wall-e is better I'm not sure why it just has that magic that Kung Fu Panda was missing.

Such as when Wall-e and Eve dance outside the Axium, that scene is just wonderful. <3

Of course that is just my opinion. :D I'm not very good at defending myself....

I first saw KFP in French, if anything it actually funnier! A very good film to brighten up your day! And don't worry, I think if you like WALL-E more than that's cool, I was just trying to be cool...lol.

Kung Fu Panda is awesome, and i would probably say its better than Wall-E in the long-run as i'd happilly watch it over and over.

Wall-E is better in that it uses a unique way of portraying emotion and stroytelling, but then again KFP has some pretty technical sequences in it that easilly trump anything Wall-E does on an action scale so can also be said to be a techical marvel.

Meh. Both great films. One with more lasting-appeal for me. Bit harsh Wall-E didn't get anything though.

Christian Bale goes mental at a crew member on set of Terminator Salvation

Here's the audio clip of his tirade: http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/020209_christianbale.mp3

What are your thoughts? Personally it makes me like Bale more, he sounds like a total badass and despite the obvious drawbacks of having such an ego, it makes him a hell of a lot more interesting.

Christian Bale goes mental at a crew member on set of Terminator Salvation

Here's the audio clip of his tirade: http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/020209_christianbale.mp3

What are your thoughts? Personally it makes me like Bale more, he sounds like a total badass and despite the obvious drawbacks of having such an ego, it makes him a hell of a lot more interesting.

I posted this a while ago in another thread.

My thoughts? It's backs up my opinion even more that's he's a total arse bandit. I mean, HE'S A FUCKING ACTOR not a doctor. He spouts out a few lines of a bit of paper and gets payed disgraceful amounts of money to do it. If it wasn't for the guy he was shouting at and all the other crew who work their arses off for a tuppence compared to his salary to make his stupid-assed face look good. If he was to do a Heath Ledger, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

if it has anything better- technically and artisically- than the space dance then I'll buy a hat for the sole reason of eating it.

do need to see KFP though. Looks cool.

I think the rope bridge scene beats almost anything currently attempted where technical animation is concerned. The space dance is artistically better, but art and tech are too very different things.

Predator and Rambo news...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/950/950016p1.html

Predator Reboot Planned?

Rumours hit Net that update of classic actioner in the works.

UK, February 2, 2009 - Rumour on the Net is that classic alien movie Predator may be set for a reboot.

Bloody Disgusting claims a source has told them that Robert Rodriguez and his Troublemaker studios will be producing a 21st century update of the action classic for Fox.

The original Predator revolved around a crack team of Special Forces soldiers -- lead by Arnold Schwarzenegger -- who venture into the fictional Latin American Val Verde to rescue a hostage, only to run into the titular advance alien hunter, who picks them off one-by-one.

Apparently the major departure from the original will be that there will be several predators this time around.

The site says that no writers are yet involved and that Rodriguez is unlikely to direct. Obviously, none of this has been confirmed by Fox, so file it under "rumour" for now.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/950/950019p1.html

Stallone Plans Rambo 5

Buddhist killing-machine set for further adventures?

UK, February 2, 2009 - Sylvester Stallone (age 62) must feel he is still in good enough shape to be an action star, as the actor has been telling Extra TV that he's considering a fifth Rambo film.

When asked about the possibility of reprising his role as the mass-murdering pacifist, he said: "Yeah, we are doing another Rambo, but the conflict is whether to do it in America or a foreign country."

After the initial success of Rambo, we reported back in February last year that the star had inked a deal with Nu Image and Millennium for two new action flicks that may or may not be Rambo films, though we don't know if this is part of the deal.

If true, however, Stallone will be even older by the time any new Rambo came out, with Stallone currently set to direct and star in all-star actioner The Expendables – which is out in 2010.

I don't get it, I thought the recent Rocky and Rambo films were to give the characters a fitting end to their story.

Yes Rambo didn't achieve this anywhere near as much; but he did return home which was good enough!

HE'S A FUCKING ACTOR not a doctor. He spouts out a few lines of a bit of paper and gets payed disgraceful amounts of money to do it..

It's much harder being a good actor (especially one of Bale's quality) than it is to be a good doctor, my friend. Anywho, it intrigues me slightly that just because he's an actor you think he shouldn't do anything when someone spoils his work, as if a doctor is superior to an actor. Everyone has the right to be respected for their career choices, unless they're getting rich without merit (like 50 Cent lol). Seems to me like you're putting down his profession, friendo!

Anyway, he completely overreacted, yes.

I think he went OTT, but I think the lighting guy moving around in the background probably did distract Bale.

Is he actually calling the light guy amateur when he can't act if people are moving in the background?

It wasn't in the background. The guy walked right into the set in the middle of a scene. If you go through what Bale goes through to get in character, you'll probably get pissed too. Although it's obvious he overreacted and is getting increasingly ego driven... But it's not like it was unprovoked. Lack of professionalism. He responded. He overdid it.

It's much harder being a good actor (especially one of Bale's quality) than it is to be a good doctor, my friend. Anywho, it intrigues me slightly that just because he's an actor you think he shouldn't do anything when someone spoils his work, as if a doctor is superior to an actor. Everyone has the right to be respected for their career choices, unless they're getting rich without merit (like 50 Cent lol). Seems to me like you're putting down his profession, friendo!

Anyway, he completely overreacted, yes.

It wasn't in the background. The guy walked right into the set in the middle of a scene. If you go through what Bale goes through to get in character, you'll probably get pissed too. Although it's obvious he overreacted and is getting increasingly ego driven... But it's not like it was unprovoked. Lack of professionalism. He responded. He overdid it.

So i've got this right, You're saying it's harder to Act than to become a Doctor?

He never said anything of the sort...

He didn't say anything of the sort?

Are you blind?

It's much harder being a good actor (especially one of Bale's quality) than it is to be a good doctor

Is that not of the sort?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!