Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Poor kitty :(

How old was he/she? I hope they had a decent life. I was devasted when my cat died. He was 18 though so he had a good run, but he was part of the familly and we all still miss him. He's now buried in the familly garden :'(

That's the trouble with pets you get really attached to them. :(

At least time heals all wounds...

I have a good shot at landing a scholarship to the American University in Cairo (AUC). : peace:

I've been getting my shit together to apply for the SECOND semester over there, because when I got my papers and went to apply in the summer they told me I was too late, and the only option I had was to apply for the second semester, which starts in February. I've been taking a vacation ever since then, with the whole year to myself.

Anyways, some people hooked me up with some good folk in the ministry of education in Kuwait. Not only do I have a good shot at landing a scholarship on their behalf, but they'll also be sending me an allowance of 200 KD (approx. 556.667 euros), and a room in the university's dorms (optional).

The bad news is, if I DO get it, I'll have to enter the AUC in the SECOND year, which begins fall 2009. I'll either have to wait until the first year is over and enter, or start the second semester (February 2009) in a shit university and transfer as soon as I can.

It sounds like a small price to pay, but you honestly have no idea how bad the university I might be temporarily attending is like. The doctors and professors literally make up most of the curriculum, and they speak HORRIBLE English. Seriously, an American friend of mine went into her English class on her first day and they literally gave her "vocabulary words" such as clever, generous, and foolish. How am I supposed to take up mass communication as a major when the people lecturing me are this horrible?

Still, I'm excited. :yay:

My day was meh. Had a boring 3 very boring lectures, 2 of which weren't necessary to hold but they felt for some reason that they should. The third confused the hell out of me. I know what Homeostasis is but the way in which the lecturer was talking completely threw me. Tonicity, feedforward responses, etc. :blank: After my first lecture I got absolutely soaked. Left the main building to head into town for something to eat (had an hour break). It was slightly raining but nothing to worry about. Half way down the path from the main building, I am pelted with rain from virtually all directions so I peg it back up to the Uni and was forced to sit waiting in the main building for a hour in wet jeans. Not nice.

Not done much else. Did a computer based assessment for Biology and got an A1, but it wasn't exactly hard. I have another one to do for next friday, which I tried last night and got 27%. Luckily we can try them as many times as we like before they are taken down with our best results taken but it was so hard.

@ Nightwolf - What type of game is it? Lets see if we can come up with something to help you.

It's a 2d platformer. About four kids who go on an adventure and find a witches cave. They steal her wand, so she curses them, turns them into animals and chucks them in a dugeon.

The main character has to find the other three and solve puzzles to get out (on a stage similar to early mario or castle of illusion) and get rid of the witch.

A friend came up with ''boo'' as it's quite halloween themed without being intentional. But I'm hoping to think of other names just incase.

It's a 2d platformer. About four kids who go on an adventure and find a witches cave. They steal her wand, so she curses them, turns them into animals and chucks them in a dugeon.

The main character has to find the other three and solve puzzles to get out (on a stage similar to early mario or castle of illusion) and get rid of the witch.

A friend came up with ''boo'' as it's quite halloween themed without being intentional. But I'm hoping to think of other names just incase.

The Goolies.

escape from castle witchenstein :)

Roald Dahl's The Witches: Extreme Edition.

Indeed, morning-after Pizza is Win. I have £8.50 to 'last' 'til november and pizza for breakfast/lunch/dinner helps a little. No doubt I'll be heading to the bank tomorrow, anyway.

Been playing some rainbow 6 vegas 2. Getting quite into it, despite being shite and dying all the time. I have a meeting with my supervising tutor tomorrow so at some point I'm going to have to write up a few short segments of my novel idea tonight. Preferrably after shorty and nami get home and we all get pissed and scare the neighbours. Been missing that ;)

Uni! Still on modernism but we largely looked at feminism, which looks to be rather damn easy, though I really, really need to read way more each week. Next week for that module is Orwell Keep the Asphididraahirisdfaadf flying. Boo ya.

Arab Freak: I don't know how US courses are structured. Will you be missing out on much if you leap straight into the first year? here in the UK you'd techinically still be entitled to as good a degree as anyone else, you just miss out on the 'foundation' modules.

Eenuh; Sorry to hear about your kitty. Any idea who did it?

Ganepark (you should really just drop the numbers...); yeahp, autumn is creeping in! Rain blasting any hopes for the day from the depths of your bones.

nightwolf; how about a name reflecting the spell teh witch casts, or the themes of the puzzles? Hallow'een (hallowe'en? can't be arsed to check) might just lead to clichés. "Pumpkin Juice" :S "Pumpkindigo (it's a purple pumpkin, y'see. I don't know. I like pumpkins. I'm going to stop now)