NEurope

cube; MEGACOTTONNN!!! ...?

Nah, they're probably going to annoy all of us by announcing some knitting stuff for the casual audience.

126713456905_megaton___1_cover.jpg

Last few days. Sunday first proper shift at McDonalds (urgh). Was okay I suppose. Glad I'm on lobby rather than anywhere else. Already better than everyone else I was with :p Its amazing how fucking rude the staff are to the supervisors. Bloody kids! Few people guessed my age at 17 though so I'm cool with that. The utter shock and despair when I ordered a salad for lunch was amusing.

Interview today at Next. Surprisingly easy. Asked four basic questions (the kind you fill out online like "what if a customer asked you something you didn't know?") I prepped myself to explain why I'd be most suited, examples of team work etc (buzz words from the application) and none of it came up. After the third she asked "have you worked for Next before?" I guess I must have been answering well. Did a brief trial, i.e. standing by the door faking happiness and politeness to customers.

Then got a few things from the shopping centre. Got father's day (urgh) present. Woman on the counter was prattling on about using aftershave correctly. Went into Lush to buy new conditioner and was chatting to the staff. Mild flirtation with one of them, always fun. Also went past the phone place I interviewed for last week (and presumably didn't get) and there was some lanky 14 year old greebo (or at least looked like one) there. I hope they didn't choose that over me as its just insulting :p

Hahaha!

Todaaaaaay...

Went into uni. for a pre-placement session.

Should pick up results but I'm more excited about E3 happenings.

Off to see Richard Ashcroft tonight.

Can't wait to get back to watch Sony's presseeeeer.

E3!

So I'm already drunk, and I'm gonna be drinking until about 12am. I won't go so far as to say today will be fun, but...it ought to be interesting.

Lulz I can now access NE after not being able to since last Wednesday (I think) so that is a win. So many posts to catch up on and E3 discussions to partake in.

YAYzor.

As for my day - boring, standard school day.

Gizmo maybe it's a good idea to let us know now, before it's too late -- cremation or burial?

Gizmo maybe it's a good idea to let us know now, before it's too late -- cremation or burial?

Well given what he's doing I think cremation would be a very bad idea...

Let's face it - it'll cost next to nothing and it'll be a heck of a show -- we could charge admission and everything!

I started at GAME yesterday. I already love it x1000 more than HMV, the team is much more of a team than at HMV and everything seems to just work a lot simpler. Efficiencies > Reps.

Anyway, aside from that had a good couple of days, what with E3 and everything!

I have the proper internet back! No more sponging off my neighbors unsecured wireless connection! Oh glorious day!

Finding out you have the same taste in music as Portuguese guy you irrationally fancy = win.

I knew Robyn, Roisin Murphy and Telepathe would all serve me well.

Didn't do much today. Played some theme park DS, did exercise. Watched the Nintendo conference omg! So happy about everything that got announced. Happy fangirl is meeeee! ^____^

nightwolf; cheers for the offer but brighton's still a good two hours away from essex and yeah I have a buttload of stuff.

Why is Jayseven talking about Essex, and why is Nightwolf giving Essex the great honour of coming down regularly? Is it because I'm there? :p

I have a sore back and neck but it's been worth it. A lot of work today, going through press releases, posting stuff and internet issues wrecking everything. Never had to cover E3 before but I've not done too bad I must say.

Anyway, obviously watched the Nintendo Conference. A whole load of 'hell yeahs!' were screamed throughout. Missed Sony's due to internet issues.

Got a shiny new Black Wii today :yay: I can now finally play SMG2. Haven't been able to unbox it or even hook it up yet because of all of the work I've had to do. And I've still got more. Will have to work on through till midnight before passing the torch on to someone else. But he'll have it easy as myself and one other guy have covered nearly everything Nintendo related from E3 so far.

so yeh, very tired. Still a while to go before I can sleep. Good times....

Why is Jayseven talking about Essex, and why is Nightwolf giving Essex the great honour of coming down regularly? Is it because I'm there? :p

narf! It's all on the previous page, boyo. My family is strong in essex, under many assumed surnames. BE AFRAID!

Job applications are making me annoyed. Having no referees is ruining my day. I meant to get references from my tutors, then stopped looking for a job, so never did. Bumholes. And now is the worst time to ask, since it's everyone screaming at the fact of the exhibition being on Thursday.

Realistically shops are going to care... You only need references if you're actually applying for a proper thing.

I assume you mean't "aren't".

I was applying for jobs in the Festival. Since no one's going to take me on at the moment - I'm in Orkney for a needlessly dividing 2 weeks. And a fringe job/s would be too appropriate. But one I was filling out, loving the idea as I went, then got to the bit where it was like "Tell us about your experiences with *name of venue company* before!" and 'Why do you love us!" and things like that. I could try and blag it, but I'll do it tomorrow.

Well just say you've never worked with them before... It's not like they're never going to hire new people.

Sometimes reading about people's fears of the novel is touching, especially when they're always so damn romantic about it.

Paj; apply for anywhere any everywhere, even for places you don't want to work. The interview experience is what you're after, and you are completely allowed to decline any job offers you receive that you don't want. You'll quickly learn the bullshit lingo necessary.

Employers like to hire the young'uns as they can pay you a heck of a lot less for the same work. My 'first' job at woolworths was awesome because they accidentally gave me the 21+ contract, so they were paying me far more than the national minimum wage decreed acceptable for my age. My first interview was with Tescos, and it was horrible, but it gave me the perspective to succeed at every job interview I've had since (which is three, soon to be three and a half).

For referees I used a college tutor and a family friend. I'm pretty sure they didn't call on either. I don't know what the job is like that you applied for, but in retail you need to prove you're somehow trustworthy, reliable, smart enough to use a till and able to handle sums of money without running out of the store. My CV referred to a 'volunteer' job I had helping my mum count foreign currencies when I was 10-14 at her workplace. But then on the application form for greatest life achievement I put "I once came 2nd place in a beauty contest in monopoly" and they still gave me the job - 3 places and 70 applicants. Nobody gives a shit.

And clearly I'm in the mood to write.

Haha, I got sent home at like 9.30 last night because I couldn't stand up straight anymore. So I have no idea if it was a good night or not. Woops.

Haha, I got sent home at like 9.30 last night because I couldn't stand up straight anymore. So I have no idea if it was a good night or not. Woops.

Was it good from what you remember? Break it down for us.

Nobody gives a shit.

Literally this. The employer will judge you within 2 seconds of meeting you, and since the job in question demands no qualifications, they have no reason to go on anything other than first impression. If you aren't a chav, you'll get the job.

Aww Elli! It's not I'm afraid, the boy and his family live in Essex. I was offering Jay a lift towards his home because I regularly travel 3 hours but his stuff wouldn't ever fit in my small ford fiesta. :blush: