NEurope

Woops.....I hate being in the force of habit of typing 2008 as opposed to 2009.....it can be quite important in some aspects of certain things. Eep.

I agree with this, except in my case I inspired myself. Just because im like that. But yes, you need to realise your inner awesome.

Inspiration from within and without are very different.

A balance is needed and that's where most people encounter a problem.

I just had a dream where I flew to Vietnam or somewhere to go to a Beyonce concert. To get into the concert hall you had to destroy a tetris-like wall of multi-coloured bricks. Then Beyonce opened with Ring The Alarm, with lovely short hair. After that, she put on a powerpoint presentation about all the important people in the world, featuring completely random people (most of which I've forgotten). Then she got off the stage, and started dancing to one of her own songs in the crowd, forgetting to sing. Then she got on this canon that fired high-pressured globules of fluff, which she promised no matter how well one aimed would never hit anyone or cause any damage.

Then I woke up.

Inspiration from within and without are very different.

A balance is needed and that's where most people encounter a problem.

Hmm. While I don't doubt other people did help me I personally feel I helped myself a lot. Or at least I got myself to a point where others could help and it was a snowball effect.

I just had a dream where I flew to Vietnam or somewhere to go to a Beyonce concert. To get into the concert hall you had to destroy a tetris-like wall of multi-coloured bricks. Then Beyonce opened with Ring The Alarm, with lovely short hair. After that, she put on a powerpoint presentation about all the important people in the world, featuring completely random people (most of which I've forgotten). Then she got off the stage, and started dancing to one of her own songs in the crowd, forgetting to sing. Then she got on this canon that fired high-pressured globules of fluff, which she promised no matter how well one aimed would never hit anyone or cause any damage.

Then I woke up.

You had me at "Hah-Low!", but the rest of the paragraph was good too.

When I was walking up hill today it felt as if I was shrinking which got me thinking about Garden Gnomes and whether they'd be able to cope with our modern world if they were brought to life. :)

So far good day! played some Caracosson which is a game of Kings. :grin: I also tried a Cheesy Dorito for a snack before breakfast, never again!

I have not done a great deal since the beginning of 2009 but Tomorrow. (or perhaps later on today) It is down to some more of that revision as my first exam is in 5 day! :D

Also Onion Ring crisps in a Tortilla are yummy!

Hmm. While I don't doubt other people did help me I personally feel I helped myself a lot. Or at least I got myself to a point where others could help and it was a snowball effect.

There's your balance for you. :wink:

Yes indeed, Aimless - I also have lots of laundry to do, food shopping, things to pick up from various buildings in the city, season 4 of BSG and seasons 1 and 2 of Prison Break to watch... Tell me, do you like gin? Spiced rum?

I've decided that today is BBCiPlayer catch-up time. Just done Johnny Creekster, next are the two Top Gearz, then who knows what.

nami and shorty are coming home today! Woot woot woot :D

Unless you were Jesus or something.

*jiggles arm!* ;) What you were saying about inner- and outer-inspiration sourcemajigs - I tend to find it incredibly hard to 'inspire' myself. It always takes some quirk of reality to send the creative juices off on crazy disco-ball tangents.

I agree with this, except in my case I inspired myself. Just because im like that. But yes, you need to realise your inner awesome.

Just booked a hair dressers appointment for a few weeks. Didn't have I usually go for (as most people seem rather shit and miserable, particularly one girl I went to school with) but gave me "Fred, another top stylist" instead. Been ages since I had a hair cut. Got it just in time for Sheffield and birthday antics.

Oh yeah assignment...

Define 'ages'! I've not had one since the middle of summer, and forgot to get it done over xmas. The sheffield hairdressers scare me, so I may just throw some scissors in the air and do some pirouettes.

Holy shit I'm dizzy. Like literally swaying in my seat. This can't be good.

Holy shit I'm dizzy. Like literally swaying in my seat. This can't be good.

/////////////////////////////////

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Define 'ages'! I've not had one since the middle of summer, and forgot to get it done over xmas. The sheffield hairdressers scare me, so I may just throw some scissors in the air and do some pirouettes.

Few months. Just before uni started. They've text me twice saying "its been a while since you were here". Im stuck in laziness; too lazy to find one where I now live, too lazy to go visit my hometown. Figured I can splice in a visit to certain people that day too but generally I try and avoid unnecessary contact with my hometown.

If I had the money I'd get it done every few weeks but at (essentially) £18 a pop I canne unfortuantly.

I gave my hair a trim one NYE. Thankfully it looked good. Hairdressing, not that hard. Probably a lie.

*jiggles arm!* ;) What you were saying about inner- and outer-inspiration sourcemajigs - I tend to find it incredibly hard to 'inspire' myself. It always takes some quirk of reality to send the creative juices off on crazy disco-ball tangents.

