Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

My back tyre burst cycling to work this morning :(

God knows what i went over, i think it might have been some wonky paving bricks on the high street, but its totally screwed. Completely flat in seconds.

Means i have to walk home and get a new inner tube. Which i prob wont be able to do until the weekend which means i have to get busses to work until then which costs me money i dont want to waste! Bah.

My back tyre burst cycling to work this morning :(

God knows what i went over, i think it might have been some wonky paving bricks on the high street, but its totally screwed. Completely flat in seconds.

Means i have to walk home and get a new inner tube. Which i prob wont be able to do until the weekend which means i have to get busses to work until then which costs me money i dont want to waste! Bah.

Buy an inner tube with gel/sludge/slime in it. They are amazing. E.g. I went over a screw and the magic of the slime managed to heal my tyre.

They're a little more expensive but they've saved me loads in the long run.

Pointless going in for English today, I was just told to bugger off and continue with my coursework. I came home for a croissant at about half 10 before I planned to continue filming my trailer for media studies, then my dad (works at the place I do media) told me not to come in for some reason. Hmm.

Ahhh, home again. (long post coming!)

Yesterday was a loooooong day. We went on an excursion to Antwerp with school to visit some museums. Sadly, we were split up in groups according to our main class (me being in Illustration), which meant two of my friends were in other groups, doing other things, boooh.

But yeah, we visited the really crappy Fashion Museum (where we already went last year). I think we stayed in 20 minutes or something and got really bored as there was nothing to see. Went out with the group and just hung around in a book shop for a bit. Then left with two friends to go eat pizzaaa. Other friends met up with us there.

Afternoon was again spent in a museum, this time a more normal one with paintings from the likes of Magritte, Ensor, Rubens and many more of course. Was a lot more interesting, even though I'd been there before. We studied some of these paintings in our art history class so it's cool to see them in person.

Went on the bus back home with school, arrived at 6:30pm. Which meant we had an hour and a half to eat before our evening lecture. Friends wanted kebab, even though I hate it. Ended up ordering a tuna taco... but it tasted nothing like a taco, heh. Still wasn't too bad.

Evening lecture was by some architect... who was super super boring. Honestly we were bored to tears in there. It would've been fine had he shown his works, but no, he started talking about Italy and churches and blahhhh. Only about 30 minutes or less were spent talking about his work, and he had to cut it short because he had already been talking for too long. We didn't get to leave until 10pm. D:

Went out with two friends, just having a drink in a pub/café and having a chat. Since we don't know much about drinks, we decided to just try out random stuff... what a mistake that was! Ended up with something that had coconut in it and another one with grapefruit... two tastes I absolutely hate! >.<;

But yeah, went to my friend's place at midnight, where the two of us just sort of had a chat for a bit before falling asleep at 1:30am. Yay.

Alsooooo, found out yesterday morning from my friends (since I hadn't read my email), that I'm having a drawing published in a children's magazine, whooooo! It's a drawing for really small children who are like, 4-5 years old I guess, in a pretty big magazine. Yay! =D

Alsooooo, found out yesterday morning from my friends (since I hadn't read my email), that I'm having a drawing published in a children's magazine, whooooo! It's a drawing for really small children who are like, 4-5 years old I guess, in a pretty big magazine. Yay! =D

Epic congratulations! Well done, thats mega awesome. :)

I absolutely hate coconut! >.<

Massive phailz.

You too were getting jiggy with it? Interestings.

Haha, what? *confused*

Epic congratulations! Well done, thats mega awesome. :)

Massive phailz.

Yay, thank you! Now if only I would get paid for it... =P

And haha, sorry, I just can't stand the smell of coconut. The drink itself wasn't that bad after I got used to the taste... but still not great. Better than that grapefruit alcoholic one though. D:

OOOH! I had one done too!

I got a pic printed in a Star Wars comic awhile back. Apparently I forgot to add my address, so I sent another letter with it ¬_¬

Coconut drink isn't good, unless its mixed with something else in an awesome cocktail, but coconut is nice. Based on bounty chocolate bars that is :p

Well it was a Piña colada, which apparently has coconut cream, rum and pineapple juice in it... though I don't like pineapple either. X3

Also, they only served me a tiny bit of it (like, they put it in a small long glass but didn't even fill it half), which was stupid because I paid so much for it! But yeah... didn't like it. =P

I need to find alcoholic drinks I would actually like. XD

OOOH! I had one done too!

I got a pic printed in a Star Wars comic awhile back. Apparently I forgot to add my address, so I sent another letter with it ¬_¬

Heh, cool! =D

Thing is this is like, an actual illustration job thingie I did as an assignment. Normally they ask actual professional illustrators to make these drawings for them, but we were given a chance as well in our school. And they would only publish something if they really liked it. Which they do with mine, yay! Hopefully that means my name ends up in their huge database of illustrators, hopefully making it a bit easier to someday get a job with them. =P

Congratulations!

