NEurope

I've been laying on this bed for a good 3 hours and still I cannot sleep :(

Just had a good 2 hour session on SSFIV with Domstercool and got my arse handed to me in style. That's not to say it was all one sided though! Great fun. Right nooow I'm contemplating turning on WarioWare DIY but I just know that I'll be creating a game for the next 3-4 hours. Maybe bed is a better idea.

I've been laying on this bed for a good 3 hours and still I cannot sleep :(

Stop masturbating then.

I feel soooooo tired. Don't think I slept well, keep having weird/scary dreams. Probably from stress.

Also, I think I seriously messed up my wrist somehow, 'cause the pain won't go away at all. Urgh, not good.

Oh, could everyone who is awake cross their fingers for Jim please? He's having his interview this morninggggggg! Hope he gets the job! =)

*crosses fingers*

urgh.... got to get into exam mindset now. I'd much have preferred my exam to be in the morning as then I don't have time to stress about it. Although I'm surprisingly calm about the whole thing. Which is probably bad as it's always better to have a little fear running through you. It'll be fine........... at least I hope so. So not wanting to have to resit the whole module in two exams in August.

Oh, and being woken up by a cat jumping onto your chest isn't a nice start to the day. Woke up and this white thing is just sitting there as if saying 'Oh, your awake?' :laughing:

Today is MADNESS.

Got an exam, a vote to cast, a house viewing and drinking to do. I started smoking again for this revision period, but this is my final exam and I'm ending it on this deck of ten Lucky Strike, the best way to end it. Gonna miss you Lucky Strikes.. Until work stresses me out and I cave in.

May also try my hand in searching for some Dew, but there are no BP Connects around for fucking miles and there's no guarantee they'l have it. Balls. Also I've had multiple spelling mistakes to correct during this post, indicating the more I learn another language, the more I forgot of my own. Double balls.

I used to wake up the Strong bad freaking way - "I wake up every morning feeling AWESOME!"

But the last few days I've been getting progressively worse to the point where I was sneezing so much in college yesterday I had to just leave the room because I was being too disruptive :P Of my own accord of course, my tutor didn't force me to go out or anything. Anyway, I wake up this morning with an incredibly sore throat, so sore in fact that it feels like i've been giving a blow job to a huge black man and so I decide to not go into college but instead, rest at home like the sick boy that I am. Usually on a day off I would put on Jeremy Kyle but i'm not going to subject myself to such shit tv today and instead am going to whack on a F.R.I.E.N.D.S dvd! After all this time I've finally made my way to Series 10.

"Ichiban! Lipstick for men!" :grin:

I feel soooooo tired. Don't think I slept well, keep having weird/scary dreams. Probably from stress.

Also, I think I seriously messed up my wrist somehow, 'cause the pain won't go away at all. Urgh, not good.

Oh, could everyone who is awake cross their fingers for Jim please? He's having his interview this morninggggggg! Hope he gets the job! =)

Good luck Jimmmm!!

So did I write about yesterday? I can't remember anyway.

Hmm..

Fingers crossed.

So far the day's been meh. Turned on my TV only to see that 90% of the screen are black. Then I drove to the store asking for a replacement. Their reaction: "LG has on-site services, call them". Good to know.

Well, going to do that today...

So much for trying the Split Second demo :blank:

Now for a big fat BUT:

Tonight is football night. Some mates and me are going to play a nice round of football :)

i went to vote and my next door neighbour was out at the polling station, bullying everyone to vote DUP. My mum tried to steal his stupid pamphlets =D bahaha.

Now I'm making gluten free pizza. omn nom nom!

Thanks for all of your support.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the job. I was full of confidence this morning, but the more I got talking to one of the candidates, the more I realised that she was much more experienced, suited and confident than I was. She's got a very similar degree to me and has over 4 years experience of doing the job that we were applying for - Transition Teacher. She was supremely confident, but then I would be if I was in her position. She's been teaching for many years, already has a job that she enjoys, so really it's no skin off her nose if she didn't get this one. She's one of these people that could probably talk their way into any other job tomorrow if they didn't get the one today. Great for her, not for me.

I let my head go down too easily, and was very depressed on the train home. However, the feedback from the day was actually much better than I expected. I thought I had supremely fucked up my lesson by messing up my timing, but the observer said that "your rapport with the pupils was extremely good and you showed very good, clear behaviour management strategies." If I had known that at the time, I might have felt a bit more confident in the final interview, but I think the outcome would have been the same. The right person won. The kids were amazing though, and most of them were shaking my hand when they were leaving the classroom, which I wasn't really expecting. So, I made a good impression there.

In my final interview, they said that I should have been a bit more concise with some of the answers. I clearly had the understanding but perhaps didn't show that I did straight away. So, could have done better there, but there were many positives I could take from there, they said.

They said that it was a pleasure to meet me and that I was a very good class teacher. The headteacher spoke to me afterwards and said that he wants to help me in any way he can. He mentioned that there may be further work coming up in the school in some capacity, and even though it might only be a term's worth of work, that there might be something more here/there for me. So, to hear that from him was very good. He said I was very close but that the winning candidate just had more experience.

