Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I think you're in the minority there.

I've got to say, at the end of last week and the start of this one, I was feeling quite down. I originally couldn't work out what it was that was making me feel that way but I've worked it out now with a little help from my friends.

Doesn't actually resolve the issue mind even if their kind words did lessen my moping. Though as I sit here typing this, I can feel those thoughts coming back again.

Down with the moral majority. I think if you're down then just realising that at least someone actually fucking understands is enough to lighten the load. Whatever it is, I hope you're cool.

My night has been pretty neat. I've written half of the SFIV review I told myself I was going to write about a month ago. Don't know how many words it is so far but it's looking large. I really think I could get in to this writing malarky. It's good fun.

Why is it night time brings out the writer in me? Lack of distractions perhaps?

Edited by Dyson

An eventful last night, which turned out good in the end. Went out at 8pm, met my mate up there. 20 mins into the night he wasn't feeling too good and went to throw up (he hadn't drank anything yet), next thing i knew he was bleeding out of his head.

To cut a long story short, he ended up in the hospital whilst i had a night out on my own until the 3rd member of our group arrived at 10:30pm.

Broke up with this girl even though we weren't going out. We were exclusively single. She overreacted after causing an argument herself. Dom I have the msn conversation to read its hilarious. If anyone fancies a go they can but I doubt it will make a lot of sense :)

YOU WERE ON A BREAK. :blank:

BBQ and lots of beer with my old school mates last night. Absolutely awesome actually-played ring of fire which was massive win. Trying to learn Poker, too. I held my own for a while but I need to play sober for once and actually pay attention

Guest Captain Falcon
Down with the moral majority. I think if you're down then just realising that at least someone actually fucking understands is enough to lighten the load. Whatever it is, I hope you're cool.

I feel embarrassed typing this, but I've just been feeling a bit lonely lately.

I've always felt a bit of a loner at heart, and it never used to bother me at all. I had been like that for years, but now it does and every so often, it makes me feel rather depressed.

If anyone's been reading anything about the NATO summit, did anyone else notice the Turkish being a little crazy/bigoted/contradictory? They tried to block Anders Rasmussen, the Danish PM, from becoming the Secretary-General of NATO on account of "his handling of a row over cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed." Surely what the organisation designed to defend the free(er) world needs in a leader is the mindset of defending people's freedoms?

Oddly, the Turkish also stated that "This has nothing to do with Rasmussen personally," yet the country had "been urged by Islamic countries to veto Rasmussen's leadership bid." So, they don't like him and how he specifically did something, but it's not personal. Right...

I'm liking the idea of Turkey joining the EU less and less if this is how they carry themselves - on the way back from Torquay I talked for ages with some of the Greek guys on my course about the ongoing tension, and Cyprus, and Turkey appears to be a bit prone to knee-jerk reactions.

Oh, and for the record, according the BBC News site's ticker, he got the position.

Edited by The fish

Just went into town to helo my mum take back stuff. I like grey/mildly rainy days like this. It was nice. Got some stuff. had lunch, came home.

Listening to an amazing Tori Amos show from 2001. She's an amazing artist if you like live stuff, people have databased like...every show she's ever done for you to DL!

Not much else. Will do more portfolio later.

Last night was fun at ReZ's mini gathering! I love Werther's original vodka so much, it's splendid. Although I still feel hungover, today has been lovely. Mainly sat in the garden sunning myself with real lemonade and the paper. Also, everyone's much happier round here as my mum's now staying in her job; compromises have been made and it's all dandy, woop.

Last night was fun at ReZ's mini gathering! I love Werther's original vodka so much, it's splendid. Although I still feel hungover, today has been lovely. Mainly sat in the garden sunning myself with real lemonade and the paper. Also, everyone's much happier round here as my mum's now staying in her job; compromises have been made and it's all dandy, woop.

Dudette...innit. We in the garden too. Come cinrema. 7pm. Got a DSi yay. Which this post is from. ;)

Dudette...innit. We in the garden too. Come cinrema. 7pm. Got a DSi yay. Which this post is from. ;)

I don't know what a DSi is tbh? OH WAIT LOL... the banner. I actually just realised why Ali G is on the banner, I thought he was there just to annoy me.

What you going to see?

Monday = essay writing times :D wrote 1000 words from 9 to like 12, then my computer broke! went to class etc, from 3 to 5 i tried to fix it, no avail. Had to rewrite my essay 2500 words from scratch, worst day ever.

Tuesday = handed in essay, slept till late

Wednesday = dillidallied not doing my essay due for tuesday

Thursday = same

Friday = a hell of a lot of stuff really, it was mungo's massive, and pretty much hundreds of people went. there was this girl that i was chatting to, exchanged numbers and were gonna meet up later that night, as she had to find her friend, later i walk down some stairs to find her making out with some guy (Y).