Until you're of the legal age to turn water into wine I'm not sure you count, Baby Jesus. :D

It's a balance I imagine is different in everyone. I'd say I needed that initial faith in me and that has made me who I am but I can't forget that I'm surrounded my a lot of fantastic people. A lot of them expect great things from me, which someone let slip during a seven hour stint at the pub. :heh:

Is it necessary? I don't know. It is a nice thing to hear though.

Aimless, you seem like you lack meaning in your life. As far as I can read from your posts, you suffer from some form of depression, yet you don't seem to care about it. To be completely honest, you don't seem to care about much in the sense that you just can't be bothered about it. I dunno if I'm reading it totally wrong. I'm simply a wannabe psychologist.

Anyway, to backtrack a little, I can't for the love of my life comprehend why people sleep till late afternoon. Hell, I hate it when I sleep much past 10 AM! I feel like I'm wasting time when I'm sleeping. Only when I'm really, REALLY tired do I like to take a nap, but otherwise I don't like sleeping much.

As I said to a colleague yesterday; its always nice to hear that someone wants/loves you. Even if it was fueled by drink.

(although in his case he text a lesbian colleague "I want to coin you" and none of us can figure out what that means...but we agreed it was a good thing)

(and BJ (lols :P) your texts last night are starting to make sense now. I forgot about the name change)

350 words left of this bloody essay on Marx...

These last words always take the longest.

350 words left of this bloody essay on Marx...

These last words always take the longest.

Conclusion/summarise, baby. Haha.

We've been doing a fair bit of tidying up this morning, and now the house looks cleeeean. Now, I'm sat here watching Keep the Faith, by Bon Jovi.

I'm gonna dedicate that to Aimless. :)

I find the faffy fiddling at the end the worst. Going through and making sure it all makes sense, the references are correct, the formatting is fine etc. Actually do you happen to know (if you use Harvard...or anyone does); during an essay do you mention the year the first time you mention the author (presuming you're only using one of their works) or everytime. E.g. "Butler (1990) argues that gender is fluid....Thus, according to Butler this representaiton is..." Is that fine? Would ask lecturers but they're off until Monday and this is due in then.

But yes with my Wall-E assignment its all in place other than a few things need a reference. Tomorrow I shall work on my script. This year is going to be an expensive year for printing. One assignment is 12 pages. This Wall-E one is 17 in text alone, and then need to add images and other shit. Screenwriting is going to be a lot. And then I need to print my dissertation...twice.

And just got a phone call off my mother. My father is once again getting drunk and texting her abusive/emotional blackmail-ey texts. However O2 said they can't block the number and as she had already recieved a free sim card from them in the past for this she'll have to pay £35 to get another. Yes she gave it him believing he's chanegd, an error in judgement, but come on, £35 is harsh. I told her to tell her he found the number off Beav's (brother) phone. Grown ups eh?

I've got super glue on my fingers. And I had oil/dirt on my fingers from the car. So now the dirt is protected by super glue and I can't get it off.

I've got super glue on my fingers. And I had oil/dirt on my fingers from the car. So now the dirt is protected by super glue and I can't get it off.

Use a nail file. It works perfectly.

Honestly the best tip you will have had for a long time. No need to thank me. :)

Ah what a lazy day, I've really gained weight since being home...I knew mum was trying to fatten me up ^_^!

Finished prince of persia and started playing sonic abit more. I don't know how I survived without an xbox to play on! I'm tired and want to sleep already..sigh I had a feeling this might happen.

Hoping to get my mum's engagement ring done tomorrow so I can finally have it. We'll see.

I find the faffy fiddling at the end the worst. Going through and making sure it all makes sense, the references are correct, the formatting is fine etc. Actually do you happen to know (if you use Harvard...or anyone does); during an essay do you mention the year the first time you mention the author (presuming you're only using one of their works) or everytime. E.g. "Butler (1990) argues that gender is fluid....Thus, according to Butler this representaiton is..." Is that fine? Would ask lecturers but they're off until Monday and this is due in then.

I only ever mention the author and the name of the article in the footnotes.

But that's my style.

I do that because if an idea is worth including in my essay it shouldn't matter who wrote it, so it goes in the footnotes.

Like ReZ said, a file will work, but if one isn't handy, you can always chew super glue off. I've done it.

I only ever mention the author and the name of the article in the footnotes.

But that's my style.

I do that because if an idea is worth including in my essay it shouldn't matter who wrote it, so it goes in the footnotes.

Ah cheers then. Different system then as we don't do footnotes. Can't find anything in our university's literature which clears it up (and ignoring the fact every lecturer wants slight alterations in spite of the fact they pretend they agree). Logically to me theres no point in keep putting the year but you only need one lecturer who thinks they know better... :blank:

My New Year's Eve was spent with one of my best friends and his family. He brought his new Xbox 360 which his girlfriend got him for Christmas.

Now I really want an Xbox.