Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I don't really think that's the way. Don't get nasty to her or anything, just be your normal self.

I aint dissin' yo' advice, but that's brought some bullshit up for me here. Everyone says "treat others how you'd like to be treated", but when you get treated like crap you're expected to brush it off.

I aint dissin' yo' advice, but that's brought some bullshit up for me here. Everyone says "treat others how you'd like to be treated", but when you get treated like crap you're expected to brush it off.

But surely if you treat people like crap because you've been treated like crap, won't it just form a never-ending circle of...crapness?

You need to riiise about that. If people are being shitty to you, then distance yourselves from these people. Only associate yourself with the nice ones. ;)

I think maybe I should put into consideration the fact that she just MIGHT have done this to me because she's THAT sensitive. But whatever.

Sensitive? Well, you know her better than I ever will, so trust your instincts, young AFreak.

Woke up crazy late. 12.30. Only woke up because I got a phone call off my friend. Anyway then I had dinner and got a phone call off work asking to come in earlier. So worked for 7 and a half hours and thats it, last shift :)

So yeah, nothingness of a day. Trying to decide what to do with the next two weeks. Might go visit someone, not sure who though. Or even just go visit a city but the only ones left I relaly wish to visit are too far away for a day trip.

got burgled today :(

luckily nothing of mine was taken, but i was actually in the house when it happened, so i feel awfull. I even heard them, but though it was one of my housemates so thought nothing of it. Luckily just a laptop was taken, but if they hadnt heard me watching tv and left i imagine they would have cleaned the house out.

all 3 of us are pretty upset, luckily the landlord is sorting out security and the policeman was nice (despite implying i used prostiutes and jokingly saying twice that i'd done it)

got burgled today :(

luckily nothing of mine was taken, but i was actually in the house when it happened, so i feel awfull. I even heard them, but though it was one of my housemates so thought nothing of it. Luckily just a laptop was taken, but if they hadnt heard me watching tv and left i imagine they would have cleaned the house out.

all 3 of us are pretty upset, luckily the landlord is sorting out security and the policeman was nice (despite implying i used prostiutes and jokingly saying twice that i'd done it)

Its always a good idea to gets some sort of security on laptops. You can get a relatively cheap service that will track the location of the laptop when it connects to the internet once its been reported stolen. That said, its probably a good thing you thought it was your housemates. What if they were armed in some way.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit... :(

Was the laptop insured?

no, but she was planning on getting a new one in a few weeks anyway.

to be fair, she shouldn't have gone away for the weekend leaving her window open, particularly as it has a flat roof behind it leading to the car park of a working mens club. But the back door was also kicked in, so it wasn't just climbing in through the window.

it feels so weird. i think im going to take my laptop and a few other valubles to work with me tomorrow, in case they come back to finish the job.

i had a pretty great day yesterday!

at work i had to do an introduction test (called an OPPT) for this woman who was apparently "very important" (i guess she was rich or something) and i think i did really well, ya know?

after work was finished i went to takadanobaba station to visit the used english bookshop to trade all the paperbaks i've been reading/found (ownerless) in the cupboard upstairs... i got about 700yen for them all, which isnt much, but i randomly found a copy of the book "sweet daruma" ... which i bought 'cause i was just about to go to a cafe up the street and see her reading at a local fiction night :smile:

that was awesome!! the author of sweet daruma signed my book! ^__^ i sat in the corner drinking my irish coffee (yum!) and writing in my notebook and listening to all these people reading short stories or the first few pages of novels they'd written. it was really lovely to sit there with a cup of tea warming my hands as the rain came down outside listening to some guy read me a story ^___^ i bought another book too ~ on discount to only 200yen O_O!

then i came home (had to walk in the aforementioned rain...but didnt mind because i was full of irish coffee and english tea ^^) and jamba and i hung out on skype while i played PW3 and tried desperately to catch up to him.

Im still ill :( Started Thursday lunchtime with loss of appetite and that feeling you get just before you get ill where your body aches. Had a temperature of 103 all Thursday night and most of Friday, then Friday night barely got any sleep and Saturday my temperature had reduced but i had these weird stomach cramps from lunchtime till about 8 pm where i would be fine but every 20 mins i would get them, practically on the dot every twenty mins, weird :( My mum started worrying me on the phone saying it might be appendicitis but the pain was too high. Then i decided to have something to eat since i thought it might be hunger pains but that was a mistake, the food just made the cramps into severe diarreha :S which ive had since then till now :( I havent been to the doctors cause i know all they will do is say have paracetamol for the temperature and plenty of fluids etc

I think i must of picked up a bug at Leeds Fest, anyone else ill who went?

Yikes, that sucks Daniel...

I've had an 'alright' weekend. I mean, nothing special but not bad. Letty started college today, so i'm kinda worried about her... and then I've sold my GeForce 8800GTS to Sarka for his new computer so i'm buying either a Radeon HD 4850 1GB or 4870 512mb... I canny decide.

Letty gets about a sentence, your graphics card gets two. Shocking, but yet...not so :p

Today is going to be EPIC! Coffee with a friend who I've not seen for ages and then im seeing my friend/housemate again for the first time since May :D! Its going to be immense. Granted we have to househunt but immense nonetheless. Plus I shall finally be able to give her her birthday (July) presents which the awesome Bluey helped me get.

Fun times ahoy!

There's only today and tomorrow left of the holidays before i go back to sixth form :( I don't want to go back to that horrible place, it doesn't even feel like i've had a break. Looking back the last 6 weeks have been crap, our usual 2/3 weeks holiday was cut short to 3 days, my grandad died at the beginning and i've hardly done anything. Ahh well.

Today, the day before and the day before that involved doing not very much at all. The majority of the time was spent playing Warhawk (PS3) to get the new trophies. Now i'm bored and have that heavy feeling in my stomach that another crappy year of hard work is going to start.

[/Moan]

I had a bizarre weekend. Went out to a rock club with my gf and some friends on saturday and ended up in the police station :o

Well, what happened was some guy groped my g/f and, being quite the feminist she is, she confronted the guy and said what the fuck's your problem. She would have left it if he had apologised, but the guy laughed and said "well, you were dancin" as if that was an excuse to feel her up. So we went and got the bouncers and they threw him out.

That should have been the end of it, but no. This guy's mates were absolute dickheads and they threw a bottle at my gf's head as they were leaving to meet up with their mate. Fuckin' dickheads, so the bouncers called the police and we got the guy who groped my g/f arrested for sexual harrassment. His mates unfortunately didn't get taken, which is stupid because they were violent.

Anyway, it took ages to give a statement as we had to go to the station and wait for like an hour. Hopefully it was worth it. The guy was kept overnight and asked for his statement in the morning, to which he said "she was up for it". Fuck off was she! She was with me, her bf, and some friends. Since when does a girl dancing having a good time give anyone the right to touch them up?

It's an injustice that the guy has just been let out for now. But with any luck, and help from CCTV evidence, they said they will put him on the sex offenders register. Maybe then he will think twice before being such a chauvinist dick.

It makes me sick that he got away with it, and yeah, most girls wouldn't have made such a fuss, but they should. In fact, girls who dont say anything and let this kind of thing happen to them are just as guilty. We can only hope that he's learnt his lesson, and if he hasn't, hopefully the next time he does it the girl will stand up to him as well and get him arrested again. With an official record on the sex offenders list, maybe he will get jailed for real.

Guy who think that all women want to have sex with them, and therefore they can grope girls and get away with it, never cease to annoy me. As Dan said, being a guy is slightly shaming at times...

The only incident of it that has happened to someone I know is a guy tried to put his hand up my sister's skirt in a club in York. Bad idea. He got knee in the crotch for his troubles.

I've been working at my local charity shop this morning. :) I managed to get out early as I'm off to see a friend who arrived back from holiday yesterday!

Also my day has been great as I came home to find TWO EPIC POSTCARDS!!! :grin:

Which made me laugh and made my day. I never usually get post. ^______^

Oh and I also "bought" a mini Zodiac book which is fun to read. The stars know me to well. 0_____0

:p