It's a shame you aren't getting any spending money out of it, but will they at least send you a copy of the magazine? I'm sure it will look very impressive in your portfolio, not to mention be more valuable to you in the long run than a few Euros in your pocket right now.

I hate him, there I said it, drunk as fuck, but hety-ho I said it!

Was a wonderfull night otherwise, ghehe. Funt imes, times fun. I hnatwe relationships./

How dare you say that about Jayseven :o haha. Relationships are good :)

I can say as I wish, he dumped me after all. Why bother ^_^ It'll only be deleted in the morning..

edit thats it you heard he dumped me whqagoooppieee!

And also the fact that it would have been passed off as a drunken post that didn't refer to j7 if Ellmeister hadn't popped in there with a joke comment. Insanity.

Congrats, Eenuh. That's absolutely awesome :D

(can we see it?)

Last night was quality. Friend's birthday + Drum N Bass night + loads of awesome people = win, yeah?

fucking knackering though. I was up at 8 and went to bed at 4. Danced my adorable socks off too. Argh.

And also the fact that it would have been passed off as a drunken post that didn't refer to j7 if Ellmeister hadn't popped in there with a joke comment. Insanity.

Thanks for that =/ I've already talked to tellyn saying I felt stupid :p I didn't know I was just randomly joking! She could have not agreed.

Off to help teach at a school again :) Yay.

Congratulations!

It's a shame you aren't getting any spending money out of it, but will they at least send you a copy of the magazine? I'm sure it will look very impressive in your portfolio, not to mention be more valuable to you in the long run than a few Euros in your pocket right now.

Yeah, I should get a copy of the magazine normally, and it's indeed nice to put in my portfolio, which is why I'm so happy with it. =D

I'd love to work for them someday really, as I think my style suits their magazines better than the ones from other publishers. Plus they're big and basically have their magazines sold in most primary schools in Beligum. =P

Congrats, Eenuh. That's absolutely awesome :D

(can we see it?)

Heh, sure, though it's one of the most simple things I ever did! =P

Basically it's like an exercise page. The teacher will put on some music, and the kids have to draw circles around the seeds of the courgette. Then when the teacher hits the drum, they have to go draw around another seed. And in the end they can colour in the courgette.

The instruction icons will be put next to the drawing by the publisher, who will also add the text instructions and header and stuff of course.

speedokadipg1-1.jpg

speedokadipg1iconen.jpg

Congratulations!

I feel the same way everytime I write a review or get something on the BBC website, it kills me inside. But I think of it as pimpsmacking the door into potential careerings.

I should save linkings of the things I do really.

Anyways, I would like to show everyone this band which is performing at work on Friday:

http://wrathchildbethyname.co.uk/home.html

They look about 16.

I feel the same way everytime I write a review or get something on the BBC website, it kills me inside. But I think of it as pimpsmacking the door into potential careerings.

I should save linkings of the things I do really.

At the very least you should keep a print out somewhere; if nothing else you might be able to intimidate your way into a job by brandishing a hefty portfolio.

What sort of writing/reviews do you do? And can we see some?

Oooh, yeah! My labs don't start until next week so I had a smexy 3 hour lie-in this morning, and only a single lecture!

I thought I was going to have to choose between going to the Union club with a girl I'm interested in (I'm that shallow!) and a birthday meal for those in my flat who've had birthdays over the holidays.

Then I found out that the club night had some of S Club there. :blank:

Tickets are sold out anyway, but still... you couldn't have paid me to go into that club tonight.

Thanks for that =/ I've already talked to tellyn saying I felt stupid :p I didn't know I was just randomly joking! She could have not agreed.

Off to help teach at a school again :) Yay.

No, but I did. I suppose I should go delete them, because I was completely and utterly drunk, couldn't even remember where I lived at one point.

But hey tough. Good day, joined the gym, went food shopping, few of my friends are back which is good. Time to get on with some work.

Urgh, this essay will be the death of me, due tomorrow, i know all about what its talking about, but they are all facts >.< and while i can state facts all i fecking want, the conclusions drawn from them have to be referrenced, and so here i am, finding ambigous statements in the books i have, and cursing the library for not letting me take journals out of there. Especially if ones made for the essay *sigh* i'll wrap up what i can do and go photocopy/jot the ideas of the journals down.

ones missing from collection, i hate life.

Still trying to get back into the Uni mindset. Getting up early isn't sitting with me well. Had a psychology lecture today on perception which was alright. Understood what was being said but just sounds like complete bollocks seeing as psychologists never seem to think of the biological factors involved in things like perception, etc. Also had to do some experiment for course credit that was kind of a waste of time. The girl taking it didn't really seem to be in the mood compared to the others I've had taking experiments. Had to say whether one of two circles was bigger or smaller than the other and say a word that appeared with them before disappearing off screen. Pointless. I've got another experiment on monday and one on tuesday as well but those two will give me the 6 course credits I need for the experiment participation so I'm happy to get it out of the way early.

Went window shopping as well. Found a sealed box with Donkey Konga and Bongos for £7.99 but didn't buy it. Waiting till friday as I'm still on the hunt for some clothes.