So, overall: I was depressed after the interview, but feel better after getting the feedback. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself, but I definitely felt I could have done a lot better. It's my first teaching interview, but I'm confident I can get the next one.

So, overall: I was depressed after the interview, but feel better after getting the feedback. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself, but I definitely felt I could have done a lot better. It's my first teaching interview, but I'm confident I can get the next one.

Don't feel down, anyone would be mighty lucky to get such a job on a first try. Like you said the experience from this one will prepare you for the next, and that's what it's all about really. Sounds like there might be a silver lining too from what the head teacher said so good for you!

I've been to the doctor's today, and I've mixed feelings. Firstly I've been prescribed some stronger beta blockers to keep my heart a bit calmer/stop me getting myself into a tizz. But I've also been given the option of antidepressants as well, and I have to decide whether or not I'm ok with going down this route. That's the thing though, I'm not sure I want to dabble with such things, or let alone relent to them either. I'd feel quite defeatist I think; antidepressants at the age of 19, not a great start to my adult life. Then again they could help immensely, so I'm very torn!

Good news though, I've been invited to the University of Southampton's Chemistry department tomorrow to have a look around and chat with the admissions guy. It's like a very informal interview, and he seems really keen so this could be awesome. Have to be up at 5.30am though, boooo!

*Hugs* for flinky, at least you had a go, eh? Well done anyway, it'll help you with the next interview you'll haveee.

So I'm baaaack. Well I never really went. I became a lurker. But ReZ sent me a message saying he wanted me back (or words to that effect) so I thought I'd put in a bit of effort.

Update of my life:

Now at uni in London, studying Journalism, tis awesome.

Still with lovely girlfriend of 2 and a half years :)

Not much else interesting to say lol.

GOING TO BENICASSIM FEST IN THE SUMMER YAY!

Now off to pull an all nighter and watch the election results come in :)

Considering you didn't get the job, I think it was the next best outcome, so I will congratulate you anyway. :)

*Hugs* for flinky, at least you had a go, eh? Well done anyway, it'll help you with the next interview you'll haveee.

So I'm baaaack. Well I never really went. I became a lurker. But ReZ sent me a message saying he wanted me back (or words to that effect) so I thought I'd put in a bit of effort.

Update of my life:

Now at uni in London, studying Journalism, tis awesome.

Still with lovely girlfriend of 2 and a half years :)

Not much else interesting to say lol.

GOING TO BENICASSIM FEST IN THE SUMMER YAY!

Now off to pull an all nighter and watch the election results come in :)

*Cheers*

Edited by ReZourceman
Automerged Doublepost

You obviously impressed them to get that kind of offer. Well done flinkeh!

I'm sure there will be many jobs in your future, this one obviously wasn't meant to be!

@ Flinky - You may not have got the job but I'd say what was said to you will be more valuable in the long run. They've told you how good a candidate you were and you know you're perfectly capable so as a first teaching interview experience, it'll help propel you forward for the next one. Here's hoping you do get the next one mate.

-----------------------

Exam. Yes. Went well. Much better than I thought but I need to pull my perceptions of it back a bit to a more pessimist state so I'm not disappointed if I've screwed it up. I shouldn't have though. Felt pleased with what I did. First half had me designing an experiment to be run based around the saying 'A change is as good as a rest' with an experiment coming to mind instantly after reading. The rest was statistics based and not as bad as I thought it was going to be. So overall, I'm pleased and I'm hoping I've done well. Will find out in a few weeks

Mother asked very briefly about birthday stuff for next week. Not really up for going out for a meal now considering it'll just be myself, my mother and my father which would be super uncomfortable. At least last year when my brother was around it was fine but...... :hmm: I may just see about going to the cinema with friends or something.

Sounds like you got some great advice/offers anyway Flink, in the current market thats way more than most can expect to get - definitely one to put down as a good result I think.

I've had a busy day, got lots on with work at the moment due to restructuring. Pretty much non-stop from 8-6. Should be going to the US in a few weeks which will be great.

Car insurance still haven't sorted things out (if anyone even remembers that now) they made an appointment to call me yesterday and phoned me up more than 24 hours late by which point I was busy. Not sure that will ever get sorted out.

Voted tonight, got beers and snacks ready for the through the night coverage.

Thanks for all of your advice and kind words. :)

I thought it was a disaster, but looking back on it, it wasn't as bad as I had thought. I'm just one of these people that looks back on things and thinks "ah, I should've done/said this or that." But we're taught to do that in teaching, being reflective on things.

The headteacher was brilliant. Probably one of the best I've ever met. Two years ago, the school had an awful reputation and the behaviour was atrocious. Then, they employed him as Head, and he's turned it around. The kids I met today were some of the maturest I've ever met. So, it was quite nice that he was taking his time to try and help me out. Although, I don't think I'd be able to commit to relocating for just a term. I told him that, and he was very understanding.

Stinky Flinky Sorry to hear you didn't get the job, but as you said it had positives. Remember to keep the positive feedback in mind next time you apply for something.

Razz Razz Ignore The Verve, the drugs can work! It may seem a bit crappy, anti-depressants at the age of 19 and all that. But it could get it all out of the way so then your adult life can be full of fun times and joy. And have a good day tomorrow :)

(mr-) Pau(l) Glad to see you back :) And pleasantly surprised to see you still using that sig/avatar combo.

Dipsy Hey ReZ!

Anyway. Enough teletubbies.

Went to vote. Some passing teens cheered and shouted that I should vote for Labour. Made the whole thing feel more triumphant somehow. Then went on my way to work but way too early. Did some stuff in town, then ended up killing at lot of time in the library. Went to lecture which was average lecture shape. Afterwards briefly hung out with friend from the lecture. Was weird because while I'd imagine I'll speak to him again over the internet I probably won't ever see him again. I did the whole "if you're ever around or in London post-Sept..." but I know it won't happen. Oh well, as is life. Shame, he's a 'type' of friend I'm lacking (because friends are like trading cards obviously).

I loved we were discussing last week (the unexpected drinking session) and he had bought a bottle of vodka:

Him: "You know how normally you say 'anyone want some vodka?' but don't really mean it..."

Me: "Yeah I'm not that polite while drunk, I just have anything."

I gave him a few quid to make up for it today though, so its all good :p

On my walk home saw a seagull with a limp and felt bad for it. Dunno why. I have this strange compassion for animals. I think its the lack of agency/reflexivity they have, makes me feel bad for them. I know I'm odd.

Part of me wants to stay up tonight but I do have to be up at 6am tomorrow anyway. Hearing conflicting things on when we can expect overall results. Was thinking if it was 5am I'd just go to bed earlier but I think I may just check twitter on my iPod (how did we get news before twitter?) when I wake up during the night because I never sleep all the way through.

Edited by Ashley

Written... 20 pages of notes in my notebook and... 500 words of my essay! Woop..?

Crashing a bit. Run out of food/drink. Not got any coins for the vending machine so my choice is, essentially, get cash out near the uni main entrance, go to the pub, get a drink (pepsicoke doesyafine) then stock up on... crisps and coke? Noice. My head is FUZZY. Must avoid my usual mistake of writing directly to the person marking the piece. Must avoid making rubbish jokes. Must avoid it aaaalll...

Flink: I told you they would be overwhelmed by your ass-kicking-ness. That's why they couldn't hire you, but instead offered their help. Because they were not capable of handling your vast amounts of awesomeness.

Seriously, though, don't feel down. Keep your chin high and look on the bright side of things. But you're already doing that, so I'm preaching for the choir. :p

Razz: Whatever you choose to do, know that we're here fooor yooouuu when the rain starts to pour. :)

Stinky Flinky Sorry to hear you didn't get the job, but as you said it had positives. Remember to keep the positive feedback in mind next time you apply for something.

Razz Razz Ignore The Verve, the drugs can work! It may seem a bit crappy, anti-depressants at the age of 19 and all that. But it could get it all out of the way so then your adult life can be full of fun times and joy. And have a good day tomorrow :)

(mr-) Pau(l) Glad to see you back :) And pleasantly surprised to see you still using that sig/avatar combo.

Dipsy Hey ReZ!

Anyway. Enough teletubbies.

Went to vote. Some passing teens cheered and shouted that I should vote for Labour. Made the whole thing feel more triumphant somehow. Then went on my way to work but way too early. Did some stuff in town, then ended up killing at lot of time in the library. Went to lecture which was average lecture shape. Afterwards briefly hung out with friend from the lecture. Was weird because while I'd imagine I'll speak to him again over the internet I probably won't ever see him again. I did the whole "if you're ever around or in London post-Sept..." but I know it won't happen. Oh well, as is life. Shame, he's a 'type' of friend I'm lacking (because friends are like trading cards obviously).

I loved we were discussing last week (the unexpected drinking session) and he had bought a bottle of vodka:

Him: "You know how normally you say 'anyone want some vodka?' but don't really mean it..."

Me: "Yeah I'm not that polite while drunk, I just have anything."

I gave him a few quid to make up for it today though, so its all good :p

On my walk home saw a seagull with a limp and felt bad for it. Dunno why. I have this strange compassion for animals. I think its the lack of agency/reflexivity they have, makes me feel bad for them. I know I'm odd.

Part of me wants to stay up tonight but I do have to be up at 6am tomorrow anyway. Hearing conflicting things on when we can expect overall results. Was thinking if it was 5am I'd just go to bed earlier but I think I may just check twitter on my iPod (how did we get news before twitter?) when I wake up during the night because I never sleep all the way through.

Wrong order! It's Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Lala, Po!

I did it in order of who posted...and then ReZ at the end. Because you always put ReZ in the corner in at the end ;)

ARGRGHHGARHGRHG.

Still in the library. Gotten to the point where nothing makes sense anymore. 1,600 words done, 2,000 to go. Fucksticks and merry-go-rounds. Banality. Absurd. I didn't think I'd have to actually experience the alienation that I'm writing about. BLARGGG