Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

First post went up on the site. It pretty much explains what the website is and will become.

I wrote another thing for it which'll go up over the next couple days.

Need help making a banner that doesn't look shite so I've appealed to the creative gallery.

Haven't done any more of my essay which is bad bad bad.

Haha, I thought so. Thanks guys. *internet love*

I just feel like I look like one of those "scene kids". You know the ones.

You mean the ones that wear skinny jeans, a shirt and a cardi? :wink:

I'm messing. : )

Did the hoovering, as asked. Wrapped up one present. (3 more to do)

Done none of the schoolwork I intended to, and just remembered I also have a 3000 word art essay to do for the next term (start of). I might start that tonight, more interesting than Catcher in The Rye atm.

Meadowhall has been barely busy at all compared to this close to christmas a few years ago.

Its the same over here, I was in Argos, this weekend - it was bloody empty.

This time last year you wouldn't have physically gotten in the shop there was so many people.

The town seems busy here but I think a lot of people are dandering about, the shops are pretty empty, not many queues.

I've just discovered something extremely shocking and horrific.

Cadbury have removed Crunchie and Dream from Cadbury Heroes.

First they removed Caramel with Nuts, then Dream and Crunchie.

Those were the three best ones you fucking morons!

I've just discovered something extremely shocking and horrific.

Cadbury have removed Crunchie and Dream from Cadbury Heroes.

First they removed Caramel with Nuts, then Dream and Crunchie.

Those were the three best ones you fucking morons!

I noticed this the other day, it's because the éclairs (ewwwww...) they replaced them with are cheaper to make...

Currently within the realms of possibility: John McClaine from Die Hard- Dirty vest, bare feet and jeans etc

Um...this one! ok I don't know the other one, but still, McClaine is a winner. Bought my dad the box set a couple of christmases ago, as one of those 'this is for you but really for me' presents. [/guilty]

First post went up on the site. It pretty much explains what the website is and will become.

Love it, it's honest and witty. I did lol at the ''it's all your fault'' bit (can't copy and paste for some reason).

Oh and yes... I read it, I support peoples initiatives. :)

You know you've spent too much time with ReZ when you find the phrase "have you found a way to entertain yourself" really, really dodgy...

:indeed:

lol, now you know how I feel every day! Did you also feel like you wanted to slap him a little bit when he got overexcited about something? :heh:

Edit: My day. Work was ok, just counting down for christmas really. Came home and my nanna had arrived which was nice, but I feel like I've already run out of suitable things I can say to her so I'm in the study watching Alan Partridge on and off.

lol, now you know how I feel every day! Did you also feel like you wanted to slap him a little bit when he got overexcited about something? :heh:

Lake pushing in was suggested.

I've just gotten back from the N-E meet up, and had very much fun.

Balderdash was especially good, with me and Jayseven winning one game each. Domjcg lost both. Badly.

Aah, Balderdash. Best game ever.

Yeah basically an amazing game. Dom's answers were.....well they were interesting. Jay was a DEMON at it. Me ; "Okay, I'm gonna chose X...but I kinda think its Jays..."

*Was Jays*

Grrrr. Just got back this second yo.

Love it, it's honest and witty. I did lol at the ''it's all your fault'' bit (can't copy and paste for some reason).

Oh and yes... I read it, I support peoples initiatives. :)

Thanks very much! :D

That's basically going to be the style of the site. I was particularly happy with my bit on Mirror's Edge which will go up in a couple days.

Just need to sort that bloody banner out. :heh:

Well my day wasn't bad but has taken a slight turn for the worse. Just got my final grade for this semester for Psychology and I got a C2. Not great at all but really I couldn't give a shit anymore. As much as I want to be studying it, I would rather take a long break from education. At least I'm on xmas holiday until the 19th of January, which'll mean a month off.

Now to sit and watch Nutty Professor and the QI Christmas special.

Just saying something really left field or unexpected, and then walk off like it makes perfect sense and they just suddenly stopped exsisting. I usually keep at least three, to cover most situations:

1. "I know you're desperate, but you couldn't handle me, honey"

2. "It's because of people like you the rail network doesn't work, you know."

3. "One morning you'll wake up with a face full of mud and being poked by a child with a stick, and I can guarantee you - you'll remember this moment."

Lol. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it would be WRONG to NOT say anything back. Here's what I have to say:

I hate living here. I generally don't like most of my friends because I have almost nothing in common with them, and the ones I do like are foreigners. Why? Because as you can most probably tell, I'm a westernized Egyptian living as an expatriate in his own country. I feel like I belong elsewhere, like the US or UK.

About a year ago I ran into this girl called Sara through Facebook. She had lived her entire life in the US and just moved to Egypt with her mother and sister. She hated life here just as much as I did, seemingly for the same reasons I had. We sorta clicked in a way, and we became friends (not close friends, just friends). To her, I was the sort of friend she can talk to about absolutely anything that comes into mind. She sort of had the same effect on me, mainly because I don't have a lot of people I can "be myself" around. Hence why I like hanging out with foreigners and other westernized Egyptians like myself.

A few facts about this girl before I continue:

- She's 4"11.

- She spent her senior year of high school here, and is now in her first year of university.

- She goes to this CRAP university called Modern Sciences and Arts. MSA is one of those universities that pick up losers with no future. It's easier to get into than community college. When I asked her why she went there instead of some respectable university like the American University in Cairo (which I'm in), she told me it was because her father told her that the lower the university fees, the higher the chance of her getting a car.

- She hates her friends. All of them. She calls them "fake". When I offered to introduce her to some "real" people who at least make MY life in this country bearable, she rejected me. Her "fake" friends hate her because they get that "dislike vibe" whenever they talk to her. She's also pretty stuck-up and egotistical.

- We only talk to one another online or over the phone. I've only met her in person a few times before the summer, then I started seeing her on a daily basis after she started university (I go to her uni to drop off and pick up my sibling. Usually I'll hang around the place as I have lots of friends in it).

- Her grandmother recently developed lung cancer because of her smoking habit. Sara was a non-smoker when that happened, and she made it clear that she hated smokers because of her grandmother's fate. What's sad now is that she started smoking a few months ago, taking a few puffs here and there, and now it's impossible to see her without a cigarette in her hand.

- Slightly-relevant: I ran into her at a party in Halloween. We almost got into some fight, but being the bigger person I apologized to her.

Anyways, at some point in the future our conversations started becoming "bland". She'd usually cut things short or ask me what the hell was the point of what I just said. I didn't get what went wrong, but knowing that I'll never find out for sure because she was a woman I backed off.

A few days later, the Bush-shoe incident happened. I jokingly told her "I guess he sure shoed him" and she responded with "You're one cheesy mother. That made me sick." I thought she was kidding for a moment until she started insulting me, then blocking me. So I went on her Facebook wall and wrote this:

"I'm glad you showed me your true colors. I can finally see why so many people just don't like you now. Enjoy what's left of your life here."

I removed her from my friends and the next day I get this message in my inbox. Below is my response:

54175862me9.jpg

Btw, "zebby 3aleeky" is a very insulting swear.

The next day at about 10 PM I get this phone call:

"Hello?"

"Hello"

"Am I speaking to Ahmed Bially?"

"Yes."

"My name is Gamal Hamza, I'm Sara's friend."

"Yeah, hi."

"I want to see you."

"You want to see me?"

"Yes, I wanna meet you right now."

"Nah, I don't think so. I don't have time for you. You think it's normal to call people you don't know and meet with them?"

He handed over the phone to some other guy who kept swearing for about two minutes straight. I couldn't say anything back at the moment as I was sitting with my family at home, so I snuck into the kitchen and just as I got away from my family the dude hands over the phone back to Gamal.

"Listen you asshole, either you meet me or I'll get you using my own methods."

"<insults>, show me your methods motherfucker, I'm waiting."

Then I hung up because I was getting too loud.

I went to her university the next day, and she walked past me with a VERY annoyed look in her face. I looked back and smiled. Every now and then I'd glance at her and see her talking to some guy, then they'd both look at me. She's plotting to have her guy friends "do something about me". It's very pathetic.

If there's one thing I'd like to share with you besides this story, it's this: always rub facts in people's faces instead of insulting them. I could've just called her a bitch and gotten it over with, but I knew it would not leave an unsettling burn in her lexicon. I needed something with a lasting effect, and I gave it to her in the form of detailing every little flaw of her character. She can't come up with a decent comeback.