Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Urgh im switching from one extreme to the other. Part of me feels uberemo (except with better dress sense) at times while the other part of me feels like I can craft a future for myself. Although I've come to realise I want to be a writer, just not in Britain. Why has America gotta be so hard to get into (does anyone know an American I can marry)? Grr. But still, for now, I should probably work on building some kind of portfolio and get a real job. Still unsure whether to do a scriptwriting course (I know the tools of the trade but building industry contacts/getting people to check over etc etc) and if so a masters or part time/weekend course kinda things.

Edited by Ashley

Urgh im switching from one extreme to the other. Part of me feels uberemo (except with better dress sense) at times while the other part of me feels like I can craft a future for myself. Although I've come to realise I want to be a writer, just not in Britain. Why has America gotta be so hard to get into (does anyone know an American I can marry)? Grr. But still, for now, I should probably work on building some kind of portfolio and get a real job. Still unsure whether to do a scriptwriting course (I know the tools of the trade but building industry contacts/getting people to check over etc etc) and if so a masters or part time/weekend course kinda things.

If you want to be a writer, then don't be "unsure" about it. Just go for it! Thats obviously easy for me to say and whatnot, but if you want it, then you should just do the scriptwriting course you mentioned. Plus, the amount of times you've had me laughing a little too hard on facebook, it's obvious you've got the talent to be one. :)

Eurgh, got up at 5pm today. I went back to sleep at 11am thinking I'll just have another hours sleep...and then it was 6 hours later. Another day wasted! Really want to just go for a bike ride tomorrow with only my iPod for company...but I know I'll ever get up and do so. I haven't got the drive.

I'm going to Cairo at the end of September just before university starts. I'm quite excited. Perfect little break before I lock myself in the library for 8 months.

Sounds cool (well, not in any literal sense) but I would have presumed SOAS started before late September...not sure why. Ignore my inaneness (which I'm sure you're used to).

If you want to be a writer, then don't be "unsure" about it. Just go for it! Thats obviously easy for me to say and whatnot, but if you want it, then you should just do the scriptwriting course you mentioned. Plus, the amount of times you've had me laughing a little too hard on facebook, it's obvious you've got the talent to be one. :)

Eurgh, got up at 5pm today. I went back to sleep at 11am thinking I'll just have another hours sleep...and then it was 6 hours later. Another day wasted! Really want to just go for a bike ride tomorrow with only my iPod for company...but I know I'll ever get up and do so. I haven't got the drive.

Yeah I know I think the reason I'm unsure/down/blah is because the future I planned for myself is crumbling around me. London ain't happening and I've not admitted that out loud and not really dealt with it. Just feeling sorry for myself I think.

So like...weird day.

went to jayseven's house warming last night. Good times (he sends his regards from internet-less serfdom, I'm sure)

so today, hungover and watching awesome 30 rock all afternoon

then I got an interview for the journalism masters at sheffield, which was ace.

then my cat has to go to the vets and I wasn't sure I'd ever see him again. Cue me sobbing like a baby and being reduced to a bloody wreck. I literally had to just walk out the room without talking to anyone to hold off on breaking down before I got some privacy. Thankfully, vet reckons he has a treatable thyroid problem rather than kidney failure.

I'm still wrecked from it though. Even though he's (probably) going to be alright, I'm almost crying again just writing this.

That's a cold, dude...

Twas a little more than that! 24hr viral infection.

Varnished an old door today, got one more coat and sanding to do tomorrow. Then finish the skirting boards/window sill, radiator, hang a pair of venetian blinds and tidy up and i'm finished renovating the room.

Can someone confirm how many credits a university degree comprises of, and also how many modules you need to take a year.

Because I got a random e-mail about choosing a module for next year out of a selection of two and having four compulsory ones... which makes five. Why has my course gone from six modules to five...

My course had about 4 modules in the last year, one of which was a dissertation. Also, we had a block placement alongside that took part from September to January, so we had no modules or University teaching then.

But, the year before was perhaps double that. 8 or 9 modules. Heh. About the same the year before, too. And, these also included block placements.

It really depends, Mr. Wesley. Maybe one of your modules is worth double next year, meaning you take one less module but still have the same total amount of credits? Do you have somewhere online you can check your modules results, and which also shows how many credits you have, etc?

Woo, well done Dyson. Although I'm no longer sure if we can be friends. I'm too cool for the staff, yo.

Well... okay I think I might be alright then. I mean some of you guys saying about 4 modules to 8, with weighting of like.. 5 for some, have eased my mind. I thought it was a standard for 6 modules with 20 credits each. It just seems they've given us one less module - maybe so we can concentrate on entering more competitions... but anyway, I have an optional module just for hardcore modelling and texturing, awesome.

Sorry to hear you're upset Dan. Glad your cat will be ok though. Speaking as a human with a treatable thyroid disorder, its ok, just have to take a pill every day. Oh, I am a little upset with you for closing Ell's thread, I wanted to post that pic of me disapproving! :heh:

My name has become green, whoooaaaaaah. Whhhooooaaaaah. WHOOOAA! It's like the Matrix or some shi'..

Who did you sleep with?!

Grats! :D

Woo, well done Dyson. Although I'm no longer sure if we can be friends. I'm too cool for the staff, yo.

Well... okay I think I might be alright then. I mean some of you guys saying about 4 modules to 8, with weighting of like.. 5 for some, have eased my mind. I thought it was a standard for 6 modules with 20 credits each. It just seems they've given us one less module - maybe so we can concentrate on entering more competitions... but anyway, I have an optional module just for hardcore modelling and texturing, awesome.

Was last year your first or second year? It could just be that these modules are more important. So, you have less, but they need loooads of concentration.

Dan: Sorry to hear about the cat. Hope things go ok, soon.

Mollymon: Post eet. Post eet naaaw.

Edit: Also, well done, Dyson.

sat witha newbie at work today, he was terrified, had to explain every thing 5 times, he acualy handed me his head set, big no no. had to put mine on toilet break incase i got a call. i let him off cos hes new.

outher then that, i found my pizza i wanted for tea needs deforsting (a pizza you can't cook from frozen?) so im settling for toast and a bowl of savory rice.

parents are still up, and drunk, with my uncle. this is annoying as i just wanna relax, not have my dad trying to be funny by winding me up.

Sorry to hear you're upset Dan. Glad your cat will be ok though. Speaking as a human with a treatable thyroid disorder, its ok, just have to take a pill every day. Oh, I am a little upset with you for closing Ell's thread, I wanted to post that pic of me disapproving! :heh:

My mum has to take a pill/s every day, I think her thyroid was actually removed. She'll die if she doesn't take them. :sad: