NEurope

Just went t'pub to sell my mate a camping chair for £5 plus a pint. he was 30 mins late so i sat in dev green on my chair smoking like a chimney. The guy I sold it to is the guy who initially said he'd offer me a good rent deal at his mother-owned flat and ended up offering me extortion. Well I tell you, I'm glad he didn't offer me a good deal as I've realised he really, really, really, really, really, REALLY annoys me. We went to Frog and Parrot, then Dev Cat and watched as all the students piled in to the school disco at corp - opened at 10, one-in one-out by 10:30. I texted nightwolf as I thought it was her who said she was going tonight -- I think it was Razz. Wonder if you got in in the end boyo!

WALL OF TEXT

Going to spend the next few hours watching True Blood s02. Goodnight!

Cos I can work all Summer, go to Uni and then have a gaurenteed job for Xmas and Easter and next Summer.

Ah, right. So you're guarenteed a job- cool :) I've got a 6-hour contract y'see, and at first over xmas they were awesome and gave me 30+ hours a week, recently they've been giving me minimum hours... so if I was on a zero-hour contract effectively there'd be no guarentee of any hours at all!

Why has today turned into one of those days where I feel like crap for no particular reason? It's been a relatively good day...then one person says one thing, which gets you thinking, and boom. 3 pint sized vodka cokes later...

Zero hour contracts are mainly for students that want to work in the holidays, its not really given elsewhere when people want to work every week.

I've been on that for the past 4 years.

Working quite a lot these past few weeks earning monaaay. Shall be awesome when I get paid. Girlfriend supposed to be briefly coming back to uni for the day on friday but now she doesn't know. As soon as I reply saying do what you want I'm not going to push you into anything, she accuses me of not wanting to see her!

Women ay.

Zero hour contracts are mainly for students that want to work in the holidays, its not really given elsewhere when people want to work every week.

Or for Christmas temps because Lord knows they're the most incompetent creatures to ever crawl out from under their piss-soaked rocks and it makes it easier to fire them when they keep fucking up.

I've been on that for the past 4 years.

Got an email from Vodafone earlier, turns out i can upgrade my phone now (something about it being within 50 days of the end of my contract). Just need to to find out how many days exact are left and i may do this.

I swear Google are copying Bing.

Seriously, take a look

http://www.bing.com/

http://www.google.co.uk/

Meh.

It's only copied a tiny aesthetic.

When Bing originally copied pretty much everything from Google.

But anyway, meh.

Ok, so apparently this is only going on for 24 hours and after that it's going back to how it was.

It's just to show people what they can do if they sign up for a Google Account (in the bottom left it says change background image).

Edited by Wesley

Had a mock exam this morning. Went well, although I forgot what spherical coordinates were, and spent half an hour working out what they were and what their Jacobian wrt to cartesian coords is; it feels stunning working things out in the exam, because it makes you look good.

Then had lunch, and then watched the Chemists get trashed (I'm so jealous that they've finished exams so early)!

Images which capture the mood of the moment nicely:

27978_10150206005985142_547470141_13020668_7884276_n.jpg

27978_10150206006055142_547470141_13020674_1162262_n.jpg

I had an interview last week for an internal job in Investment Accounting, I've got it and I accepted it today. It'll be my last day in the contact centre next friday. I still get made redundant in November and I still desperately want to leave before then, but yeah. Got a 10% payrise, which is lovely.

Congrats Molly.

My dad woke me up at 7 asking me to take my sister to work, which I did. Came back and was still really tired (the lack of central heating doesn't help), so I ended up having a 2 hour nap. Spent the rest of the day playing bad company 2. Also missed my orthodontic appointment which was to discuss my surgery. She rang me up and booked it for october. Then she rang again and said I'm ready for surgery so it's now in july.

Oh and I had rib-eye steak for lunch. /win

Edited by MoogleViper

Congrats Molly. At least you're having better luck on the job front than me :D

So yeh, went out to Dundee today and was just having a wander around town as I needed to get out the house. I was going too far into my head due to the people around me at home. So was out, saw a shop was advertising for Summer Temps and seeing as I had printed some CVs and brought those with me, I went in to hand mine in. Get to the counter and start to ask the person about it, readying to hand them my CV when she says, "Do you have any previous retail/fashion experience?" It's a clothes store that sells brands like Billabong and Mambo and that kind of stuff. Surfing gear. So I answer no and I'm told they can't take my CV as the manager is only looking for those with previous experience to fill the job. People with previous experience to fill a temporary summer job. Didn't say that on the advert. Manager wasn't there so couldn't ask him/her about it and as they wouldn't take my CV, I just left. Seriously, I can understand the whole "Oh, you don't have any experience so we went with someone else" thing if you've applied for a job but not letting you apply because of it, even though it doesn't say that on the advert, is ridiculous. I wasn't expecting much anyway but that just annoyed me. And not the first time that's happened either.:nono:

Oh well, just have to keep looking. The rest of the day:

- Watching and finishing Scrubs season 8 again (love it!)