I chatted up another girl and then found out shes a lesbian. score

and ell, sorry for not chatting, shall find away some how :P if only by text (Y) you did the right, thing, can't wait to read it

I'm having a night in tonight, no mates are available tonight at all.

One is a bum and has no money, the one that got injured last night is on medication and cannot drink, one is working tonight and another is in town with a bunch of mates. So i'm in with a few beers.

Which means Harry Hill at 6:30pm and the Bulls game at 7pm which should do me nicely up until 8:30pm.

Guest Captain Falcon
Captain Falcon: embrace the internet. Fear not to share with us plebs on here, we're typically quite grown up when it comes to serious talkings.

And come to the N-E meet in london this summer. It'll rox.

I must admit, I am somewhat intrigued by the idea of the meet up but I question whether I know the other folks well enough. Most of those going are what I would call established members of this place with a good knowledge of each other - I fear for feeling like an outsider.

I must admit, I am somewhat intrigued by the idea of the meet up but I question whether I know the other folks well enough. Most of those going are what I would call established members of this place with a good knowledge of each other - I fear for feeling like an outsider.

Don't worry about any of that :) Yes, there will be some people who know each other, maybe have already met one another, but that's not any cause for alarm. I've met a few people here, some that I would've previously considered as more established than me, and a few that I didn't think I'd like, or that they didn't like me, and I've not had a bad time yet.

We won't ALLOW you to feel like an outsider. Nuh-uh!

Don't worry about any of that :) Yes, there will be some people who know each other, maybe have already met one another, but that's not any cause for alarm. I've met a few people here, some that I would've previously considered as more established than me, and a few that I didn't think I'd like, or that they didn't like me, and I've not had a bad time yet.

We won't ALLOW you to feel like an outsider. Nuh-uh!

Jay7 is really good at making sure everyone is included! Essential part of the meet-ups me thinks :heh:

Yesterday I got my Jobseeker's Allowance thing almost completely sorted. This means I'll have some money and be even more likely to come to teh meet-up. :)

I also came up with an idea for a story yesterday. Currently planning it out and making notes. Won't post it in the creative board, though. :blank:

Today I awoke at 8 o'clock. I was terrified.

I went back to sleep and got up at 1. That was more like it.

Now that I've finished Uni I've got 2 more deadlines for about 3 weeks away so pretty much lounging about all day is my rota for things. Today was essentially that. Did sweet fa until half 6, made dinner (pasta and cheese) then watched Jackie Chan's Who am I? Decided 'why not' and finished watching the film. I'm gonna learn more Flash over the holiday. I've got an awesome idea I want to create for a website.

Guest Jordan

Fucking crazy day.

Today, i got up at 10 and got a text from a friend saying "hey, we liked your idea yesterday... lets go to the beach!" I was like, fuck yeah. So, I walked into town with another friend who stays over at mine on weekends sometimes. Went to see Letty, talked for a bit, had a hug... Which felt reassuring and familiar, but yeah.

We then met up at friends place and grabbed the 12 bus out of town a place called "Bigton". Ironically, its tiny and where Letty once lived and where i've been many times before. So 40 minutes and two buses later, we were in Bigton. Nice place, went to the beach and walked the entire length of St. Ninians Isle, astounding views, really nice day for it.

So, we walked all the way back to Bigton. Looked at our phones, there was no way we would make the next bus. Oh anus. So, we then walked about 6 miles from Bigton to the nearest town Sandwick. Waited around for a bus till 5:30pm got back into town at 6pm. Then, I came home, got dressed and went back to theirs, had takeaway and just got home.

Crazy assed day, pictures to come whenever my friend gets her ass onto flickr.

Wish I didn't like practically the furthest away you can be from the seaside in the UK :( I seldom wish to go to the seaside, but it'd be nice to have the option.

Weird day. Felt lonely. Hopefully that'll pass by tomorrow. Done a bit of uni work. I think I can crank out this essay in a few hours just getting the energy to do it.

Watching Mio fratello è figlio unico again (in the hope it might inspire/provide a muse to me). Do love it, not often I watch a film three times. Accio's dance is one of the greatest things ever, as well as the word "bambino" of course. I like how he is constantly making the wrong decisions but is so passionate about his beliefs.

Went Zorbing today. Was only slightly hungover so it wasn't too bad. My friend was worse. Although afterwards she felt fine, whereas I felt fine before hand and felt bad afterwards.

Also on the drive up there my car started dying and juddering. So I left it in a car park off of J35A and got my borther to come pick us up. Whilst my dad took the spare and fetched the car.

Also I went to La Tasca in leeds. Never been to a tapas bar before so it was quite good.