- Playing a bit o' Pokemon and Red Dead Redemption

- Finding out the issues with my internet connection are as a result of Virgin Media and not me (knew this anyway) but as it's my parents who pay for the service, I can't do anything about it and they don't seem to be doing anything either :shakehead

- Feeling a bit jittery. Definitely not eating enough (yesterday all I ate was a bowl of cereal, a piece of toast and something for dinner. Not a good idea)

And now I'm off to make dinner. : peace:

I had an interview last week for an internal job in Investment Accounting, I've got it and I accepted it today. It'll be my last day in the contact centre next friday. I still get made redundant in November and I still desperately want to leave before then, but yeah. Got a 10% payrise, which is lovely.

Brave girl. Did Kelly get it aswell? Well actually, I assume she did,....I assume theres no way you'd accept not./

Brave girl. Did Kelly get it aswell? Well actually, I assume she did,....I assume theres no way you'd accept not./

Yeah Sophie's an issue, but I'll deal. Don't know about Kelly yet. Unfortunately I have to think about myself, this is something different to put on my CV with a new skill set.

Went into college, my little film got a good reception from my tutors. I already got a 7/good mark for it when I handed it in, but this week's been about "resolving" everything before the exhibition. Then planned how I'm going to present it with them, come on designing a shrine incorporating a crucifix with a bat symbol emblazoned across it.

Then played football wit da boyz at lunch. I was surprisingly good. (still worse than the others, but better than I expected)

Came home. Read more Hulk.

Sat with my mum and dad wrapping my sister's presents for her birthday. Had a battle with a fly in my room. Am now here.

Came home. Read more Hulk.

Yes. Semi. Well I like it because ;

Hulk_2_Double_page_spread.jpg

Too fucking cool.

So yeah I went to Chessington World of Adventures today.

30317_10150188491485581_509970580_12903474_2089803_n.jpg

Was lulz.

30317_10150188491485581_509970580_12903474_2089803_n.jpg

What are Eenuh and Sophie from Peep Show doing there?!

Also: I'm back! : peace:

I think I speak for all of us when I (/the t-shirt) say:

molly_rocks_tshirt-p235289044310766528ud3o_400.jpg

Congrats :)

I had an interview today that I think went okay. Although one of the people interviewing me was hot, which was quite distracting. But they said "good answer' when I answered "why are you most suitable for this role" (or something to that affect) so hopefully...wait and see. Although when I got out I was all blissful and happy (and Daft Punk's 'Make Love' was playing which was a pleasant surprise as the centre usually has crap music) until the "I could have said this" thoughts started creeping in.

But I was wearing a suit (with a new shirt!) at least and we all know that:

Oral Danish exam tomorrow. I'm constantly shifting between thinking it's gonna be a piece of cake and thinking I'm gonna fail miserably. I'm trying to stick to the former thought. Tomorrow at 10 (9 for you Brits) I'll know for sure.

Molly rock could be a name and that person could belong to her ::shrug:

Oral Danish exam tomorrow. I'm constantly shifting between thinking it's gonna be a piece of cake and thinking I'm gonna fail miserably. I'm trying to stick to the former thought. Tomorrow at 10 (9 for you Brits) I'll know for sure.

If i don't speak to you before, good luck in the exam.

Molly rock could be a name and that person could belong to her ::shrug:

Even if the grammar does make me want to tear my eyes out, it's love for the sentiment. Love.

Also, fingers crossed for the job!

I just had the best bath ever. I made a playlist for it and everything. I'm old.

Grats on the job, Molly. Good work :)

My day: Lots of Red Dead Redemption, a bit of work and some faffing about. Fuuuun!

Improper use of the genitive case fail.

Fail at not knowing the English genitive hasn't been marked by case since at least Middle English. Only pronouns inflect for genitive now, with 's being more of a clitic than anything else.

Oh and I got drunk oddly easily earlier. To sleep, or to Apprentice?